Anyone Like and Own Acoustic Guitars?

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I dabble in guitar and really love acoustics. I have quite a few now. Here are a few:

Taylor 914ce:

30556996022_75b7be8303_c.jpg

Taylor Koa Fall Limited:

30637203556_6f17d86a3e_c.jpg

Guild Rosewood Orpheum:

29634508112_2a319d4fbd_c.jpg

Stehr Custom (needs more than 1 pic):

21952538888_1ff20f85f7_c.jpg

21926157460_ce35e69665_c.jpg

22088108366_73443f019b_c.jpg

I have more, but that's good for now. ;)

I play acoustics exclusively, mainly fingerstyle. I have a Seagull S6 and an Aria MSG-05 and another 10 at my parents house. Eyeing a Lowden for my next purchase.

images

I play acoustics exclusively, mainly fingerstyle. I have a Seagull S6 and an Aria MSG-05 and another 10 at my parents house. Eyeing a Lowden for my next purchase.

images

I mostly strum, but I also do a little fingerpiciking. It's just for fun, but I do love the way acoustics look and sound, so I kind of collect them too.

I had an S6 with a cedar top. Great guitar, but I sold it a few years ago.

Lowden's are awesome too. I have a Goodall that is my absolute favorite. I'll post pics of that later.

I have a Seagull S6 and the cheapest full size Martin they make. I haven't taken the best care of them and they both need a good set up.

I mostly strum, but I also do a little fingerpiciking. It's just for fun, but I do love the way acoustics look and sound, so I kind of collect them too.

I had an S6 with a cedar top. Great guitar, but I sold it a few years ago.

Lowden's are awesome too. I have a Goodall that is my absolute favorite. I'll post pics of that later.
I've heard nothing but the highest praise for Goodall, though I've never had the opportunity to play one living in NZ. That Stehr you have is stunning as well. What are the woods? Looks like zirocote and euro spruce, maybe adirondack. Goddammit it's beautiful.
<2>

I learned on acoustic and have pretty much stuck with them. I've tried playing electric but I can't get used to it. At the moment I've got an Epiphone cj200ce. It's a great, low budget guitar. Really good for sitting around at home with your buddies

I've heard nothing but the highest praise for Goodall, though I've never had the opportunity to play one living in NZ. That Stehr you have is stunning as well. What are the woods? Looks like zirocote and euro spruce, maybe adirondack. Goddammit it's beautiful.
<2>

Yes, you're close and thanks. It's Ziricote and Carpathian spruce. It's really nice.

But, the Goodall is still the winner. It's a whole other level.

images
After the Gibson J45 the Seagull is my favourite!I know there are many more expensive guitars and even better quality but you cant beat that overall quality & sound of the Seagull imo.

After the Gibson J45 the Seagull is my favourite!I know there are many more expensive guitars and even better quality but you cant beat that overall quality & sound of the Seagull imo.
Seagulls are excellent guitars. The day I bought mine, I played every single guitar in the shop including their higher end Taylors, Matons, Breedloves, etc. but it was one S6 that sounded sweetest to my ears. Every time I pick it up I'm blown away how rich and responsive it can be. For a guitar I bought for $300 it's amazing.

back in 03' i bought this admira sevilla spanish guitar:

1907.jpg

it's not the best or most expensive guitar, but for the price, it has a really nice, full sound. and it has a really nice smell, because it has a solid cedar top. i am a horrible guitar player, but it's nice to mess around with it from time to time.

Seagulls are excellent guitars. The day I bought mine, I played every single guitar in the shop including their higher end Taylors, Matons, Breedloves, etc. but it was one S6 that sounded sweetest to my ears. Every time I pick it up I'm blown away how rich and responsive it can be. For a guitar I bought for $300 it's amazing.
I'm not quite sure the model but a band i used to work for had a Seagull 12 string and m8 he could make that thing sound better than any Martin or other big money acoustic i've ever heard.A non player could hit the strings and even then it sounded brilliant.Resonance,tone,feel,price i'll have the Seagull all day over most any guitar.Is that a picture of your guitar there m8?It's a beauty!

I'm not quite sure the model but a band i used to work for had a Seagull 12 string and m8 he could make that thing sound better than any Martin or other big money acoustic i've ever heard.A non player could hit the strings and even then it sounded brilliant.Resonance,tone,feel,price i'll have the Seagull all day over most any guitar.Is that a picture of your guitar there m8?It's a beauty!
Supposedly since Godin(seagulls parent company) manufactures their guitars out in bumfuck Quebec French Canada, they have access to good quality tonewood for cheap and that's how they're able to keep costs down but keep decent build quality. No I haven't posted a pic of mine here.

These are my current two in rotation
4PXzMNYr.jpg

Supposedly since Godin(seagulls parent company) manufactures their guitars out in bumfuck Quebec French Canada, they have access to good quality tonewood for cheap and that's how they're able to keep costs down but keep decent build quality. No I haven't posted a pic of mine here.

These are my current two in rotation
4PXzMNYr.jpg
Aye right that makes sense.Good timber at an incredible price.I think thats all canada has anyway..trees and snow so low cost.Those are two beauties pal..sweet.What's the model on the left?It looks just like the 12 string i was on about.I see thats a six but still just alike.

Aye right that makes sense.Good timber at an incredible price.I think thats all canada has anyway..trees and snow so low cost.Those are two beauties pal..sweet.What's the model on the left?It looks just like the 12 string i was on about.I see thats a six but still just alike.
The 'gull on the left is the standard S6 Original

Back