Anyone who thinks Khabib vs Conor Is a sure thing Either way knows nothing about MMA

Conor will tap to strikes,, I guarantee it , bet my dogs kennel

contrary to popular keyboard warrior / sherdog belief

upon greater scrutiny, that fight Is a pickem at best.

I could go In depth about this as I have In other posts. But I'm about to hit the club In like 5 mins, so I leave you with this.

I will say,

Sherdog..you don't know shit.

I think Khabib /Conor Is a 50/50 fight at best..but, I truly hope Conor just straight up knocks him out in september.

The sherdog Implosion would be glorious. There are so many people on this forum who would have to answer for their irrationality. It would be a powerful moment In sherdog history so I truly hope for that to happen.

That is all.

have a good night fam.

Edit:

on the real, this sort of Implosion has happened on sherdog before.; Conor beating Khabib and proving himself though would probably be the most powerful one we have seen in MMA history. I hope to see It because with all my soul and heart, I truly enjoy the basic bitches of the MMA fanbase being proven wrong and exposed for their lack of fight IQ.

Nothing makes me happier when It comes to MMA than to see simple / narrow minded fans be exposed and have to answer / make excuses for their lack of knowledge.

Let the games begin.

Bump this post when Conor defends. This will be one for the ages.
Does the name Nate means something to you ?
Fight IQ at its best

TS having a great time in da club tonight.

Hidden away in a bathroom stall, furiously posting on Sherdog.

Last edited:
eh, I have experience with MMA, striking and grappling and I know how to break down fights and fighters.

This isn't an easy fight for either guy.

to act otherwise would Indicate you don't know much about MMA.

Which would be a majority on sherdog outside of a select few.

I been around since 2006 on sherdog.

Sherdog Is almost al ways wrong about everything.

Shiet.. I said Rose would beat Joanna. made like 2-3 threads about It. Most people here said I was nuts, some even said It was the worst mismatch in MMA history.

Sherdog literally knows nothing and that will never change.
{<jimmies}

Conor vs Nate Is 50/50 at 170 pounds.

Nate has a massive frame, just like Nick. Just like Tony. He can fill out very well If he chooses to do so. Nate came In as a good sized welterweight against Conor, particularly in the 2nd fight. I feel that's a massive factor In the equation that most people don't care to acknowledge.

Conor vs Nate at 155

I don't see Nate having anywhere near the same success at 155, particularly when you consider that both of them will likely be of similar size.

At 170 that Is not the case. Nate has a big frame. Tony has been known to walk around at 200. Nick can walk around at 200. They all have virtually the same frame. Nate when he's not forced to eat raw vegan and restrict his calories, restrict his diet and allows his body to fill out, he gets big. Naturally.

That version of Nate Is not the "gatekeeper 155 pounder" that people keep referring to.

That siad, Conor vs Khabib Is the modern striker vs grappler matchup. I will say that Khabib's "unstoppable" takedown ability isn't quite as unstoppable as It's touted. He struggled to take down barboza for 3 minutes of the 2nd round of their fight and 4 minutes of the 3rd round. He struggled to take down tibau. Once he gets you down, he is an absolute mauler, but his ability to actually get you down Isn't quite as "olympic tier" as people seem to credit him for. Once he gets you down, he fucking mauls you though.

That combination of judo, sambo and wrestling mixed with ground and pound. He's a fucking savage. Khabib is the last person you want on top of you in MMA right now.

I fully expect Khabib to get Conor down, even though I don't think It will be as easy as most people seem to think. I fully expect him to maul Conor for a bit.

Even though Conor was fighting a wrestler on 2 weeks notice while preparing for a striker which is worth noting in itself.

I fully expect Khabib to take down Conor and maul him.

The Issue Is the way Khabib moves forward and charges for takedowns, he leaves his chin up In the air, hands down.

If he approaches the takedown against Conor In the same way he did against MJ and barboza, I feel that Is extremely dangerous for Khabib. I seen many holes In his game based on that. I would Imagine Conor and his team seen the same things.

The other thing Is that Khabib is not a finisher.

Barboza as much as he's overrated on these forums Is not a top 5 fghter, he has terrible boxing defence, horrible boxing ability In spite of having excellent kicks and knees. He Is also very bad at dealing with pressure and mentally breaks under pressure.

