Anyone really looked at Till's record?

You can do the same with most fighters earlier records.

To an extent but usually they'd step up to top fifteen or so first. Cerrone just faced Lawler in a close fight. Certainly wasn't a one sided affair.

Skipping from totally unranked to top five ( or so)
When was the last time you remember that?

When was the last time Cerrone was dropped by a liver kick? RDA 2?
THe Masvidal end started with 2 liver kicks. You could tell by the way he was standing when the fight ended that it was his body that hurt. I still think Donalds chin is fine though. It sucks that he spilled his guts in the dirt in a wreck. I think Cowboy feels like he cant unwind once he gets tapped with a liver kick.

Have watched Till's fights in the UFC and he looks good against the competition. When he started smack talking " I'm the best fighter in the WW divison. No, In the Entire UFC", after his last fight I just kinda rolled my eyes.
The only guys who get pushed ahead are the ones who talk a lot of shit instead of sitting quietly back and waiting for their turn. This isn't new.

The only guys who get pushed ahead are the ones who talk a lot of shit instead of sitting quietly back and waiting for their turn. This isn't new.

Well put. It seems like it's getting worse imo in the last couple of years..

He beat 2 Silva's, an Oliveira and a Souza. Record is pretty sweet if you didn't look at first names.

Only way Cerrone wins is if he refuses to engage in the standup and makes it a grappling match

Cowboy doesn't deal well with pressure, so Till has to outbully him.

You can do the same with most fighters earlier records.

Agreed on all fronts. I'll be shocked if Cowboy tries to take the fight to the mat and keep it there (Till has pretty good TDD IMO). And Cerrone's kryptonite is pressure fighters with good boxing. 100% No one fights the top echelon starting off in their fight career.

Cowboy has problems with above average boxers, and body shots. I have to admit, I don't know shit about Till other than he's fighting Cowboy. Every fight is 50/50 if I don't know a lot about both fighters.

Have watched Till's fights in the UFC and he looks good against the competition. When he started smack talking " I'm the best fighter in the WW divison. No, In the Entire UFC", after his last fight I just kinda rolled my eyes.

Now he's got his wish and is facing a named top ten fighter in Cowboy Cerrone. I'm thinking this is just going to be way to much for young prospect Till. I went and looked up Darren's record and the fighters he has faced in and out of the Octagon.. Here's some interesting facts:

Combined Record of Till's opponents outside the octagon is 51-49-1 . Out of the eleven fighters he faced 7 have losing records and 5 have winning records. Basically he faced .500 opposition.

Inside the UFC Till has faced and won against Four opponents who have a combined 13 total fights with the promotion. A record of 4 wins, 7 losses and 2 draws. Three of the fours fighters have been cut due to losses with the Co. Only 1fighter remains in the UFC that Till has faced, Bojan Velickovic who is 2-2-1. So far Till has faced .500 fighter at best with the promotion.

Along the way Till has compiled 2 decisions, 1KO and 1 draw in the UFC.

After looking at the stats and seeing the level of fighters Darren has faced in his impressive 15-0 run, I think this is too big a step up in competition. Yes Till looks pretty good against non elite level fighters. Cowboy is a totally different game.

Any thoughts out there?

What chances do you think Till has in this fight?
Do you believe he IS the next big thing in the WW divison?

Speak up folks what to hear all thoughts on this bout...

Yes I think it will be entertaining!!
I think Cerrone wins 8/10 times if you could have them fight over and over with their current skillsets and experience levels, but Till does have a potentially dangerous skillset for Cerrone. Although we haven't seen if he can apply it to higher ranked fighters yet, we have seen that he is essentially a younger and slightly bigger version of cerrone, striking wise.

So if Cerrone is underestimating him and/or not in a good mental place, i could definitely see Till getting off good strikes and capitalizing for the finish. If he has a great gameplan or sees specific holes, he could also win a decision in a potential firework show for the fans.

But like i said, i would say cerrone wins 7 or 8 out of 10 times, right now.

If Till does steamroll him though, i would say that indicates that he has potential to be one of the next big things at 170. Whether or not he actually is, we will see.

Till would absolutely murk a scrub like Mike Perry though. That's a fact. If he beats the Donald, i'd love to see that matchup. Fireworks fo sho.

