Anyone wait until today to file taxes?

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is the deadline for filing taxes in the US today and the IRS filing site is down or has been. I filed quite a while back even though I owed money. It seems that they have last minute troubles every year. People can still print copies and mail them. They might extend the deadline too.

No, I filed them long ago. I ended up having to pay a few thousand dollars though :(

All of it went to charity at the local strip clubs..

I started mine on the weekend, then got so triggered I stopped.

In sort, Justin's BS giving poor people money for their kids that replaced all of Harper's giving non-poor people money for their kids fucked me but good.

I just filed them a couple days ago BUT....I have a strategy.

Every other year I file them in april then the next year in Jan so its not a full year before I get another big lump sum. I usually use the one from april for summer trips so its not all spent by the time summer comes around because this is america and if you have money, you spend it.

There can be strategy to filing late, plus you usually get it right away.

Nope. I make sure I get them done before the deadline every year, but since I take extra off my paycheck, I always get money back.
Where I live, if you get money back you don't have to file your taxes on time, so it doesn't matter either way for me.
I got 450 back this year.

I started mine on the weekend, then got so triggered I stopped.

In sort, Justin's BS giving poor people money for their kids that replaced all of Harper's giving non-poor people money for their kids fucked me but good.
No offense, but you sound poor.

I filed mine before January was over. Why the fuck do people wait so long?

April 17th? That’s a random date to have them due. Here in Canada they’re due April 30th.

Wait... does everyone in the US have to file their own tax return?

In the UK you only do your own taxes if you're self employed or a business owner, and the business themselves take the tax you pay out of your wages themselves.

April 17th? That’s a random date to have them due. Here in Canada they’re due April 30th.

Holy fuck Canada's awesome.

I filed mine last week and got like a $200 refund. That's Canadian dollars but still, it counts

giphy.gif

It's normally April 15th, but that gets pushed back if the 15th falls on a weekend of holiday.

In the UK you only do your own taxes if you're self employed or a business owner, and the business themselves take the tax you pay out of your wages themselves.

Taxes are withheld from your paycheck but you're still required to file a tax return to determine either how much you will get as a refund or how much you owe.

Most people over pay. Tax day is about reconciling what you owe vs what you've paid. Here in the US, the government only cares if you owe. If they owe you, they're happy to have your money and have you forget about the whole thing.

I wouldn't wait until today. It's really too easy with the internet to get all the forms together. Anyone with a modern computer and cursory internet skills can do it.

Yeah we are responsible in the US. This is why black rappers and actors always owe millions. I did mine last month. I gave the government an interest free 14g loan. Need to adjust that.

Yep, another day of panic attacks and drinking.

Time to watch Shawshank Redemption, take a nap and sober up before heading to my lady friend's place.

Back