Anyone like the band Ghost?

I haven't heard faith yet and I think I actually like Dance Macabre the best. Just a fun catchy poppy song.
It's super popular among most fans so far. I'm a little bit more of a fan of the heavy stuff though.

Shit you weren't kidding. What a show!! Instantly top 3 (nothing will beat Pink Floyd). Took a lot of photo's but I think this one might be my favorite.
GLhCEr.jpg

That is an excellent pic.

I like them quite a bit. Finally caught them live with Iron Maiden last year, and loved every second of it.

I'm on the fence. I like a few songs. I think their stage shown is actually pretty entertaining. My brother in law on the other hand lives for this band right now. He wants to go to a concert 2.5 hours away and after weeks of pestering and him promising to pay for everything I agreed to go and drive him.

Turns out he bought us vip access tickets and spent about $750 on 2 tickets. We get to meet the band, autographed pictures and lots of other swagg. We get a dedicated tour guide/attendant all night and private security. I might be missing a few other things.

Anyways back to the question but does anyone here like them? Should I be in for a crazy time? I'll have fun I'm sure but it's weird but I'm not excited at all.

$ 750!! ?? So did you guys blow them ??

[<diva2] .

$ 750!! ?? So did you guys blow them ??

[<diva2] .
For that money they should have blown us or at least my brother in law. He paid. LOL I'd never spend that much on concert tickets. That said it was an amazing experience.

I checked them out a few years ago, heard about them through James Hetfield.

A couple of songs off their first album were decent.

Havnt bothered with them in a long time.

I saw them years ago at a festival, I was stoned as fuck and it weirded me out. They’re dressed like hardcore weirdos but their music is fairly accessible really.

Don't know why they're so popular and don't care for them at all.

Is it this band

Are they to be classified as heavy metal, or glam metal?

Is it this band

Are they to be classified as heavy metal, or glam metal?

Yeah that's them. It's hard to classify them as they perform a lot of styles. I think it's pretty much occult rock/pop rock with some heavy stuff mixed in.
Here's a few other styles

This is one of my favs

Don't know why they're so popular and don't care for them at all.

They make good, catchy music, and they've got a pretty fun gimmick going. I don't see why one wouldn't get it that they're relatively popular. I mean, I don't like, say, Beyonce - but I can see why she's popular.

Just got tickets to go see them down in St. Louis this weekend. No opener, just Ghost.

Just got tickets to go see them down in St. Louis this weekend. No opener, just Ghost.
It's a phenomenal tour. They do 1 hour, take a break then do another hour. Pretty much 2 full set lists. If you want a sneak peak do a youtube search "Ghost (live set)". It's the entire Syracuse show minus the encore. It's very good quality too. This was the show I was at. So glad someone recorded it. It's pretty cool to be able to go back and relive the show.

It's a phenomenal tour. They do 1 hour, take a break then do another hour. Pretty much 2 full set lists. If you want a sneak peak do a youtube search "Ghost (live set)". It's the entire Syracuse show minus the encore. It's very good quality too. This was the show I was at. So glad someone recorded it. It's pretty cool to be able to go back and relive the show.

I will definitely check it out. I'm pretty excited, not sure how I'll get through a grueling half day of work tomorrow.

They make good, catchy music, and they've got a pretty fun gimmick going. I don't see why one wouldn't get it that they're relatively popular. I mean, I don't like, say, Beyonce - but I can see why she's popular.

I dont' get it because there are far better bands out there than Ghost so there popularity baffles me and it seemed to happen pretty fast.

I dont' get it because there are far better bands out there than Ghost so there popularity baffles me and it seemed to happen pretty fast.

Saying there are far better bands is subjective. I wonder if you don't like them simply because of their gimmick? The recent concert I saw was absolutely flawless! A fucking masterpiece to be honest. I'm 41 and I've seen a lot of shows. I also was only introduced to Ghost about 4 months ago so I'm a new fan. I'd put their concert at #2 because of how well they played and how good of a stage presence/show they have. #1 for me is Pink Floyd if that helps explain just how good their show was.

Anyone listen to the new album yet? I ended up being busier than I had planned before work, so I'm waiting until I get out so I can listen to it all the way through.

Back