Anyone watching the Scientology series?

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's a program featuring Leah Remini and her experiences in Scientology and how people are treated after they leave. She has interviews with some who were pretty high up in the organization before they got out.

A&E is running the first two hours again tonight. She really feels responsible for things she did that might have lured others in. She was in it at a very young age. It is an examination that likely fits many other cult type religions.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remi... +a&e&ef_id=Vv-qpwAAAK5tEpqT:20161213002235:s

It examines how people in it feel everything was normal until they started thinking for themselves.

There are some very strange things that Scientology is based on but not that much stranger than many religions when you really think about it.

"Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons."

I feel like it just repeats the same stuff most people already have heard or know about Scientology. There is only so much you can watch on the subject.

I saw the second one and have the first recorded now. I enjoyed it

I know it's bullshit, but I've always been fascinated with Scientology. The Mike Rinder interviews were particularly interesting due to his former high rank.

I saw the first two episodes a few days ago and will watch the rest of the series when it airs. Oh and Leah Remini can cry on my shoulder any time.

<{jackyeah}>

Scientologists should merge with vegans to become the GOAT mongoloid movement

Interesting.

Has the show covered or looked into futher the absence/disappearance of that main guys wife?

I haven't seen anything yet other than the head guy attacking people with a hammer. New one Tuesday night.

In the latest episode Leah explains the way Scientology is structured. They buy Hubbard's books and study different self improvement courses based on them working from a lower level to an upper level. They pay someone in Scientology to question them on their course to get to the next level. From time to time they claim that errors are found in the books and they have to buy another set of books at their own expense and start over again.

It was also explained how people get into Scientology and stay to keep their family together.

I'd like to see a triple threat match between Mormons, scientologists and Jehovah witnesses.

I'd like to see a triple threat match between Mormons, scientologists and Jehovah witnesses.

All religions are somewhat crazy. I guess I was lucky to have been born into a family involved in the Lutheran Church which was founded by a man who questioned the practices of the Roman Catholic Church resulting in a more benign form of religion. To me, the alarm flags are raised by how much time a religion demands of a person. There is a local church that is more like a commune. They get their members to sell everything they own and give it to the church and live in church owned housing. They become pretty much a closed community only contacting others at their place of employment to try to draw them in.

Interesting.

Has the show covered or looked into futher the absence/disappearance of that main guys wife?

Just ran across this article about Leah Remini's lawyer filing a formal request for information about the LAPD's investigation about Shelly Miscavige being missing. Apparently nobody has seen her since 2005.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/leah-remini-lapd-proof-shelly-miscavige/

If people can just disappear it's no wonder the church can keep it's secrets.

I'm a give it a watch. thanks

All religions are somewhat crazy. I guess I was lucky to have been born into a family involved in the Lutheran Church which was founded by a man who questioned the practices of the Roman Catholic Church resulting in a more benign form of religion. To me, the alarm flags are raised by how much time a religion demands of a person. There is a local church that is more like a commune. They get their members to sell everything they own and give it to the church and live in church owned housing. They become pretty much a closed community only contacting others at their place of employment to try to draw them in.
Woah, that's not good. cult tendencies fa sho.

Luther was a straight up g.

Watching. Truthfully, ever since that once guy's thread here about escaping Scientology, I've kind of been fascinated by it. I've read that thread page by page numerous times. Incredibly interesting read.

Back