Cowboy is relaxed going into this but seems to cave in fights if he can’t find his rhythm. Till is tough, he took a beating of Dalby with a dislocated shoulder for 5 straight minutes and wasn’t finished. I think Cowboy might be underestimating Till and start to lose his composure when he realises this won’t be a walk in the park. On paper Cerrone should win but I wouldn’t be shocked if Till beats him.

Cowboy doesn't deal well with pressure, so Till has to outbully him.

He dealt with Robbie fine, and all of the non-top 10 fighters he has faced.

The problem isn't pressure so much as his gatekeeper status. He loses the big fights no matter how little pressure he is given. I don't think Till is that great. TKO for Cerrone, not sure which round.

We'll see tomorrow who was right.

Till can win, its an MMA fight. Cerrone has a bad liver and a suspect chin but unless he has deteriorated from too much mileage or something, he is going to likely submit Till. Till is still only 24 years old. If he beats Cerrone that's a big win for a 24 year old so I'm going to guess he doesn't.

Cerrone was better than Till back when he was still in the WEC. I'm ever amazed at how quickly the morons on this forum rush to discredit his career and short change him after a loss.

QUOTE="CleverNameEh, post: 134980747, member: 419865"]I think Cerrone wins 8/10 times if you could have them fight over and over with their current skillsets and experience levels, but Till does have a potentially dangerous skillset for Cerrone. Although we haven't seen if he can apply it to higher ranked fighters yet, we have seen that he is essentially a younger and slightly bigger version of cerrone, striking wise.

So if Cerrone is underestimating him and/or not in a good mental place, i could definitely see Till getting off good strikes and capitalizing for the finish. If he has a great gameplan or sees specific holes, he could also win a decision in a potential firework show for the fans.

But like i said, i would say cerrone wins 7 or 8 out of 10 times, right now.

If Till does steamroll him though, i would say that indicates that he has potential to be one of the next big things at 170. Whether or not he actually is, we will see.

Till would absolutely murk a scrub like Mike Perry though. That's a fact. If he beats the Donald, i'd love to see that matchup. Fireworks fo sho.[/QUOTE]

That's what I think.. Not saying at all Till isn't a good fighter. Do believe this is just a too much too soon type deal. Even if Till should win I don't believe it helps him in the long run. Would rather of had him face a good quality up and comer to help him develop. Perhaps even a very good wrestler to see how that part of his game goes.. Wish the UFC would help develop some of these very promising prospects properly to help them build a long career.

Find many fighters that move up to fast before they're ready fade away the same way. That would be a shame

It should be a good and entertaining fight.

To an extent but usually they'd step up to top fifteen or so first. Cerrone just faced Lawler in a close fight. Certainly wasn't a one sided affair.

Skipping from totally unranked to top five ( or so)
When was the last time you remember that?

Cannonier vs Texeira?

Till can win, its an MMA fight. Cerrone has a bad liver and a suspect chin but unless he has deteriorated from too much mileage or something, he is going to likely submit Till. Till is still only 24 years old. If he beats Cerrone that's a big win for a 24 year old so I'm going to guess he doesn't.

Well we won't know until they scrap. May the best man win

Cerrone was better than Till back when he was still in the WEC. I'm ever amazed at how quickly the morons on this forum rush to discredit his career and short change him after a loss.

I don't see anyone discrediting his career or his skills or abilities as a fighter. Accumulated damage is a real part of a fight career, and while most people acknowledge Cowboy's skill set the hardcore fans are also aware of his limitations and weaknesses.

Dude please just shut the fuck up

Cerrone is not some mythical figure at Welterweight

Till first round TKO

Odd you have a Lawler reference, who didn't KO Cowboy but has a LOT of KO power, yet you think Till will KO Cerrone in the first round.

So why am I supposed to STFU! For pointing out facts?

Not saying Till isn't a good fighter ,at all. Quite the opposite, think he's quite good. Think this is too much of a step up in competition. Doesn't make a dif it it's Cowboy or any other top 8 WW. The UFC should let Till get more experience with some 15 ranked or so fighters to help his overall skillset. If he wins ,then who does he face, Maia, Lawler, GSP, Masvidal? That's where hed be and there's NO way he is ready for that Yet.

Back