From what I've seen thus far, Conor gets tired and that Is the biggest hole In his game but he doesn't break. He mostly keeps moving forward regardless of the circumstance.

So, I would say..given the fact that Khabib Is not a finisher..would leave many openings for Conor to potentially land a finishing blow and stop the fight.

Like I've said many times, a fight between Khabib vs Conor Is an amazing one. It's the modern striker vs grappler matchup and It's a pickem fight at best. Especially when you objectively analyse every possible angle and nuance of the fight.

I love Tony and I actually picked Tony to beat Khabib the last time they fought. Bet on him to beat Khabib as well. This time I'm picking Khabib to beat Tony. Conor said he's sitting out until September. Which is the same period where they have an event booked for russia. I believe Conor and the UFC are expecting Khabib to beat Tony and booking a fight between him and Khabib for Russia.

Haters and shit talkers can say what they want but this is how I see it and probably pretty close to how It will go down

bump it

Pretty Good effort you're a cool conor fan. Well at least you can write and dont seem 12. If Conor even took the fight I'd stop calling him Conman and Connie for good for his three years of ducking defending. As far as Khabibs chin up and hands down he doesnt really. He's only been caught once in that position and even so has a chin from hell so one shot is not gonna phase Khabib before he's on Conor like white on rice..

Pretty Good effort you're a cool conor fan. Well at least you can write and dont seem 12. If Conor even took the fight I'd stop calling him Conman and Connie for good for his three years of ducking defending. As far as Khabibs chin up and hands down he doesnt really. He's only been caught once in that position and even so has a chin from hell so one shot is not gonna phase Khabib before he's on Conor like white on rice..
Love Conor bro. Respect him more than most.

but I've been around, I'm an old hardcore, I'm a martial artist myself.. I respect everyone.

Just cuz I'm a fan doesn't mean I wont shit on him or w/e. Man, I'd shit on my best friend.

I think most people follow the hatting narrative for Conor tho. People only see the hate side, they see I'm kinda playing devils advocate and acknowledging the other side of his actions and I'm suddenly a "nuthugger".

People are dumb.

Anyways, again.

I just wanna see the Khabib fight happen.

All the questions will be answered, sherdog will go ham n all will be right In the world again.

lmfao

I'd be pretty close to where you guys are

If I didn't factor the Floyd fight Into the equation.

And also money negotiations.

Don't think It has anything to do with being afaid. On paper Conor can beat both Tony and Khabib...

Nothing has led me to believe that Conor Is afraid thus far..

If anything I've seen the exact opposite..

But, at the end of the day this is a business and these are all things that need to be considered.

More like they know nothing of the value of money and infamy, which is an easy path for Conor to take, and he said he would do just this. Get in early, get rich, get out. Conor's words(paraphasing.)

Make no mistake Khabib would bash his PineApple head in, he can even wear his Py-Ton shoes to the cage. Conor couldn't even wrestle Little Chad Mendes, what you think Khabib will do. Which is another incentive for Conor not to take this fight. Fear of getting shamed.

Conor vs Nate Is 50/50 at 170 pounds.

Nate has a massive frame, just like Nick. Just like Tony. He can fill out very well If he chooses to do so. Nate came In as a good sized welterweight against Conor, particularly in the 2nd fight. I feel that's a massive factor In the equation that most people don't care to acknowledge.

Conor vs Nate at 155

I don't see Nate having anywhere near the same success at 155, particularly when you consider that both of them will likely be of similar size.

At 170 that Is not the case. Nate has a big frame. Tony has been known to walk around at 200. Nick can walk around at 200. They all have virtually the same frame. Nate when he's not forced to eat raw vegan and restrict his calories, restrict his diet and allows his body to fill out, he gets big. Naturally.

That version of Nate Is not the "gatekeeper 155 pounder" that people keep referring to.

That siad, Conor vs Khabib Is the modern striker vs grappler matchup. I will say that Khabib's "unstoppable" takedown ability isn't quite as unstoppable as It's touted. He struggled to take down barboza for 3 minutes of the 2nd round of their fight and 4 minutes of the 3rd round. He struggled to take down tibau. Once he gets you down, he is an absolute mauler, but his ability to actually get you down Isn't quite as "olympic tier" as people seem to credit him for. Once he gets you down, he fucking mauls you though.

