Anyone rolling in elbow sleeves to combat tendinitis?

Tirofijo2001

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I'm battling recurring tendinitis in an elbow, probably from lifting. I just ordered some powerlifting elastic sleeves to wear while lifting. I don't know how they will feel, but I'll try rolling in them to see if that helps.

I bought these
http://www.liftinglarge.com/Black-Crusher-Knee-And-Elbow-Sleeves
which are a little different than the neoprene or rubber sleeves. They may be too 'supportive/compressive" and hinder pulling. We'll see.

Just curious if anyone else is using something. I see a lot of people in knee sleeves but not elbow sleeves.

I used them before I figured out how to grip properly.

I'm battling recurring tendinitis in an elbow, probably from lifting. I just ordered some powerlifting elastic sleeves to wear while lifting. I don't know how they will feel, but I'll try rolling in them to see if that helps.

I bought these
http://www.liftinglarge.com/Black-Crusher-Knee-And-Elbow-Sleeves
which are a little different than the neoprene or rubber sleeves. They may be too 'supportive/compressive" and hinder pulling. We'll see.

Just curious if anyone else is using something. I see a lot of people in knee sleeves but not elbow sleeves.

From my experience the only thing that can help tendinitis in the elbow is rest and management. Whenever you feel it flare up give it some time off to recover. Anti inflammatory medication and ice work well too.

I've never found that covering it, strapping it etc... works, as it's the movement itself that cause the injury, so all you can do is rest. Sucks I know.

Between lifting, BJJ and squash it got to the point where I couldn't sleep due to the pain in my elbows. I reluctantly gave up squash and switched to using a vertical mouse at work. Doing that, after having rested my elbows when getting a flare up, has cured my elbow tendinitis completely. I can now lift and do BJJ as much as I like.

Tiger balm is usefull.. always have a tiger balm pot in any sports bag.

if you have tendonitis you can use a tennis elbow brace on the inside of your forearm. athletic tape works too.

it won't heal until you back off of intensity and give yourself time to heal.

I use plain elbow sleeves sometimes. I'm not sure if they really help, but because they are gripping and offering support, I feel like I am paying less attention to the pain...

JR201.png

I have been doing this routine daily for about a month now maybe a little longer. And i really like where my lower arm health is going. This is purely anecdotal and have to say i started rolling lighter too, so no factual proof for the routine's effectiveness.
But if the tendonitis is bad everything is probably an option for you. Hope you like it and it works for you.

Back