Anyone try the Modern Leg Lock Formula Instructional ?

Reilly Bodycomb's stuff is gold, I'm not sure about reviews, but I personally love his stuff.

Yeah I got it. it's awesome. The guy is a good teacher, and he teaches a lot like Ryan Hall, and I know some people are saying that this is a Danaher leglock system bootleg, but it covers a lot of that stuff but it's more than just that. It's clear that this guy has learned a lot from Ryan Hall, Eddie Cummings, Bill Cooper, Palhares, Dean Lister, Caio Terra, and others. He gives credit where it's due on the instructional and the set is incredibly dense. it's 10 volumes/discs and each volume has 2 or sometimes 3 chapters within that.

It's definitely the best resource out there on the position before submission' style leg locking that has become big in the past few years and the guy knows his shit. The focus is mostly on outside and inside heel hooks, but there's material on there on other leg locks as well. He uses a lot of talk about levers/frames and things like that. It's a very scientific style of teaching. That may or may not be your cup of tea but I find it helpful.

He covers the positional hierarchy. Each of the main leg locking positions. One very simple thing he does is show all the names for each position. There are so many names out there for each leg locking position, and he clarifies them all. He shows mechanics for finishing each of the main leg locks from each of the positions. He goes into positional entries from the bottom and the top. He goes into transitions from position to position. He shows counters. How to deal with those counters. There are sections on mixing upper body and lower body attacks. How to use the leg locks to pass and how to pass a good leg locker. And at the end there are some specialty techniques and scenarios.

Yes I purchased it and it's easily the best resource on leglocks available. Anyone who wants to learn the DDS system but can't fly out of New York should check it out. He branches off on his own directions aswell, it's not just a copy of the Danaher system, but he does explain many the details that makes the Renzo guy's system so different from others. Rob is an excellent teacher and his approach is very scientific and quantifiable. It's also over 10 hours of material, so you'll have plenty to work on.

Yes I purchased it and it's easily the best resource on leglocks available. Anyone who wants to learn the DDS system but can't fly out of New York should check it out. He branches off on his own directions aswell, it's not just a copy of the Danaher system, but he does explain many the details that makes the Renzo guy's system so different from others. Rob is an excellent teacher and his approach is very scientific and quantifiable. It's also over 10 hours of material, so you'll have plenty to work on.
Yeah, I hope the project doesn't get slept on. It's really good

It's definitely the most advanced thing on the market.

Thanks for the reviews guys!

Here are a couple of previews from the instructional

Modern Leglocks Trailer:

Transition from Standard Ashi to 411:

Escaping the Heel Hook:

And if you're interested you can get it (plus my bonus Single Leg X Guard instructional) here: http://www.grapplearts.com/leglocks

As someone who has been herelhooked by one of Rob's top students in competition, I can for sure say these guys know what they are doing! I got the Instructional, and it really is top notch- extremely detailed, yet focused, and covers really everything from entries, to defenses, to how to implement leg locks as a common element into the modern jiu jitsu game.

Must buy!

Can't recommend it highly enough! I've only watched the videos, haven't had a chance to drill any of it yet because my usual drilling partners are away, but even with just that I'm already finishing and escaping more way more leg attacks.

Dont you train at Renzo's NYC?

Dont you train at Renzo's NYC?

About one month out of the year. I'm by no means a Danaher student but I do know a lot about their leg lock system. With that in mind, Rob's stuff is very good.

And it's gone! Looks like it is no longer for sale. I went to order it and it s no longer available.

And it's gone! Looks like it is no longer for sale. I went to order it and it s no longer available.

Yeah that's a marketing tactic...

Leg Lock Academy did that as well way back when.

I'd say its about on par with Bodycomb. I'm still going threw it, though.

I've been to one of his camps, and have no kurtka, and both top rocks. I think the approach here is much more sophisticated. Reilly is really teaching a game that is based around takedowns and getting in and out quickly on the legs.

About one month out of the year. I'm by no means a Danaher student but I do know a lot about their leg lock system. With that in mind, Rob's stuff is very good.

So would you say that the finishing mechanics on here are on par with what the DDS guys use? Because I've been to seminars with Gordon and Eddie and one thing they both said was that there was a lot of material out there on their game, but that most of it had pretty significant errors, especially on finishing mechanics.

What's the idea with this? Does it ever come back? I was hoping to pick it up...
It does comeback. It's to make people more likely to impulse buy it with the self justification "oh well it could disappear soon I better buy it now"

The material is overall solid, but I found very little that I hadn't either puzzled out myself or tactically disagree with. The inclusion of the SLX instructional when it was for sale made it a decent enough deal, I suppose.

Back