Anyone remember Human Weapon and Fight Quest?

G

Guestx

I know some of you guys have to remember these.

The shows were remarkably similar. Human Weapon aired on History in 2007. Fight Quest aired on Discovery in 2008. In the case of both shows, the hosts would go around the world and check out a different martial art for each country.

Like, in Korea they'd check out Taekwondo. Then on the next episode they'd be in Thailand checking out Muay Thai. Then to France to get a taste of Savate.

Bros, I fucking LOVED those shows back in the day. Watched every episode.

Anybody else have fond memories of watching these?

MV5BMTY3MzEwMTE2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQwODQ2MQ@@._V1_UY268_CR4,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

91PuOo6GzOS._AC_UL320_SR226,320_.jpg

The thing I remember the most was when they animated the techniques with the science behind them. That was awesome

The thing I remember the most was when they animated the techniques with the science behind them. That was awesome

I think that was Human Weapon. It was interesting.

I remember one of the hosts--Jason Chambers, the smaller guy--always seemed a little shady to me. Not sure why I felt that way, just kind of did.

If I remember correctly he ended up being involved with some MMA promotion later on that ended up not paying its fighters or something like that.

Can't remember the specifics exactly.

I think that was Human Weapon. It was interesting.

I remember one of the hosts--Jason Chambers, the smaller guy--always seemed a little shady to me. Not sure why I felt that way, just kind of did.

If I remember correctly he ended up being involved with some MMA promotion later on that ended up not paying its fighters or something like that.

Can't remember the specifics exactly.
Both of them were shady, but that show was one of the 2 martial arts shows available, I wasn't going to miss them.

Both of them were shady, but that show was one of the 2 martial arts shows available, I wasn't going to miss them.

Both shows were cool. The concept is limited because there are only so many martial arts but I wish we could've at least gotten a second season from them.

The ninja one was hilarious. One of the ninjas was a twentieth degree black belt. He threw cardboard shuriken at the visiting fighters during sparring.

The ninja one was hilarious. One of the ninjas was a twentieth degree black belt. He threw cardboard shuriken at the visiting fighters during sparring.

LOL I think I missed that episode. . .

Fight Quest was great.

My favourite one of these kind of shows was Last Man Standing.

They did a mix of combat sports and endurance events.

Last+Man+Standing+5.jpg

Liked both shows, but I think they exaggerated the effectiveness of some arts somewhat.

Fight quest seemed the more legit of the 2 shows, but the move break downs on human weapon were good.

I like the ep where he studied to become the Joe Rogan 2.0.

Was this the show where the hosts would actually compete against the champs of that martial art at the end?

That show was cool. Although sometimes the hosts would kick ass just using Muay Thai and BJJ rather that the style the were supposed to be learning.

I used to watch these shows.

Anyone remember Rallarsving?
Rallarsving-1024x680.jpg

Watched a few shows of human weapon.

I watched all of fight quest when it was on Netflix (a long time ago). Awesome show

Hell yeah, I remember these shows! Human Weapon was AWESOME. Fight Quest was a just cheap knock-off. It was Discovery's weak ass attempt at copying Human Weapon.

Fun fact: the Judo episode of Human Weapon is actually what got me into BJJ.

Another fun fact: I ended up joining the same BJJ school that Jason Chambers trained at. Seemed like a nice guy. A couple years later, he got kicked out. The instructor didn't say why, but he said that Jason was a con-artist. So it sounds like OP was right - he is pretty shady, LOL.

Also, the Krav Maga episode of Human Weapon was sick. My favorite episode of the entire series.

I watched Human Weapon when it was on I remember them going to Korea for some TKD the big guy got knocked out it served him right for the shit he did in the Karate and Pankration episodes.

Was this the show where the hosts would actually compete against the champs of that martial art at the end?

Two shows, not one. But the answer is yes, as both shows were basically the same.

I remember the big dude on Human Weapon fought an experienced Savate guy and beat him and the Savate guy was pissed off. And I remember one of the Fight Quest guys doing a boxing match in Mexico and then getting booed when he won.

That show was cool. Although sometimes the hosts would kick ass just using Muay Thai and BJJ rather that the style the were supposed to be learning.

I remember on the Hapkido episode of Fight Quest one of the hosts kept falling back on his boxing and they were like, "No, no, use Hapkido!"

Aww shit, I just realized that one of the dude's on Fight Quest was none other than former Bellator, and now UFC, commentator Jimmy Smith!

fight-quest1.jpg

jimmy-smith-1405329472.jpg

Hell yeah, I remember these shows! Human Weapon was AWESOME. Fight Quest was a just cheap knock-off. It was Discovery's weak ass attempt at copying Human Weapon.

I thought they were both probably equally as good--pretty much the exact same show, really--but of course Human Weapon came first so it's got the street cred of being the original.

Fun fact: the Judo episode of Human Weapon is actually what got me into BJJ.

No shit, well that's interesting. Why didn't you actually go into Judo?

Another fun fact: I ended up joining the same BJJ school that Jason Chambers trained at. Seemed like a nice guy. A couple years later, he got kicked out. The instructor didn't say why, but he said that Jason was a con-artist. So it sounds like OP was right - he is pretty shady, LOL.

Dude I'm telling you, I can't remember what it was exactly, but there was definitely something about an MMA event he was helping to promote where the fighters got screwed over.

Apparently he also was brought up on rape and drug charges, but they were dismissed due to insufficient evidence.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2008/11/21/report-charges-against-jason-chambers-dropped

I watched Human Weapon when it was on I remember them going to Korea for some TKD the big guy got knocked out it served him right for the shit he did in the Karate and Pankration episodes.

What did he do exactly?

Back