Anyone playing GWENT (Witcher Digital Card Game)?

Fork

Sumo
@Gold
Reaction score
logo-en.29.png

GWENT just went into Open Beta, so anyone interested can go to https://www.playgwent.com/ to give the game a try. available on PC, Xbox, and PS4, and i believe players on all platforms play against each other.

it's a fun game, and very different from other card games.

I'd get into it but I'm not very far in Witcher III and haven't played Gwent much.

I quite liked playing Gwent and i'm not surprised it's got a spin off. Might give the standalone a try and see what happens.

Hopefully, it'll gather a really big following. Then we'll have things like professional Gwent players and twitch streamed tournaments and shit lol

I played a decent bit of the Closed beta and got a nice NR Henselt Gold deck going. I stopped a couple of months ago since I knew most of my progress would be wiped with the open beta started.

I'am thinking I might dive into it today if I get the chance after work.

I quite liked playing Gwent and i'm not surprised it's got a spin off. Might give the standalone a try and see what happens.

Hopefully, it'll gather a really big following. Then we'll have things like professional Gwent players and twitch streamed tournaments and shit lol
they had a great tournament before the end of closed beta, which is really what got me into the game.

they invited a bunch of hearthstone players and streamers to play against gwent players in a 16-man tournament, and it was really fantastic. this is the only official tournament they've had but i'd expect to see more of this stuff for sure.

If this plays exactly like the in game Gwent then it's fucked because there is no real balance and too few cards. Fun game but it will be min maxed into four decks and four counter decks.

I played a few games in closed beta, when it first started. Haven't played since, probably better now then then. Was different than the in game version.

If this plays exactly like the in game Gwent then it's fucked because there is no real balance and too few cards. Fun game but it will be min maxed into four decks and four counter decks.
i haven't played the witcher, but from what i understand it's significantly different from the witcher version.

It's a lot different mate.

Cards damage other cards and all that, seems pretty balanced but I haven't played much.

I played some a while ago. I liked what I saw, but didnt play nearly enough to form a proper opinion. I wish they'd release it for mobile devices too. That's the best thing about hearthstone imo

It's the worst aspect of the game for me, I wish it never existed at all. However given the type of game The Witcher 3 is, I understand it would be good to have a mini game of this sort. But still, fuck Gwent, I just use cheats to skip every game...

Played one game of Gwent in The Witcher 3 and didn't like it but a friend got me into this game and it's really quite fun.

i'm still getting used to the game, but i'm playing more and more these days, and definitely enjoying it more than hearthstone. i've been playing hearthstone for ages so i'm sure it's partly just having fun with something new, but i think the game is really well designed.

still some things that could be changed to improve it, but it's a great game and the lack of overwhelming RNG is a nice change.

hey fuck you guys they never emailed me back

Gwent is fascinating if the decks are different, but I can see that difference absolutely nerfing players without spy cards or decoys. plus hero card immunity turns the whole deck building into an arms race. the subtraction factor gives lesser players a way to eventually deal with advanced cards, so I understand that addition

For witcher story gwent i crave deck variety, but for some reason I want to see versions for pvp using matching card values. like Stratego, make the game emphasize placement not the world's most steroidal pokemon collection

...it's blasphemous thoughts like these that got me off the list, isn't it

I did a couple of round with some friends and it's very confusing but that's just how card games are. I don't like the general card design and the board, the mechanics are pretty cool though. I enjoy the 3 rounds total concept, it's very nice.

I reached level 10 yesterday, I have a 70% Win Rate or so using the Nilfgaard deck but the Skellige Queensguard resurrect seems to be the strongest atm IMO.

Great card game though and not rage incuding because of RNG BS. Which is good for people like me.

Still waiting for the full release before I dive in but I'm extremely excited for it. I loved Gwent in TW3 and the campaign stories in the full release should be excellent. I'm so happy this game is taking off for CDPR.

Never bothered with it in the Witcher, but I'm interested in the story campaign. Will definitely check it out.

I reached level 10 yesterday, I have a 70% Win Rate or so using the Nilfgaard deck but the Skellige Queensguard resurrect seems to be the strongest atm IMO.

Great card game though and not rage incuding because of RNG BS. Which is good for people like me.
yeah, i've been having a lot of success with a queensguard deck. it's clear how powerful the deck is when i can win even against nilfgaard decks with vicovaro medics stealing my queensguards from my graveyard and buffing up huge resilient units.

i was also playing a lot of reveal nilfgaard at the end of closed beta and at the very start of public beta which was doing well, and i've been trying to make a reaver hunters deck work.

still working my way up to level 10.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back