Anyone watch the Crossfit Games finals? The female winner is an Olympian lifter

These threads always let me know what posters are Bi....

and she's only a mediocre Australian weightlifter too- the commonwealth and anglo nations are the world's worst at weightlifting. Just imagine when true weightlifing beasts discover Crossfit.
scmp_oly_chn_meng_suping_lift_140816.jpg

f8bc126e4b4e191b5a9963.jpg

I wanna see these gigantic Slav and Chinese women dominate those soccer moms at Crossfit Games and leave the executives panicked as they struggle to market them.

You need a certain body type and conditioning, these chicks you posted are the heavyweight level division, they wouldn't be able to do crossfit games other than those cleans and jerks, they wouldn't be able to do kips on the pull up bar, or have the stamina and endurance for the swimming and track sand bag carry and sprints.

Wasn't it pretty close with the women? I'm not sure how you can say she dominated every other woman there. Matt Fraser was never really in danger of losing on the men's side.
you watch the crossfit?

You need a certain body type and conditioning, these chicks you posted are the heavyweight level division, they wouldn't be able to do crossfit games other than those cleans and jerks, they wouldn't be able to do kips on the pull up bar, or have the stamina and endurance for the swimming and track sand bag carry and sprints.
I've never watched those games so I don't know the actual events. But clips I've seen show contestants trying to do max reps of a set weight in a given amount of time. That portion at least will be like air to them.

LOL...

<WellThere>

Exactly. A post from last night in a RIP'd thread:

I'll take competitive Strongmen, Raw Powerlifters, and Oly Lifters over Crossfitters any day of the week.

The lifters are real athletes. You see, they're actually the best in the world at specific parameters (absolute strength, absolute power) while the Crossfitters are just a bunch of nerds who design gym routines with niche parameters that nobody else in the world even cares about. They're out there competing against nobody but themselves, and aren't objectively supreme in any single physiological metric I've ever seen, not even workload (i.e. work per minute).

Ironically, their emphasis on work over 1RPM means they're not even particularly skilled at what they do, with their sloppy ass form, and the only thing they do is cross-train, when the entire point of cross-training is to heighten your capability for a more specific task or competition.

Whenever I watch Crossfit "competitions", I exhale a deep, deep sigh of exasperation, and I find myself thinking, in Michael Caine's voice, "What's the point of all those pushups if you can't kick anyone's ass in anything?"

The guy who could do the most pushups used to get a Guiness World Record entry, and that was that, but now there's an entire culture devoted to fetishizing sport preparation. Meanwhile, all the real talents are off competing in...actual sports.

The "Games" end up just end up being Well Rounded Olympic Style Lifters that can move well. They don't even program their training the way most amateur gyms do.

It's ends up jsut being like that fitness test that makes me think. Man if an NFL DB or Olympic Decathalete or a top Tier Olympic Lifter every decided to do this they would dominate.

It's weird.

LOL...

<WellThere>

Exactly. A post from last night in a RIP'd thread:

I'll take competitive Strongmen, Raw Powerlifters, and Oly Lifters over Crossfitters any day of the week.

The lifters are real athletes. You see, they're actually the best in the world at specific parameters (absolute strength, absolute power) while the Crossfitters are just a bunch of nerds who design gym routines with niche parameters that nobody else in the world even cares about. They're out there competing against nobody but themselves, and aren't objectively supreme in any single physiological metric I've ever seen, not even workload (i.e. work per minute).

Ironically, their emphasis on work over 1RPM means they're not even particularly skilled at what they do, with their sloppy ass form, and the only thing they do is cross-train, when the entire point of cross-training is to heighten your capability for a more specific task or competition.

Whenever I watch Crossfit "competitions", I exhale a deep, deep sigh of exasperation, and I find myself thinking, in Michael Caine's voice, "What's the point of all those pushups if you can't kick anyone's ass in anything?"

The guy who could do the most pushups used to get a Guiness World Record entry, and that was that, but now there's an entire culture devoted to fetishizing sport preparation. Meanwhile, all the real talents are off competing in...actual sports.
its basically a hobby for crossover athletes in regard to crossfit games

never did crossfit, and don't have a single regret about it

But can she bench tree fiddy?

I have never done cross fit but these people are def In ridiculous Shape.

They also are all on the gear as well. No doubt about that.

For sure. The testing standards for the games are not that stringent. The boxes I’ve been to, the Mexican horse meat is pretty easy to come by.

again? its always her or the "dottirs"...

Back