Anyone remember Carl Malenko?

315MMAFighter

MąïȚře Đë Đəğåť§ - Pure Dominican
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Former Pride FC veteran Carl Malenko aka ( the Lord of lay n pray) imo of course lol, mabye even the inventor of lay n pray strategy lol joking. Seriously, this guy fought some of the past greats of Pride FC.891259496584.jpg
Defeated Egan Inoue by lay n pray the whole fight. Won by decision. Took on the Axe Murderer, lost by decision. I mean, the guy was tough as nails. He was taken off the streets by Boris Malenko a former Russian wrestler that was famous during his time and had many connections with the Japanese pro wrestling industry in Japan , thus giving Carl a career in mma. Any thoughts on this guy other than he was a lay n pray Lord? Lol Sherdog BLESS

@Jehannum BLESS
@Myrddin Wild BLESS
@scorpipede
@phunky
@TeTe BLESS (I'm in DC still btw ;-) )
@LouisBolanos
@TGArthur @Seoul BLESS:)

Last edited:
He jittered alot and than would begin to strike , mabye throw a right straight into any TD attempt, anything he could get, be it a single, double, anything to take his opponent down

I remember The Great Milenko

I'm a newbie fan of MMA though...the first UFC event I saw was UFC 60 Hughes vs Gracie and it didn't exactly spark my interest in the sport. Cage Rage events did that.

I remember The Great Milenko

I'm a newbie fan of MMA though...the first UFC event I saw was UFC 60 Hughes vs Gracie and it didn't exactly spark my interest in the sport. Cage Rage events did that.

Lol , I remember the icp. Crazy bunch of moflo'z

Malenko was old school @Jehannum BLESS, He fought in pride back in the day. 98 99, 2000's

Malenko was old school @Jehannum BLESS, He fought in pride back in the day. 98 99, 2000's
I've been back and watched some of the more well known Pride fights, but I don't like some of their rules, and the fact there was no drug testing. I'm glad I missed out on that era cause I'd probably not be into MMA at all now.

His last fight he lost by sub ( armbar ) but before that he won by tko doc stoppage against Tony Souza, these fights of course took place in some regional mma circuit. Real Fighting Championship 11 - Revenge of the Warriors February 23, 2008 in Tampa. Malenko is a veteran of the mma game. I guarantee he is still one crazy powerful angry Russian American that'll lay on top of you and just gnp till lights out

Last edited:
I've been back and watched some of the more well known Pride fights, but I don't like some of their rules, and the fact there was no drug testing. I'm glad I missed out on that era cause I'd probably not be into MMA at all now.
Their are whole DVD,s 3 hrs long that you could watch on youtube.com

Last edited:
The commentary is fkn awesome these guys are fkn hilarious, they drink twisted tea all the time and sometimes it gets hilarious

Oh bruv definitely, Wand was roided to the gills & Mark Kerr was ...lets just say on another level of steroid abuse lol

My favourite rule of course was the soccer kick to the head along with the stomp to the head. Guaranteed KTFO lol , Rampage was also awesome to watch and uhh who could ever forget when he anniHilate's Aroma?
@Jehannum

Last edited:
I WISH UFC would adopt certain rules from the PRIDE FC days.

My favourite rule of course was the soccer kick to the head along with the stomp to the head. Guaranteed KTFO lol , Rampage was also awesome to watch and uhh who could ever forget when he anniHilate's Aroma?

Of course , the powerbomb KTFO was due to a clash of faces / head combined with gravity in FULL EFFECT with a 205lb Brazilian that was 100% pure muscle, coming down at the psi # I couldn't only dream of knowing lolsss. Rampage however, if you watch right after the slam has a gash right on the nose / face or forehead ( not 100% sure) but I am sure he got a wicked cut on his face and he had to be concussed, just look at his eyes, glossy almost as if he was Ko'd himself, but he was fine :)

Former Pride FC veteran Carl Malenko aka ( the Lord of lay n pray) imo of course lol, mabye even the inventor of lay n pray strategy lol joking. Seriously, this guy fought some of the past greats of Pride FC.View attachment 226941
Defeated Egan Inoue by lay n pray the whole fight. Won by decision. Took on the Axe Murderer, lost by decision. I mean, the guy was tough as nails. He was taken off the streets by Boris Malenko a former Russian wrestler that was famous during his time and had many connections with the Japanese pro wrestling industry in Japan , thus giving Carl a career in mma. Any thoughts on this guy other than he was a lay n pray Lord? Lol Sherdog BLESS

@Jehannum BLESS
@Myrddin Wild BLESS
@scorpipede
@phunky
@TeTe BLESS (I'm in DC still btw ;-) )
@LouisBolanos
@TGArthur @Seoul BLESS:)
I remember his fight with Allan Goes...

His mom was saying they had him doing 9000 squats while they were having dinner watching him.

Back