Anyone knows about ACN ?? Scam ? or legit ?

YellowBanenoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<{ByeHomer}>

A chick I know has been spamming weird videos of her going around meeting sketchy "business" personals.
Yesterday, she posted videos on her Instagram about this guy from ACN giving a presentation at a huge arena. Upon watching couple of them, I noticed that the presenter's speech was overly optimistic. The guy was throwing out slogan like " now or never" "20% profit guaranteed "kinds of stuff that are too good to be true.

So, what the hell is this ?? Should I try to get her out of it?

Wow, this brings back memories. Not sure if this is the same ACN, but story incoming.

---

So, I got a job at a call centre in 2011 (which was advertised as a "customer service" position, but then I found out it was sales). After a grueling training / testing process, I ended up getting the job, but it was the drizzling shits (you know that BalanceProtector garbage that an agent tries to sell you when you call in to activate your credit card? Well, I was that asshole, and your card activation is one-click away, but we purposely had to keep you waiting to build a relationship with you in thirty seconds, and then begin reading a script to sell you this shit, which we then had to keep selling you on until three hard rejections).

After a couple of weeks, I (like the other twenty people who got hired alongside me) ended up hating the job, and the guy who was our trainer / manager began talking up about how we should all (presumably quit and) start our own venture in this space. Being entrepreneurial / revolutionary, this was relevant to my interests. So it was all *hush* *hush*, and he secretly went around and got everyone's numbers for a private meeting at a coffee shop on a weekend about this mass exodus.

First meeting was cancelled (even though I went, and found out when I was almost there—turned out everybody cancelled except me), and when I went to the re-booked meeting, it was literally me and one other co-worker, and then the manager guy, another co-worker who was apparently already in on it, and then somebody else who I'd never seen before. They then began pitching to us (remember, we *also* work in sales).

They pull out this video phone, and start selling this ridiculous fucking idea that video phones are going to take off and become a household item imminently (mind you, Skype is already prevalent, and has been for a few years). Then they explained the business model, which was multilevel marketing (so you get a percentage of all the sales from people who you've recruited under you). "So this is a pyramid scheme?" I tried to clarify, but to intense denials.

Then, the guy who I'd never seen before begins this prepared speech, and it went something like this, "I too was skeptical at first, but do you want to know what really sold me on this? DONALD TRUMP is an investor in this company, and he's one of the most successful businesspeople in the world!"

Jarred, I explained to him that Trump is a licensor who lends his name to any shitty business willing to pay him (Affliction MMA had already happened by this point). Then he began vociferously arguing about how that's not the case, and Trump wouldn't be involved in anything that isn't going to be successful.

Long story short, I got the fuck out of there, had to deal with these assholes a couple of times more at work, and then sent this e-mail:

acn.png

I quit the job the following week, and was extremely happy I did.

*Also, this reminds me, I'm still pissed all these years later that I was working a 4:30 PM - 1:00 AM nightmare shift on a Friday night for near-minimum wage when I should've been watching Lesnar-Overeem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Googled it. Sounds scammy. Any ‘home based business’ usually is.

Back