Anyone ride a sportbike?

There is a diavel that parks beside me a lot of mornings when I'm in Chicago. Awesome looking thing. think they are ~$18,000 here.

I had a ride on an old v twin recently, a rc 51 . Fast!!

Whats 18 grand,the diavel or the motard?

Yeh theyre nice...

On friday i stepped into a motorcycle dealership with great regret,
I saw the new le m109 r in yellow and black and it looks fucking mental in person.
Pictures dont do it justice at ALL.

2014-Suzuki-Boulevard-M109R-BOSS-studio-1.jpg

2014-Suzuki-BOSS-M109R.jpg

Anyone on an older, less technically advanced sportbike really enjoying the cooler weather? My ZX7R overheats quick in the humidity if I don't keep it above 40mph, so in traffic its like sitting on a nuclear bomb, but now its so much nicer and the temp is staying nice and low. For once I wasn't a sweaty mess by the time I got to work this morning.

That bike above looks BOSS Cherdawg!

That is that bullshit im talking about.
Here in aus they are close to 27 k ride away price,
A dead standard one for that matter.

Its a crazy looking bike, really impressive. Nice noise too. Don't know why the owner brings it to the city every day, 3:1 he is clipped or its knocked over soon enough. Most guys have a beat up old bike for the commute.

Terrible ride in this morning. First tried to help a scared to death looking kid on his first commute in. There is a huge left hand turn onto the ramp and half the cars disregard the lane system and cut across where they feel like it, completely oblivious, and I told the kid on the 250 Rebel beside me at the lights to get ready and get well ahead of the cars. He tried, but as usual a huge escalade cut across the lane and he barely stayed on and had to go to the side.

Then some jerk flicked a cigarette out of his window and it caught my visor. Wasn't too happy about that, I usually have the visor up along that part of the road, luckily not today. I wasn't happy there.

Then 7 different pedestrians wandered out onto the roads down in the city on phones and I had to swerve or outright slam on several times.

Not happy today, that was awful.

Still, will take it any day over the train.

How much is the hypermotard?
Im assuming you live in the states?

I like those bikes,just wayyyyy to overpriced where i live.

Living past 40 is overated,get the hp4

10K-12Kish depending on what model.

Terrible ride in this morning. First tried to help a scared to death looking kid on his first commute in. There is a huge left hand turn onto the ramp and half the cars disregard the lane system and cut across where they feel like it, completely oblivious, and I told the kid on the 250 Rebel beside me at the lights to get ready and get well ahead of the cars. He tried, but as usual a huge escalade cut across the lane and he barely stayed on and had to go to the side.

Then some jerk flicked a cigarette out of his window and it caught my visor. Wasn't too happy about that, I usually have the visor up along that part of the road, luckily not today. I wasn't happy there.

Then 7 different pedestrians wandered out onto the roads down in the city on phones and I had to swerve or outright slam on several times.

Not happy today, that was awful.

Still, will take it any day over the train.

well,you at least tried to help him.I just started opening up on my lane splitting and feel more comfortable doing it.I don't do it all the time either,usually only on my ride to school.

10K-12Kish depending on what model.

See if they costed that much here id buy one.
But im not paying 22k for overpriced dirtbike with road tires,fuck that.
Do you hear that ducati australia?
FUCK YOU.

Riding in torrential rain sucks. My helmet kept fogging this morning and I forgot my glove attachment to wipe the rain, 55mph in a downpur taking it straight in the face is rough.

Riding in torrential rain sucks. My helmet kept fogging this morning and I forgot my glove attachment to wipe the rain, 55mph in a downpur taking it straight in the face is rough.

I feel bad for you, here in SoCal it's always sunny. even now during winter :cool:

Anyone on an older, less technically advanced sportbike really enjoying the cooler weather? My ZX7R overheats quick in the humidity if I don't keep it above 40mph, so in traffic its like sitting on a nuclear bomb, but now its so much nicer and the temp is staying nice and low. For once I wasn't a sweaty mess by the time I got to work this morning.

That bike above looks BOSS Cherdawg!

My fans are dead on the r6 so this weather definetly helps with those long red lights and traffic jams. Plus the bike performs better in the cold.

Never rhode one but always wanted to,im sure that i am lucky i never bought my first one yet tho.....A while back i almost bought a 750 Katana(not sure what year,customized n in excellent condition) for a good price,pretty sure that would of been a bad idea considering i never even been on one before n im a pretty small guy.lol

And also i never really used an atv with a clutch,luckily my first one was a 03' 650 DS Baja.....Got that off some frenchmen that lived for racing,so this was fixxed right up real good.That was my mean big baby lol

Never rhode one but always wanted to,im sure that i am lucky i never bought my first one yet tho.....A while back i almost bought a 750 Katana(not sure what year,customized n in excellent condition) for a good price,pretty sure that would of been a bad idea considering i never even been on one before n im a pretty small guy.lol

And also i never really used an atv with a clutch,luckily my first one was a 03' 650 DS Baja.....Got that off some frenchmen that lived for racing,so this was fixxed right up real good.That was my mean big baby lol

Katana is a tame bike, not high revving and the power delivery is not too abrupt. If you were disciplined and patient enough to do a beginner course and then spend a few weeks just riding around parking lots and your neighbourhood you would probably be ok.

Katana is a tame bike, not high revving and the power delivery is not too abrupt. If you were disciplined and patient enough to do a beginner course and then spend a few weeks just riding around parking lots and your neighbourhood you would probably be ok.

So i missed out huh,it was a very nice looking bike too.But my girl was 110% against me buying a bike at that time also.

See if they costed that much here id buy one.
But im not paying 22k for overpriced dirtbike with road tires,fuck that.
Do you hear that ducati australia?
FUCK YOU.

Sup brohem, Seen you haven't been on forever wondering if you're still riding? Maybe you'll get this notification and come back and holla at your buds. Hope all is well and you're riding safe

@Ceez I hope Tesla makes a sports bike that will be ultra naughty!!
Electric bikes are garbage and I don't think Elon will make significant improvements to what makes them bad. Whats bad about them you ask? They have no engine braking ability so rely too heavily on their brakes causing them to lose control under braking and have shit stopping power all together. Then you have them being single gear so top out really low speed, like 65mph slow.

Yep,because they dont make the same amount of TORQUE.
600/750's were always fast.
Ive seen an 01 r6 do high tens on the 1/4 that was pretty damn close to standard!
Thats why i like the hayabusa,for cruising it hums along in top at 60km without a drama.

For cruising you want torque,for racing you want power.

Cool,nice bike!
I love the eddy lawson replicas, they are awesome.
What year tuono you after?

images
I wound up getting a 2014 Tuono and it was stolen on my first fucking ride. Didn' even have it insured yet so I was out the 11k I paid for it.

Electric bikes are garbage and I don't think Elon will make significant improvements to what makes them bad. Whats bad about them you ask? They have no engine braking ability so rely too heavily on their brakes causing them to lose control under braking and have shit stopping power all together. Then you have them being single gear so top out really low speed, like 65mph slow.
Nope - electric bikes are better, especially if Tesla makes them.

Back