Anyone playing Ark Survival Evolved?

MUSTKILL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Probably the best looking game out.
Currently horribly unoptimized and in early access.
Combines Minecraft/Rust/Turok/DayZ elements.

Anyone currently playing?

Just bought this game today. This games is leaps and bounds ahead of Rust, DayZ and any other early access survival.

I have a server up and running (personal home server) with 5x more gather, xp and faster taming.

If anyone has this or would like to give it a try, let me know.

Fastest uninstall / refund on Steam ever. Absolutely unplayable.

Looks interesting

Who wouldn't want to ride a dinosaur?

Fastest uninstall / refund on Steam ever. Absolutely unplayable.

Interested in what you thought was unaya le about it?

Has demanding specs, but it is a pretty game. Its very tough, as is survival, but has a ton of content.

Not buying it before at the very least six months, it seems barely playable as it is now and I'd like to be actually able to enjoy that game...

Come on, TS...you have been here since 2004 and don't know how to use the search function before starting a thread?

Yeah, it's go to google, type your search and add sherdog on the end of it, because God knows you won't find shit using the Sherdog search

Probably the best looking game out.
Currently horribly unoptimized and in early access.
Combines Minecraft/Rust/Turok/DayZ elements.

Anyone currently playing?

no its not....a little far fetched even for you. for being a UE4 game it actually looks kinda crappy

i'm not touching this game, not until they clean it up a bit and i hear about the sci fi part of it

Been playing this a lot recently.
Devs put a lot of time into optimizing the game and adding new shit.
It's so godam addicting once you start.

Come on, TS...you have been here since 2004 and don't know how to use the search function before starting a thread?

Been playing this a lot recently.
Devs put a lot of time into optimizing the game and adding new shit.
It's so godam addicting once you start.

I need to get a consensus of what servers people play on, and build mine to match so we can have a Sherdog server :)

It could be better optimized, that's about my only complaint. The game is amazing fun and I have yet to encounter any proper bugs, the developers have been hammering out patches - usually multiple per day.

The game is awesome and I have had such a laugh playing it and breaking into peoples shit Thatch bases and murdering them while they sleep. Yeah, your character goes unconscious when you're offline so you better make sure your base is Wood or better - cos I want your meat.

Please explain. You are in the minority for sure.

Terrible performance. Got it on sale for like 20$ and refunded it instantly. Maybe spent ten minutes in the game tinkering around before abandoning it. I'll give it another try when it's further along in development.

Learned my lesson after Rust and Day Z. Game looks cool but buggy as shit.

I hear people say this all the time but i've got like 400 hours on dayz and 200 hours on rust, I'd say i got my moneys worth.

Terrible performance. Got it on sale for like 20$ and refunded it instantly. Maybe spent ten minutes in the game tinkering around before abandoning it. I'll give it another try when it's further along in development.

You sound poor. I had no issues running this game.

You sound poor. I had no issues running this game.

Far from it! Just refuse to waste money on rubbish. SLI GTX 980 ti's couldn't run it at 4k 60hz let alone 1080p 120hz. It's not optimized for high end machines with dual GPU's let alone low / mid tier machines with single GPU's.

Horribly optimized product that needs serious work. Looks neat and that's why I bought it but was completely turned off by the performance.

no its not....a little far fetched even for you. for being a UE4 game it actually looks kinda crappy

i'm not touching this game, not until they clean it up a bit and i hear about the sci fi part of it

This 100%. It's not even that good looking and the performance is awful.

I've read hacking was a pretty big problem.

This 100%. It's not even that good looking and the performance is awful.

I have a 970 and have no issues or studders with everything on high/ultra.

Game is good looking, but I have seen better.

Will work on optimizing my server all week/weekend and will open it up to Sherdoggers Sunday/Monday.

Any requests on configs? Already have 5x taming, exp, gather rates, names on maps turned on, gamma, and no PvE building decay.

The problem I have with this game is you have to put everything on ultra settings to make it look good. And then it runs like crap. The optimization is pretty terrible. I also have problems sinking time into a grinding game that isn't even done yet. So for now it is in the "maybe someday" pile of games. The new Unreal really showcases what the engine can do though.

What up you guys I just picked this game up was looking to join anyones server if they have a cool one.

Picked up this game on the steam sale. Buddy made a server and i ended up staying up till 4am last night playing. The game is quite addicitve once you start. the early game reminds me of don't starve, just not cartoony. I can definitely see myself spending a lot of time in this game. It is still not optimized though. I'm not running top end, but its a solid build I74770k, with R9 380, and i can't run it on high settings. Hopefully sometime down the road they will fix this, but the game still has a hold of me.

I jump on a server with friends and fuck around in it once in a while. Still feels like an early access game, but I guess that's to be expected.

I was originally going to build a PC just for this game since my current one was unable to run it. But, once I heard it was coming to the Xbox One, I patiently waited and can finally play the game. And the wait was worth it, imo.

Ive always wanted to play a survival game with a large community but none of them captured my attention. I'm a huge fan of Jurassic Park and anything dino-related, so this game was a no-brainer for me. My friend and I even purchased an additional Xbox One for the sole purpose of using it as a dedicated server.

Currently I'm a level 41 and play with 5 friends on a private server. We mostly build structures and tame dinos, but haven't really ventured out into the wild yet. The one time we did, however, we got absolutely crushed inside a cave by spiders and snakes. The lesson was learned and we are now stockpiling rifles and ammunition for a second trip into the darkness.