Anyone remember Human Weapon and Fight Quest?

I know some of you guys have to remember these.

The shows were remarkably similar. Human Weapon aired on History in 2007. Fight Quest aired on Discovery in 2008. In the case of both shows, the hosts would go around the world and check out a different martial art for each country.

Like, in Korea they'd check out Taekwondo. Then on the next episode they'd be in Thailand checking out Muay Thai. Then to France to get a taste of Savate.

Bros, I fucking LOVED those shows back in the day. Watched every episode.

Anybody else have fond memories of watching these?

MV5BMTY3MzEwMTE2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQwODQ2MQ@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

91PuOo6GzOS._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg
I think I remember liking Fight Quest better.

Fight Quest was great.

My favourite one of these kind of shows was Last Man Standing.

They did a mix of combat sports and endurance events.

Last+Man+Standing+5.jpg
That show was awesome.

Human Weapon was a bit funnier and Fight Quest was too tryhard serious.

Both guys came off like bro douchbags, TBH.

You think so?

I never got that feeling. I thought they seemed like pretty chill, humble guys, especially the other guy (not Jimmy Smith).

Lol remember Final Fu? What a cringe fest that was. I think it was on around the same time as these 2

You think so?

I never got that feeling. I thought they seemed like pretty chill, humble guys, especially the other guy (not Jimmy Smith).
Smith was anything but humble in the BJJ episode. Ran his mouth about being a fighter but was a bottomless well of excuses when he got wrecked: "I was injured, I had food poisoning, they only beat me because of the gi, it's hard for me to learn because I'm so strong and fast." I guess the other guy was cool by comparison.

there was a chinese version called kung fu quest that was pretty entertaining. It is all up on youtube last i checked.

Smith was anything but humble in the BJJ episode. Ran his mouth about being a fighter but was a bottomless well of excuses when he got wrecked: "I was injured, I had food poisoning, they only beat me because of the gi, it's hard for me to learn because I'm so strong and fast." I guess the other guy was cool by comparison.

I don't remember much about Jimmy on the show but I liked Doug quite a bit.

I'll have to go find that BJJ episode and check it out. Sounds kind of hilarious.

I don't remember much about Jimmy on the show but I liked Doug quite a bit.

I'll have to go find that BJJ episode and check it out. Sounds kind of hilarious.
I posted it ITT. Doug actually has a pretty good attitude despite spending the episode getting beaten up by women and teenagers.

The format of Human Weapon annoyed me, like “we’ll go to this one dojo to learn this one technique and then go halfway across Japan to learn a different technique from a different teacher, etc.” whereas in Fight Quest, they were assigned one instructor and trained hard for 5 days.

The absolute best part of Fight Quest was Doug’s BJJ instructor. I would fly to Brazil just to train with that guy.

Yeap, liked both shows.

Anyone remember The Contender (boxing) and The Contender Asia (kickboxing) ?

I liked fight quest because I liked Jimmy Smith.

I know some of you guys have to remember these.

The shows were remarkably similar. Human Weapon aired on History in 2007. Fight Quest aired on Discovery in 2008. In the case of both shows, the hosts would go around the world and check out a different martial art for each country.

Like, in Korea they'd check out Taekwondo. Then on the next episode they'd be in Thailand checking out Muay Thai. Then to France to get a taste of Savate.

Bros, I fucking LOVED those shows back in the day. Watched every episode.

Anybody else have fond memories of watching these?

MV5BMTY3MzEwMTE2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQwODQ2MQ@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

91PuOo6GzOS._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg
Yeah. They were awesome until the crossover episode that caused the planet to cease to exist.

Back