Anyone remember Carl Malenko?

When I was going through the old Prides I remember him winking at the viewer when he was up against the ropes, his cool look, and Malenko made me think of ICP.

When I was going through the old Prides I remember him winking at the viewer when he was up against the ropes, his cool look, and Malenko made me think of ICP.
I remember that lol, against Egan I think, mabye someone else

I wonder what Malenko is up to nowadays

Not that the world cares...but dude was one grindy mofo

Actually, no drug testing probably made it a more even playing field.

Now, you get fighters who game the system (Vitor, Anderson, Jon Jones) fighting against natural athletes who don't (Bisping, Weidman, Cormier). It's a bit unfair, and Bisping sure as hell lost fights (and his health) because of this.

I hate steroid abuse and wish no one would do it, but find the Pride not testing argument to be flat and not well-thought out.
that sneaky shit with the towel leads me to believe he would not be adverse to sneaky shit with a needle.

I remember him. He used to wrestle in BattlARTS in Japan under the name Carl Greco.

Here's an interview with him:

Fight Finder says he had a bunch of fights post PRIDE.

Some other guys who wrestled in BattlARTS and got fights in PRIDE were Yuki Ishikawa and Alexander Otsuka.

I remember him. He used to wrestle in BattlARTS in Japan under the name Carl Greco.

Here's an interview with him:

Fight Finder says he had a bunch of fights post PRIDE.

Some other guys who wrestled in BattlARTS and got fights in PRIDE were Yuki Ishikawa and Alexander Otsuka.

Nice, this I did not know

I remember his name but not his fights, I'll have to check my DVD's when I get home.

BTW when you said Boris took him off the streets, I thought you meant he got murdered lol.

He was great thats for sure!
swE7gwK.jpg

The only Malenko that matters isnt a gayass cracked clown boyband,or a Russian mma fighter....

Its DEAN MALENKO the man of 1000 holds lol.

Prides rules were the best,closest thing to a real street fight and the scoring the whole fight instead of rounds was epic,just needed grounded elbows.

Steroids are still rampant tho most guys in the ufc are getting popped for estrogen blockers which are part of the cycle process.Tbh i'd prefer a level playing field rather then pretending there is an even playing field and letting certain guys do what they want.

Apparently his real last name was Ognibene... and his reaction to getting choked out by Goes is absolutely hilarious!!!

Of course , the powerbomb KTFO was due to a clash of faces / head combined with gravity in FULL EFFECT with a 205lb Brazilian that was 100% pure muscle, coming down at the psi # I couldn't only dream of knowing lolsss. Rampage however, if you watch right after the slam has a gash right on the nose / face or forehead ( not 100% sure) but I am sure he got a wicked cut on his face and he had to be concussed, just look at his eyes, glossy almost as if he was Ko'd himself, but he was fine :)

I feel like very few people noticed that.

As hard as the slam was, the head butt aspect of it really could have been the deciding factor in the KO.

I only remember Dean Malenko, the man of a 1000 submissions.

Most people do. It isn't crazy that you remember them.
Of course you can look them up easily on the internet, however it's been a long time since he's actually competed in Pride. I haven't heard from him a lot recently either I believe he fought and some small wrestling style organization not sure when.

Back