Anyone remember Carl Malenko?

Goes was a tough forgotten ol´school dude...
Hell yea, dude he fought to a Draw with Sakuraba right before he arm triangled Malenko

&we all know Saku was Japan's #1 superstar at fighting, the guy was brilliant to watch fight, than came out of the chute boxe academy Wanderlei Silva, swinging for the fences Every Time and batting Saku's head into the bleachers

@DaPunkMinowaMan

In Allan's first pro fight, he fought to a Draw with fkn Edit: Frank Shamrock when he was roided to the gills lol. Allan was one tough s.o.b

Last edited:
Frank Shamrock was a beast

I've been back and watched some of the more well known Pride fights, but I don't like some of their rules, and the fact there was no drug testing. I'm glad I missed out on that era cause I'd probably not be into MMA at all now.

Actually, no drug testing probably made it a more even playing field.

Now, you get fighters who game the system (Vitor, Anderson, Jon Jones) fighting against natural athletes who don't (Bisping, Weidman, Cormier). It's a bit unfair, and Bisping sure as hell lost fights (and his health) because of this.

I hate steroid abuse and wish no one would do it, but find the Pride not testing argument to be flat and not well-thought out.

Oh bruv definitely, Wand was roided to the gills & Mark Kerr was ...lets just say on another level of steroid abuse lol
Mark Kerr was interviewed like not that long ago...i think by the same guys who filmed him for the smashing machine...

And he said: i was like....275lbs...with 5% fat....just Overkill!

Here it is...at like 2:50

And yeah Malenko...he was not exciting to watch

Actually, no drug testing probably made it a more even playing field.

Now, you get fighters who game the system (Vitor, Anderson, Jon Jones) fighting against natural athletes who don't (Bisping, Weidman, Cormier). It's a bit unfair, and Bisping sure as hell lost fights (and his health) because of this.

I hate steroid abuse and wish no one would do it, but find the Pride not testing argument to be flat and not well-thought out.
Pride was realistic about it. Those who were following sports in the 1980s-90s-00s know that it was useless.

Mark Kerr was interviewed like not that long ago...i think by the same guys who filmed him for the smashing machine...

Wow thanks for that. I always really enjoyed listening to Mark. He I so humble and intelligent. Earie remark he made about recovery and the future and how he cant say if he will be sober 20 years from now...As a 26 year old that had a 9 year run as a completely wasted down and out alcoholic it's scary to think of.

Wow thanks for that. I always really enjoyed listening to Mark. He I so humble and intelligent. Earie remark he made about recovery and the future and how he cant say if he will be sober 20 years from now...As a 26 year old that had a 9 year run as a completely wasted down and out alcoholic it's scary to think of.
Yeah i like listen to Kerr too...

And i kinda think that when the film crew taped him shooting...and he showing the bags full of needles and ped's...might have been a cry for help...without activley saying something...i hope you get what i mean...

Anyway...Mark Kerr was also starting to lnp the shit out of guys after he couldn't finish Fujita...his fight with Herring...was even too much for the Japanese fans, who loved Kerr, and they started booing him! Then Herring landed that knee/kick while Kerr shot in and finished him...

And now back to Malenko...lol
The japanese gave alot of boring guys chances and more fights...but Malenko...i think he took it too far...and was gone after 2 fights

Yeah i like listen to Kerr too...

And i kinda think that when the film crew taped him shooting...and he showing the bags full of needles and ped's...might have been a cry for help...without activley saying something...i hope you get what i mean...

Anyway...Mark Kerr was also starting to lnp the shit out of guys after he couldn't finish Fujita...his fight with Herring...was even too much for the Japanese fans, who loved Kerr, and they started booing him! Then Herring landed that knee/kick while Kerr shot in and finished him...

And now back to Malenko...lol
The japanese gave alot of boring guys chances and more fights...but Malenko...i think he took it too far...and was gone after 2 fights
My personal stance is that all (95%) were and are still juicing... but back then I really had a pb with Team Coleman... They were not juiced, they were superjuiced!

My personal stance is that all (95%) were and are still juicing... but back then I really had a pb with Team Coleman... They were not juiced, they were superjuiced!
Well, as Baroni said:...until the wheels fall off!

King of Lay N Pray only has one Decision win? Jake Shields would be disappointed.

His name was Fedor Malenko you obviously never watched Pride.

Malenko, the LnP MASTER OF MMA

Malenko is a pioneer of the sport, so respect to Malenko.

Last edited:
He beat fakn Egan Inoue

Back