Anyone still not sold on Francis?

Lawblaw

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Yeah he knocked out Overeem but that's Reem. He always finds ways to lose any fight.

That was his worst performance ever. In all of his previous losses, he was always "winning" until he got KO'd. This is the only fight I remember where he wasn't winning. The way he was throwing wildly.

Francis has power no doubt, but lets not say this is the best HW fight. The skill level in Fedor Vs Cro Cop. JDS Vs Cain was much much greater

Francis is still a noob compared to these guys!

Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

I'm sold on him being the next contender and possible champion

but the goat talk comes down the line. HW GOAT involves beating Stipe, than probably Werdum, than maybe Stipe again if he beats someone or gets the rematch. then he has to beat whoever is next in line, hopefully someone who is a legend or has a name, and idk who this would be cause I do not believe Cain will fight again

there are a few still not advanced enough yet

caveman-inventor.jpg

No

He will be the hw champion till the ufc dies

Ngannou used to look like a big, sloppy, powerful brawler, but lately he has been looking much better. We have seen guys come on the scene and look like world beaters only to come back down to Earth later.

The thing is, at this point the stalwart veterans that eventually bring those guys back down to Earth are SO old that it's hard to see more than a couple guys standing in Ngannous way, and there haven't been many major new prospects in years.

Last edited:
So if the guy isn´t on Cain, Fedor, Cro Cop and JDS level, you´re not sold on them? So you´re not sold on a lot of HWs, right?

I am not. Not because I think he is not as good, just because I think we don't know yet how good he is.

Yeah he knocked out Overeem but that's Reem. He always finds ways to lose any fight.

That was his worst performance ever. In all of his previous losses, he was always "winning" until he got KO'd. This is the only fight I remember where he wasn't winning. The way he was throwing wildly.

Francis has power no doubt, but lets not say this is the best HW fight. The skill level in Fedor Vs Cro Cop. JDS Vs Cain was much much greater

Francis is still a noob compared to these guys!

how is it his fault overrem isnt the skill level of the other ppl.

didnt you also say overeem always wins till he doesnt, well he didnt this time. so that must mean something.

He still swings wide and wild a lot. Won't shock me a bit if Stipe comes up the middle with a straight counter and knocks him the fuck out. I think the guy has the raw talent to go down as one of the best HWs ever, but there are definitely holes in his game.

I think he's one of the most interesting HW prospects in a loooong time for sure, and I recognize his physical prowess and the rapid evolution of his MMA game in a timespan of just a few years, yet still I can't really say that I think he's going to beat Stipe or even come close.

What I can say is that Stipe vs N'Gannou as a match-up is in my opinion the most exciting one since Khabib vs Ferguson, so let's just fucking hope this one actually pulls through.

I'm sold on him being the next contender and possible champion

but the goat talk comes down the line. HW GOAT involves beating Stipe, than probably Werdum, than maybe Stipe again if he beats someone or gets the rematch. then he has to beat whoever is next in line, hopefully someone who is a legend or has a name, and idk who this would be cause I do not believe Cain will fight again

pretty much this.

i mean, anyone NOT sold on him having the possibility of being the champ is kind of crazy because he's 1 fight away and literally 1 punch away. but to say he's the best HW? i'm definitely not sold on that.

Oh look, it's a "I'm not on the hype train" thread.

Back