Anyone remembers Brawl For All? | Page 2

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by KazDibiase, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Rav7n Brown Belt

Rav7n
    Don't forget bushido, and the late great gary albright..that was way cooler than brawl for all..

2. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Pancrase was way before UFC1 :)

3. El Dandy Serious Professional Belt

El Dandy
    I liked the idea of Brawl for All, presumably seeing who was the toughest wrestler. The rules were so ridiculous, and Bart's fights really were the only interesting ones.

4. rocketskates Black Belt

rocketskates
    They fed Bart to Butterbean because he pissed off JR by beating Dr Death. Kind of sad really because I don't remember seeing Bart anymore after that. I thought Butterbean legit killed him. He should have just stayed down after the first time he got knocked down.

5. Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt

Edison Carasio
    Brawl for All was great. I loved watching pretend tough guys like Sparky Plug Holly and Bradshaw get exposed as cans.

How did Steve Blackman lose again? I remember him spamming take downs and getting a few W's via LnP.

LOL at Russo calling him Bart Simpson.

6. lakersfan45 That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!

lakersfan45
    I was there love when Bart gun knocked out dr death

I want to know how it was allowed or sanctioned.

7. D.R.H. New lights...same old lack of fun of any kind!

D.R.H.
    Didn't Blackman drop out becuase he got hurt training in between matches?

8. Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt

Edison Carasio
    That's what Russo said he thinks happened in the video posted earlier. Wonder if he would have just shot for a single on Butterbean and then grapple fucked him.

lakersfan45 likes this.
  9. japanese steel Brown Belt

japanese steel
    The main event guys were not even allowed to be involved in the first place. They were off limits to Bruce Prichard who was tasked with finding the participants.

10. Protegejoe296 Orange Belt

Protegejoe296
    Ah, Brawl for All, aka the End of the Dr. Death Push. Somewhat interesting concept, horrible execution.

lakersfan45 likes this.
  11. lakersfan45 That's sardo! No mr, accent on the do!

lakersfan45
    I'm surprised the wwe got away with as much as they did tbh. That would no way fly these days.

12. Sivo The Ram Black Belt

Sivo The Ram
    brawl for all > womens mma

Egnuldt likes this.
  13. FrankieNYC Knowing stuff is fun!

FrankieNYC

On his latest podcast with HBK as a guest, Russo said that Vince is booking to appeal to the hardcores & smart marks.

The man is an idiot!

14. RememberYammaPit Blue Belt

RememberYammaPit
    I just watched Brawl-for-all and some shoots about it. I really think Dr. Death got a raw deal. How is a guy past his physical prime expected to just beat everyone? Not only that, but the rules worked against the guy. Takedowns got you points, but the guy was let right up and you had to continue taking people down with 22 oz boxing gloves on. Williams had no standup training; he was a high-level college wrestler. They have to do this again with an MMA focus to it. Steve Blackman and Dan Severn, legit martial artists, dropped out of it. That tournament proved nothing other than Bart Gunn having heavy hands. If that whole tournament is fought with MMA gloves and a ground game allowed, totally different results.

sleepwalk likes this.
  15. The Diplomat Silver Belt

The Diplomat
    Kevin Owens & AJ Styles getting pushed as world champs/main eventers. A roster that includes/included El Generico, KENTA, Prince Devitt, Claudio Castagnoli, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Gallows and Anderson, Samoa Joe, Nakamura, etc.

I figured HHH has more to do with it, but it does seem like they've been catering to the smarks and hardcores these past few years.

16. deezy Blue Belt

deezy
    They gave Dr death a guy with an eyepatch his first fight, talk about unfair.

RememberYammaPit likes this.
  17. RememberYammaPit Blue Belt

RememberYammaPit
    LoL, fair point. I was just watching an interview with Carl Ouellet, who is actually blind in that eyepatch eye. He said the match was playing out "50/50." Man, one thing about pro wrestlers in shoot interviews, they never own up to getting their ass kicked. Bob Holly says his loss to Bart Gunn was a work. Even Dr. Death blames the Gunn KO on an injury. To his defense, he was clearly injured right before the KO, but things weren't going his way prior to that.

I just think expecting a 40 year old wrestler to win a shoot style event that involved boxing and 22 oz gloves wasn't the right idea if they wanted to push Steve Williams. Williams ended up losing to a pure kickboxer in MMA a few years later, too. Guy was tough, but never actually proved he could win in any sort of events involving standup. Expecting him to win the tournament, especially with that weird setup, was not fair to him. Also, what the hell were Dan Severn and Steve Blackman doing in the tournament if they wanted to assure a Dr. Death win? Believe Ken Shamrock turned down the offer, too. It was really a misguided event with all the injuries, the rules, and the wrestlers they used.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  18. BJP81 Blue Belt

BJP81
    I remember Bradshaw having a glass chin.

RememberYammaPit likes this.
  19. RememberYammaPit Blue Belt

RememberYammaPit
    There's rumors that Joey Styles knocked him out. Vince Russo swears that he came up with Brawl-For-All to shut Bradshaw, who was saying he could beat anybody in the locker room, up. If that is true, he succeeded. [​IMG]

BJP81 likes this.
  20. Fatt Hughes Brown Belt

Fatt Hughes
    I remember reading that though B4A was a dud for us audiences, it was a big hit with "the boys" backstage. With wrestlers actually doing bets on who would win, and Taker acting as witness and enforcer if dudes don't pay up.