Anyone suffer from depression?

I tricked myself into enjoying anxiety. I like feeling nerves now. Make your mind your bitch, not the other way around. Stop pretending youre weak and cant change. Im tired of the soft approach to mental health. Good luck hardening up motherfuckers.

I'm gonna keep bumping this until I don't feel like shit and or my past mistakes don't keep me condemn to a living past that isn't all my own.

I'm gonna keep bumping this until I don't feel like shit and or my past mistakes don't keep me condemn to a living past that isn't all my own.
Just don't give up and stop trying to make positive changes in your life. Even tiny ones. That's the hardest part. Lot of people living in a trance that aren't really alive anymore. Don't become one of them.

Just don't give up and stop trying to make positive changes in your life. Even tiny ones. That's the hardest part. Lot of people living in a trance that aren't really alive anymore. Don't become one of them.

I am already like that.

And it has taken a toll on my health hair started turning gray.

Depression is a first world problem

This is absolute horseshit, I've seen depression in all walks of life. Been to third world countries where alcoholism is rampant in large part due to depression. You have no idea what you're talking about

This is absolute horseshit, I've seen depression in all walks of life. Been to third world countries where alcoholism is rampant in large part due to depression. You have no idea what you're talking about

How do you know depression causes their alcoholism? Alcoholism is a lifestyle choice.

How do you know depression causes their alcoholism? Alcoholism is a lifestyle choice.

You must be trolling. Alcoholism for many people is the only way to get through a day. People turn to drugs when they can't handle the stress of dealing with things. I'm not saying it is right but if you're denying the link between the two then yes I'm going to call you a troll.

You must be trolling. Alcoholism for many people is the only way to get through a day. People turn to drugs when they can't handle the stress of dealing with things. I'm not saying it is right but if you're denying the link between the two then yes I'm going to call you a troll.

People turn to drugs because they like the way it makes them feel. To make a blanket statement like “people turn to drugs when they can’t handle the stress of dealing with things” shows your ignorance. Please stop and go read some books.

People turn to drugs because they like the way it makes them feel. To make a blanket statement like “people turn to drugs when they can’t handle the stress of dealing with things” shows your ignorance. Please stop and go read some books.

Yeah they like the way they feel. They feel better than when they are sober and having to deal with reality. Are you serious right now?

What do you like to do? Is there something that makes you happy?

I have litteraly lost interesr in the things that used to make me happy. Every thing is just a chore for me now.

Keep your head up man moods change like the weather im going through a really shit break up at the moment as you will see from my other thread. You have to set plans for yourself for the future. It fucking sucks though and feels like absolutely nothing will help.
I have litteraly lost interesr in the things that used to make me happy. Every thing is just a chore for me now.

Bumping because my depression has been acting up lately (i managed to get it in "control" thanks to mma but sometimes it comes back)

This is something I've truly never understood. Maybe it's one of those things you just have to experience to get.
I've no doubt have been through some shitty periods of my life. Not wanting to get out of bed or leave the house. But I've never turned to anti-depressants. Even though the nhs hands them out like candy!

I know people who seem fine that are pilled up, and I have to question if they couldn't of just tackled whatever it is that's making them sad, rather than turning to long term tablets.

But then I hear of these more severe cases where people do try and end their lives.

This is something I've truly never understood. Maybe it's one of those things you just have to experience to get.
I've no doubt have been through some shitty periods of my life. Not wanting to get out of bed or leave the house. But I've never turned to anti-depressants. Even though the nhs hands them out like candy!

I know people who seem fine that are pilled up, and I have to question if they couldn't of just tackled whatever it is that's making them sad, rather than turning to long term tablets.

But then I hear of these more severe cases where people do try and end their lives.

Thats sometimes a problem in its self .. people not understanding mental health .. it can be very problematic when your faced with none sympathy or compassion in havign someone understand your problems..

From what I understand, some people need that chemical boost for a period of time.. for some people it will save their life..

From what I understand, some people need that chemical boost for a period of time.. for some people it will save their life..
Everyone I know on them drugs are very much long term and don't seem to come off them. There's just something about people with more mild depression being on them I don't agree with.

A lot of the people with issues I know also have problems with drink and recreational drug misuse too. I'd say get that shit dealt with 1st then see how you feel.

Everyone I know on them drugs are very much long term and don't seem to come off them. There's just something about people with more mild depression being on them I don't agree with.

A lot of the people with issues I know also have problems with drink and recreational drug misuse too. I'd say get that shit dealt with 1st then see how you feel.

That shows you its all about personal experience .. i know plenty folks who have used for 4/5 months just to give them that lift they need, i know a few thats been on for years..

Drugs and Booze is usually a tool used to mask pain, be it emotional or otherwise .. until of course that in itself gets out of control then becomes its own problem.,;. its a complex subject and something we may never truly understand.. its not as simple as just saying "see how you feel"

Lots of people confusing being depressed which is normal, and having depression which is a condition.
Losing your job and feeling down in the dumps for a couple weeks is normal, having a literal chemical imbalance in your head that makes you unable to experience happiness in any scenario is not.

Hopefully soon more effective medications will surface

I have suffered from it since I was about 15-16. Self medicated and struggled with substance and alcohol abuse. Parents sent me to therapists. Subscribed medication.

The only thing that has ever truly helped is helping my self. Conscious thought training, physical and martial arts training. Meditation and positive affirmations. Creative/art therapy is huge. God and spirituality is the center.

I have come up with a depression healing method that involves hard work. We tend to think our problems will be solved with a pill, sexual experience, illicit drug or drink. Whatever.

It takes conscious effort and self auditing. If anyone is interested in talking or advice, please reach out to me. You can help yourself.

The first step is to love your self and understand that you need to fight for your own well being.

Mine kicks in hard this time of year
Which is particularly miserable since I’ve now got two kids (one a baby) and it’s Christmas time.
Seems this is completely backwards but someone with real anxiety/depression will understand
Fucking hate it

Back