That combination of judo, sambo and wrestling mixed with ground and pound. He's a fucking savage. Khabib is the last person you want on top of you in MMA right now.

I fully expect Khabib to get Conor down, even though I don't think It will be as easy as most people seem to think. I fully expect him to maul Conor for a bit.

Even though Conor was fighting a wrestler on 2 weeks notice while preparing for a striker which is worth noting in itself.

I fully expect Khabib to take down Conor and maul him.

The Issue Is the way Khabib moves forward and charges for takedowns, he leaves his chin up In the air, hands down.

If he approaches the takedown against Conor In the same way he did against MJ and barboza, I feel that Is extremely dangerous for Khabib. I seen many holes In his game based on that. I would Imagine Conor and his team seen the same things.

The other thing Is that Khabib is not a finisher.

Barboza as much as he's overrated on these forums Is not a top 5 fghter, he has terrible boxing defence, horrible boxing ability In spite of having excellent kicks and knees. He Is also very bad at dealing with pressure and mentally breaks under pressure.

From what I've seen thus far, Conor gets tired and that Is the biggest hole In his game but he doesn't break. He mostly keeps moving forward regardless of the circumstance.

So, I would say..given the fact that Khabib Is not a finisher..would leave many openings for Conor to potentially land a finishing blow and stop the fight.

Like I've said many times, a fight between Khabib vs Conor Is an amazing one. It's the modern striker vs grappler matchup and It's a pickem fight at best. Especially when you objectively analyse every possible angle and nuance of the fight.

I love Tony and I actually picked Tony to beat Khabib the last time they fought. Bet on him to beat Khabib as well. This time I'm picking Khabib to beat Tony. Conor said he's sitting out until September. Which is the same period where they have an event booked for russia. I believe Conor and the UFC are expecting Khabib to beat Tony and booking a fight between him and Khabib for Russia.

Haters and shit talkers can say what they want but this is how I see it and probably pretty close to how It will go down

bump it

I'm happy to bump it if you're right but I wont remember you, unfortunately. You, like a lot of other Sherbros always seem to argue the same way some better than others, such as yourself - you start with some excuses for Conor and some criticisms of possible opponents and claim to understand nuances in fighting better than anyone.

Conor has surprised me before. I didn't pick him against Jose or Eddie but I did pick him against Diaz the first fight.

Can he land a fight changing punch? sure, but it better be before Khebob's first takedown because as you rightly said, he is going to get mauled. He wont survive the mauling though.

Khabib has 16 finishes but people like to ignore that.

If it happens and you feel like making me grovel, feel free to call me out and I will bow down to you.

dude I remember arguing with some dude.. just before the nate conor 2 fight..

some dude was convinced Conor was fucked n he'd lose the Nate Conor 2 fight and would go on to become irrelevant or something like that.

Anyways, he kept calling him "connie" I thought that was funny. Back then, like 80% of people thought Conor was gonna get wrecked by Nate, he shoulda moved back to 145 and he was retarded for even fighting him. Here I am like, this dude Is gonna win..

Conor has something else and I seen It very early on. I've learned not to underestimate him. It also doesn';t mean I'm a nuthugger, maybe I just understand him better than the average person.

That said,

I fully expect Khabib to get Conor down and Maul him. Even though like I said, I don't think Khabib's takedown ability Is as unstoppable as It's touted and Conor's takedown defence / grappling Is quite underrated. I fully expect him to get Conor down. It's mostly the way that Khabib moves forward. He lunges forward for his takedowns not like a freestyle wrestler, but a judoka or greco roman wrestler. Which is very dangerous against a style of opponent like Conor.. He fights very well moving backwards.. he fights moving well on the back foot and he's a counter fighter, extremely accurate and very pin point in MMA. Khabib If he fights the way he did against MJ or Barboza, he leaves some ridiculous openings that anyone who can strike well and has power will capitalize on.

therein lies the danger. Khabib Is not a finisher. He didn't finish MJ for 3.5 rounds. He decisioned Barbioza over 3 rounds.

