Anyone play Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, its like their answer to Injustice

MadSquabbles500

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone play Marvel vs Capcom infinite?

Lot of interesting characters. It is like their answer to Injustice series.

Marvel Vs Capcom has been around a whole hell of a lot longer than Injustice. Earliest incarnation was 1996.

Also, I was talked out of MvC:I due to word of mouth and shit reviews. After watching a few gameplay videos I decided passing on it was a good thing.

Shame as I played the shit out of the second one and enjoyed the last one.

Marvel Vs Capcom has been around a whole hell of a lot longer than Injustice. Earliest incarnation was 1996.

Also, I was talked out of MvC:I due to word of mouth and shit reviews. After watching a few gameplay videos I decided passing on it was a good thing.

Shame as I played the shit out of the second one and enjoyed the last one.

This. Hell, the concept actually started in 1994 with X-Men: Children of the Atom though there was a shitty Justice League fighting game that was released around the same time, but had a few moves similar to what's in Injustice.

more suitable comparison would be DC vs Mortal Kombat

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite was fun and all that, but I thought Injustice 2 was a better game.

I wish they would've stacked the roster, it's not a bad game but not great. I liked injustice 2 and tekken more.

I wasn't aware MvC had to answer to Injustice.

I personally like the MK engine better, so Injustice is my jam, but MvC has been rolling for quite some time.

Yea MVCI is just like injustice if it was completely dead and shit

I never understood how these games became a thing.
Why Marvel vs Capcom? Who wanted to see this matchup?
Seems like you could make a much better, coherent story if set it solely in the Marvel universe...if you want, add a couple bonus Capcom characters gor fun like Mortal Kombat did.

And with how popular super hero movies have been for years now, why are these the only games available?

lol at their answer to injustice.

Seems like you could make a much better, coherent story if set it solely in the Marvel universe...if you want, add a couple bonus Capcom characters gor fun like Mortal Kombat did.

And with how popular super hero movies have been for years now, why are these the only games available?

I thought the same thing when the first one came out I didn't understand it. Don't get me wrong the game was fucking great and me and my cousins would play for fucking hours. I just didn't understand who asked for this.

Well it started out with "Children of the Atom" which was an X-Men fighting game made by capcom, it only made sense to throw their big franchise game Street Fighter in the mix for X-Men vs Street Fighter, then Marvel vs Street Fighter, then Marvel vs Capcom. Seemed like a natural progression.

The problem with MVCI is it looks absolutely ugly. They did a terrible job with the look of the game. I hear the gameplay is good if you are into these games tho. Personally I've never been a big fan of the franchise as it is too chaotic with too much shit on the screen.

Well it started out with "Children of the Atom" which was an X-Men fighting game made by capcom, it only made sense to throw their big franchise game Street Fighter in the mix for X-Men vs Street Fighter, then Marvel vs Street Fighter, then Marvel vs Capcom. Seemed like a natural progression.

The problem with MVCI is it looks absolutely ugly. They did a terrible job with the look of the game. I hear the gameplay is good if you are into these games tho. Personally I've never been a big fan of the franchise as it is too chaotic with too much shit on the screen.

I had completely forgotten about Children of the Atom, makes a bit more sense now.
The Capcom part is still a bit strange to me because i often don't know 60% of the Capcom characters, or, vaguely so. (Viewtiful joe? Arthur? Morrigan?...vs Wolverine or Hulk?)

But yea, agree. I played the game a lot, but wasn't a big fan. Never really liked the graphics, and there was just too much shit going on on the screen.
I much prefer Injustice

The series started in 1996 when story was irrelevant. It was about getting the coolest characters from both franchises together and having them fight.

Back