Anyone own a Roomba? (Hate cleaning brahs, GTFIH)

FacePunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to hear your experiences with ownership. I've got a badass Shark vacuum but I'd rather pay a robot to do the work. If you know of any sex-robot maids that can perform in both roles I'd be open to that too.

Which model of Roomba gives the best blow jobs and/or does the best on hardwood floors with some rugs?

Is there a Fleshlight that mops your house?

I had one I got used. All I remember is that it was a bitch to clean. Didn't do that good a job. 500 series I think.

I had one I got used. All I remember is that it was a bitch to clean. Didn't do that good a job. 500 series I think.

Seems a risky thing to buy used. Did the previous owner give you a reason they were getting rid of it?

Seems a risky thing to buy used. Did the previous owner give you a reason they were getting rid of it?
prolly filled it full of loads. Prolly that's why it wasn't easy to clean.

Resesrch battery life

prolly filled it full of loads. Prolly that's why it wasn't easy to clean.

Unless the owner's manual specifically warns against that I'm not going to blame the guy.

It was nearly new and I bought it off eBay, so I had buyer's protection.

It's a life saver if you have a pet.

I used to sweep our hardwood floor three times and day and it still would be full of shedding fur from our yellow lab. Now all I have to do is empty out the Roomba's dust bin every morning before heading out, and it will sweep the house clean before I'm home.

I used to sweep our hardwood floor three times and day and it still would be full of shedding fur from our yellow lab. Now all I have to do is empty out the Roomba's dust bin every morning before heading out, and it will sweep the house clean before I'm home.
What a great guy.

My friend has one. They (him and his family) love it.

My Dyson just died on me so I was looking into whether to get it repaired or swap it for a Roomba.

Nice. Does yours go back to its base to charge itself? Do you know which model it is?

Yeah I do, use it downstairs to pickup dog hair on large wood/stone floors, isn't good enough to replace a proper vacuum on carpets though.

My Dyson just died on me so I was looking into whether to get it repaired or swap it for a Roomba.
I doubt you can even find someone to repair some POS Dyson.

It's not half bad if you have shedding dogs--certainly better than nothing. The one thing is that some dogs are terrified of it (which is kind of hilarious).

Nice. Does yours go back to its base to charge itself? Do you know which model it is?

My 665 Pet Series is several years old, but it's still a Bestseller:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008...roomba+650&dpPl=1&dpID=519S5LhxhkL&ref=plSrch

A few notes in general:

- Roombas always return to their charge station, unless they traps themself in your bedrooms and runs until they dies (the simple solution is to keep your doors wide open so the Roomba can't get behind the door and accidentally push the door close while cleaning).

- Use a piece of double-sided tape to stick the charge station down in place on your hardwood floor, so they wouldn't slide around and make it harder for the roomba to return.

- Dump out the dustbin once a day, clean out the rollers and wash the filter once a week. This is non-negotiable if you have a dog.

- Your roomba may seems a bit stupid the first few runs, that's because the onboard computer must first learn your house's room layouts mannually like a blind man: traverse all over and constantly bumping into things. By the third day when it got your rooms and hallways blueprints down to a tee, you gonna be asking yourself why didn't you buy it sooner.

- Don't leave random things on your floor that might be sweeped up and interrupt Roomba's daily scheduled cleaning, like socks and phone charging cables, etc.

- Roombas are low-profile enough to clean under your beds, though most sofas don't have enough clearance unless you raise them just a bit higher (a few blocks of wood placed under the legs would do).

- Yes, your dog gonna think your roomba is some kind of freakish circular robotic dog and runs away from it during scheduled operation, that means your entire hardwood floor will be cleaned with no spots left behind.

Last edited:
We also have one, the Roomba 960. It's cleans good though, we have a chow. We used to own the 650 and the maintenance of it was just too much of a hassle because of its brushes.

Last edited:
I have a wife. It cleans better but more expensive in the long run. Everything has it's pros and cons. Depends on what you need in life I guess. It's also a bit better than a fleshlight, only a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back