Anyone remember "South Park Republican" and identify as such

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Personally this is pretty much has I see myself. I think it was before libertarian really caught on.

A South Park Republican (coined by Andrew Sullivan, 2001[1]) is a person who holds center-right political beliefs influenced by the popular American animated television program South Park. Many may hold generally conservative views on most fiscal matters but may be more moderate or even liberal in regards to social issues such as LGBT Rights and abortion.

South Park co-creator Trey Parker is a registered member of the Libertarian Party.[2] Fellow co-creator Matt Stone sums up their views with the comment, "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."[3]

I definitely can get behind these views as I am more center right and respect others views and what they do with their body or who they fuck but I'd rather have a better title than that.

I definitely can get behind these views as I am more center right and respect others views and what they do with their body or who they fuck but I'd rather have a better title than that.

It's all good. I will start a opposition party called the Futurama economic progressives.

both parties talk about peoples freedom then go on to list what freedoms you are allowed to have.

Personally this is pretty much has I see myself. I think it was before libertarian really caught on.

A South Park Republican (coined by Andrew Sullivan, 2001[1]) is a person who holds center-right political beliefs influenced by the popular American animated television program South Park. Many may hold generally conservative views on most fiscal matters but may be more moderate or even liberal in regards to social issues such as LGBT Rights and abortion.

South Park co-creator Trey Parker is a registered member of the Libertarian Party.[2] Fellow co-creator Matt Stone sums up their views with the comment, "I hate conservatives, but I really fucking hate liberals."[3]
Yep.
That's roughly my POV, and anyone who tries to tell me what my political position is can go to hell.

ETA, sorry about that.
... can go to fucking hell.

_O_OvoBy.jpeg

I thought you were referring to this one particular episode when I read the title.

I consider myself a Flintstones Federalist.

Ahh yes. A show that couldn't stay on the air on it's own merit.
<{ohyeah}>

140 episodes is hardly on its own merit. Family Guy got cancelled,too. Animated cartoons are a hard sell to executives since they cost 1-2 million dollars an episode.

Futurama bounces from network to network because Groening owns the rights. Unlike with the Simpsons, which Fox owns and will pump until it dies.

The South Park Republicans will now have to deal with the sudden rise of the Anime-Right!

The worldview of SPR's and libertarians can be summed up pretty simply:

"I don't give a fuck about you, your life or what you do with it. Just leave me alone, too. Above all, do not ask me for any financial help."

It's a very high-minded, nuanced and enlightened political philosophy.

The worldview of SPR's and libertarians can be summed up pretty simply:

"I don't give a fuck about you, your life or what you do with it. Just leave me alone, too. Above all, do not ask me for any financial help."

It's a very high-minded, nuanced and enlightened political philosophy.

Also dependent on being ignorant of how market distribution works.

I think it's weird when people say they hate party A, but because they REALLY HATE party B, they are a member of party A.

Why would someone be a part of something they hate? You know you have the option of not being a part of either party, and not pushing either party's nonsense. There are not actually only two distinct sets of beliefs.

I hate conservatives because they're idiots.

I hate liberals because they're idiots, but are convinced that they're geniuses.

Ahh yes. A show that couldn't stay on the air on it's own merit.
<{ohyeah}>

I liked Futurama, good show, didn't deserve its original cancellation, probably would have done better numbers if its time-slot wasn't constantly jerked around.

Anyway, yeah I'd probably also describe myself as center right, fiscally right but slightly left on some social issues like abortion (although not after first trimester unless under certain circumstances like the mothers life at risk or child is disabled) and euthanasia.

Last edited:
Back