Anyone ride a sportbike?

The road surface is a good comment. Can completely screw you up despite your experience.

He will be in pain for a long time, probably need skin grafts. Least he had a helmet on.

Fostering the habit is the only way. I have never ridden without gear, even the other day when I went to do the chain I was going to drive it up the alley and back a few times to warm up, and doing so without gear felt very very weird and uncomfortable. I don't know how squids do wheelies on a highway at 140 without it, would be terrifying.

Rode a 1985 Honda VF500 (The Top Gun bike) up until 6/6/13. Some asshole in Edison, NJ cut me off and I hit him at about 40 MPH. Was ejected, bike totalled, blown ACL, partially torn Lateral Miniscus, broken thumb, and the asshole fled the scene. Found him two days later like a boss. I miss my bike :(

Sportsbike riders have a bad rap, and for good reason. A lot of you feel the rules of the road don't apply. Do yourselves a favor and reign in the idiot sportsbike riders on the road.

yeah well do that as soon as you get the rot boxes drivers to open their fucking eyes and realize that the biggest killer of bikers ain't us,its you pricks in cars.

yeah well do that as soon as you get the rot boxes drivers to open their fucking eyes and realize that the biggest killer of bikers ain't us,its you pricks in cars.

Well said. They always think the onus is on us to get out of their way, we pay vehicle tax, pay for licenses and insurance and have every right to the road that they have, so agreed, maybe they should be more vigilant and not text, shave, do make-up, fiddle with the radio or fall asleep driving their cars along the road.

Last edited:
I've had my ZRX1200R for 10 years now but am looking to get an aprilia soon.

Well said. They always think the onus is on us to get out of their way, we pay vehicle tax, pay for licenses and insurance and have every right to the road that they have, so agreed, maybe they should be more vigilant and not text, shave, no make-up, fiddle with the radio or fall asleep driving their cars along the road.

thank you,id put up the bro fist thing,but i'm banned from putting pictures up for some reason.

My old busa mechanic who could and would knee scrap on the street was a great rider but you just never know whats on the road surface when youre riding like that.

Do it at the apropriate venues (eg-a track) so at least you can walk away with your life.

It's hard here because we have some of the best canyons to ride. There are so many different and good roads with sweepers and technical turns whatever your heart desires. We try and ride within our limits and take care to be sensitive to others sharing the road with us (cagers) but you know how it goes when you start feeling good. I'm gonna do a track day here before the end of the year, couple of my buddies race WERA org. Matter of fact I just went to their races on Sunday. It's hard for me though cuz I want to be out there soo badly! lol

The road surface is a good comment. Can completely screw you up despite your experience.

He will be in pain for a long time, probably need skin grafts. Least he had a helmet on.

Fostering the habit is the only way. I have never ridden without gear, even the other day when I went to do the chain I was going to drive it up the alley and back a few times to warm up, and doing so without gear felt very very weird and uncomfortable. I don't know how squids do wheelies on a highway at 140 without it, would be terrifying.

Nah he won't need grafts, he's lucky. He is supposed to be fully recovered physically in two weeks but his skin will take a bit longer according to his Dr. There are 4 of us that ride together all the time and 3 outta the 4 have been down in the last 2 weeks-I'm the one who hasn't. Everyone else has more experience then me riding street (I'm a dirt bike rider since I could walk) so I won't even ride without gear after everything that has happened lately. I used to wear just a sweatshirt to work but not anymore...

This is so true.

Well said. They always think the onus is on us to get out of their way, we pay vehicle tax, pay for licenses and insurance and have every right to the road that they have, so agreed, maybe they should be more vigilant and not text, shave, do make-up, fiddle with the radio or fall asleep driving their cars along the road.

I have a close call probably a couple times a week because of a distracted cager. Almost went all MMA last week. Guy looked right at me and still changed lanes in front of me! No wonder people don't have mirrors! LOL

My friend in those pictures has an Aprilia also, he loves it. You will too.

thank you,id put up the bro fist thing,but i'm banned from putting pictures up for some reason.

tumblr_li7vt6Umot1qgurd6o1_500.png

My son and my buddies bike:

Guy on the left rides a Busa with us in the canyons too, pretty good rider. Guy on the right is a knee dragger, rides a zx10 good rider too!

2 weeks ago

There meant to be a great bike,feel free to post pics of it!

Hit the track trueform,my friends have and sold there roadbikes for racebikes!

Here's an interesting one, is there any more need for road-going liter bikes? Now that the 600/750 bikes are packing such mental power/weight ratios, what is the need for a liter supersport on anything other than a track?

yes,cause i don't like going up and down the gears like i'm tap dancing to keep em in the power.the 600 and 750 will never match that initial burst of power from a standing start or out of a corner.

oh,and better fuel consumption.

There meant to be a great bike,feel free to post pics of it!

Hit the track trueform,my friends have and sold there roadbikes for racebikes!

Pics of the ZRX? or the aprilia?

Ive decided upon the Tuono for my next bike.

cant ride bikes like that. i have a bad neck,and it feels like a gorilla is trying to twist my head off when i get over 100 mph.

Here's an interesting one, is there any more need for road-going liter bikes? Now that the 600/750 bikes are packing such mental power/weight ratios, what is the need for a liter supersport on anything other than a track?

I can't ride a smaller bike, it feels like trying to ride a 125cc dirtbike. You have to stay in the top of the gear to have any throttle response. The liter bikes provide that torque and can get you outta trouble just as easily as they can get you into it. I have more control over the bike because of the bottom/mid range and for me that's huge. Plus my bike is debadged and I love it when guys roll up next to me with a 600 and try to smash out, lulz. I get that question all the time, "is that a 600 man?" No it's a 1000 but it weighs as much as your 600. Took the stock exhaust off and put a full titanium Akrapovic exhaust on, quite the weight difference.

You boyz be safe out there.

Yep,because they dont make the same amount of TORQUE.
600/750's were always fast.
Ive seen an 01 r6 do high tens on the 1/4 that was pretty damn close to standard!
Thats why i like the hayabusa,for cruising it hums along in top at 60km without a drama.

For cruising you want torque,for racing you want power.

Cool,nice bike!
I love the eddy lawson replicas, they are awesome.
What year tuono you after?

images

checking in.
just rode 2 up for the first time.not too bad,I was extra careful too

checking in.
just rode 2 up for the first time.not too bad,I was extra careful too

I tell my wife no way..

First full fairing production sportbike and it's in my mechanics shop. It's is owned by the original owner! Yes it runs and they ride the crap out of it.:icon_chee

This thread inspired me to go look at the HP4 BMW at my local dealer. Unreal. I will never buy one because I want to live past forty. I'll stick with the Aprilia dual sport type bikes. Maybe even the Ducati Hypermotard etc...

This thread inspired me to go look at the HP4 BMW at my local dealer. Unreal. I will never buy one because I want to live past forty. I'll stick with the Aprilia dual sport type bikes. Maybe even the Ducati Hypermotard etc...

How much is the hypermotard?
Im assuming you live in the states?

I like those bikes,just wayyyyy to overpriced where i live.

Living past 40 is overated,get the hp4

How much is the hypermotard?
Im assuming you live in the states?

I like those bikes,just wayyyyy to overpriced where i live.

Living past 40 is overated,get the hp4

There is a diavel that parks beside me a lot of mornings when I'm in Chicago. Awesome looking thing. think they are ~$18,000 here.

I had a ride on an old v twin recently, a rc 51 . Fast!!

Back