Anyone still playing Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels?

James Baller

Black Belt
Banned
Reaction score
Level 8-4 is a fuckin joke like, what is with these God damn jumps? You have to walk to the very edge of the platform, and if you're fuckin lucky, you'll glide down, and only then can you just ever so slightly tap the God damn left control can you achieve a successful jump.

It's fuckin horseshit, I know the Japanese are glutens for punishment but come on. Enough with the fuckin bullshit jumps. I just want to play normal fuckin Super Mario Bros. without this bullshit. Not tiptoe to the absolute edge of the platforms. It's shorseshit.

When I turn on my Super Nintendo, I want some God damn peace not some aggrivating fuckin jump! The whole level is one horrific jump after the next too. It doesn't end. I've been on the same fuckin level for a week! I don't think I can even beat this shit. I don't know.
26866-super-mario-all-stars-snes-screenshot-and-lost-levels-which.jpg

your reaction to the game is partly why it wasn't released outside japan as a proper SMB sequel - it was considered too difficult for western audiences. it's by far the hardest of the 2D mario games. also have to keep in mind that all of those games (smb, lost levels, smb 3, smw) have different physics, and you may be used to one over the others without knowing it

i personally love the lost levels. beating it is what got me into playing kaizo levels. 8-4 is arguably the most difficult level in the game, but if you've managed to beat 7-3 and 8-3, you have the skills to beat it. there's also bonus worlds after you're done (worlds 9, A, B, C, D)

pretty sure i know what jump you're talking about - it's the one where you have to jump off the platform and onto a pipe below that has a piranha plant? you can't simply drop off and hold left, you have to basically jump as far to the top-right of the screen as possible and then hold left to steer yourself into the gap. there's also a hidden block in that room with a mushroom

There's a reason the levels were lost.

Level 8-4 is a fuckin joke like, what is with these God damn jumps? You have to walk to the very edge of the platform, and if you're fuckin lucky, you'll glide down, and only then can you just ever so slightly tap the God damn left control can you achieve a successful jump.

It's fuckin horseshit, I know the Japanese are glutens for punishment but come on. Enough with the fuckin bullshit jumps. I just want to play normal fuckin Super Mario Bros. without this bullshit. Not tiptoe to the absolute edge of the platforms. It's shorseshit.

When I turn on my Super Nintendo, I want some God damn peace not some aggrivating fuckin jump! The whole level is one horrific jump after the next too. It doesn't end. I've been on the same fuckin level for a week! I don't think I can even beat this shit. I don't know.
26866-super-mario-all-stars-snes-screenshot-and-lost-levels-which.jpg

lots-of-types-of-pasta-with-gluten-spelt-out-in-bread.jpg

I don't need that kind of stress in my life, but I have started playing New Super Mario Bros U on the cemu emulator and its got me feeling nostalgic about that NES me and my sister got bundled with the Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt combo cartridge.

I beat it, but the fuckin jabroni level cost me a week of gaming. A whole fuckin week. Imagine spending that much time on one fuckin le vel.

Ridiculsou.

I beat it, but the fuckin jabroni level cost me a week of gaming. A whole fuckin week. Imagine spending that much time on one fuckin le vel.

Ridiculsou.
Lol, I spent longer than that on DKC2's Toxic Tower. That fukkin level is the goddamn bane of my existence. I like to believe that because I spent so much time on it that I'm now the master of it. But that's likely not true and just me trying to make myself feel better about sucking lol.

I don't need that kind of stress in my life, but I have started playing New Super Mario Bros U on the cemu emulator and its got me feeling nostalgic about that NES me and my sister got bundled with the Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt combo cartridge.

What you didn't have the version with Track & Field and the power pad?!

<{poor?}>

need the precision of the classic NES D pad

I lost my SNES copy of Super Mario All Stars. I’m a double loser.

I just beat the game about an hour ago. This game gave me the challenge of my life. World 5, 6, 7, and 8 were heartless. The hardest level was probably 8-3. World 8-4 wasn't all that bad, because it didn't take me a trillion tries to beat it, like seriously I can't tell you how many game overs I got (mainly because I would kill myself if I messed up early on).

It's free with Nintendo's online service. The Joycons are terrible for 2-D platformers though (and my left one has that analog stick drift issue despite buying a new pair in August of last year), so I can't even play all the 2-D platformers I bought until I grab a Pro controller (which I keep forgetting to buy).

I beat the Lost Levels when this came out in 1993 on Super Mario All Stars. I still get a twitch in my eye from the hammer bros sections.

It was one of my major accomplishments,beating this one.

Lol, I spent longer than that on DKC2's Toxic Tower. That fukkin level is the goddamn bane of my existence. I like to believe that because I spent so much time on it that I'm now the master of it. But that's likely not true and just me trying to make myself feel better about sucking lol.
I beat that game too. I feel like i was a total fucking savage in the mid to late 90s. I dont have the patience for that kind of shit now.

Back