It's almost confirmed that Conor would probably get mauled for a bit, but he would also have opportunities to work and potentially land a finishing blow.

Like I said, Conor Khabib Is a very interesting fight. Truly fascinating. The modern striker vs grappler fight.

and like I said, It is far more pickem than most people here believe.

this is a tough fight for both guys

end of fucking story.

Respect both fighters

bias, emotion, like, dislike aside..

they are both beasts..

Does the name Nate means something to you ?
Fight IQ at its best
No

I am real when It comes to Nate's skillset though.

Particularly at 170.

He Is quite underrated.

One of the higher level boxers in MMA at 155 or 170 and a 2nd degree black belt, trained with the son of Rickson gracie for like 3 years.

Sorry but you don't get shown love by amir Khan and Andre ward If you don't know how to fucking box. Both the Diaz bros possess certain attributes that make them very formidable when It comes to boxing.

His boxing and jiu jitsu game are among the best In the sport. Most don't give him credit for as high level as he is In that respect.

There Is not as big of a difference between Nate and Nick as many seem to think.

Objectively speaking, the difference between the two Is negligible. The average fan just doesn't see It.

Nate Diaz needed a Huge fight, a Massive money fight to truly reach Into himself and pull out his full potential as a fighter. Conor was It. That was the fight where he truly reached Into himself and suddenly stepped out of the shadow of his brother.

Yet most people still view him as the guy who guy who was headkicked by Josh thompson 5 years ago. 5 fucking years ago.

I'm sorry but fighters evolve and I've been In this game for a long time..

Nate is hands down one of the most underrated fighters I have seen for a long long time. Especially at 170.

Last edited:
Honestly It's not that I'm even trying to be a fan of Conor.

I'm just breaking down this shit technically the best I can.

Conor just happens to be underestimated.

and I hate that shit.

so It makes me seem more of a fan than I actually am.

I respect everyone.

I'm happy to bump it if you're right but I wont remember you, unfortunately. You, like a lot of other Sherbros always seem to argue the same way some better than others, such as yourself - you start with some excuses for Conor and some criticisms of possible opponents and claim to understand nuances in fighting better than anyone.

Conor has surprised me before. I didn't pick him against Jose or Eddie but I did pick him against Diaz the first fight.

Can he land a fight changing punch? sure, but it better be before Khebob's first takedown because as you rightly said, he is going to get mauled. He wont survive the mauling though.

Khabib has 16 finishes but people like to ignore that.

If it happens and you feel like making me grovel, feel free to call me out and I will bow down to you.
I would support Conor no differently than I would any other fighter If I feel people are being a little dumb / closed minded and narrow minded.

It has nothing to do with me being biased really.

More to do with me trying to call people out for being dumb.

Conor attracts a lot of Idiots on every extreme end of the spectrum and because of such, he's extremely underrated. Most people don't know enough, have the experience or fight IQ to break down his skillset, abilities and potential In an unbiased way without sounding like an Idiot. lol

Sad but true.

Blah blah blah blah blah

As usual Conor's fans doing the fighting for him online.

Tell me @MescalineDreams

He already ducked Ferguson once; hence, why Fergy is facing Khabib.

What are you gonna be saying if Conor ducks the winner of Khabib/Ferguson?

I think the fight isn't close. Either Conor KO's him quickly and easily, or Khabib ragdolls him and has his way with him. I honestly don't see an inbetween or a back and forth fight

Respect Conor when he's in the octagon, and of course it's not a sure thing, but you have to admit at this stage Khabib will be a huge favourite. I would give Conor a 30% chance to catch Ferguson with something, a 10% chance to beat Khabib, if that.
Khabib's striking is highly underrated because his grappling is so damn good. Also his striking defense has to be among the highest in the UFC, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Let's assume for whatever reason he can't take down Conor and hold him down, that all changes in the 3rd round when Conor's gas tank will be called into question again. Khabib has relentless pressure and has shown he can take a shot. I doubt Conor will even try to throw a kick, so his weapons are limited.
On top of that, we don't rly know where Conor's at after the Mayweather TKO.

Anyways I feel this is a huge waste of time and I have to hit the club in 5 mins, so I'll leave u with that.

Peace out.

Back