Anyone know or recommend headphone with giant ear cups?

Bob Gray

Deadlights Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im shopping for a new headset. long story short, the bigger ear cups, the better. Not the kind that kind of rest on your ear, but a cavernous maw that your ear gets lost in. Anyone know of any? ive looked around and it seems like some of them are about million dollars. Maybe not that much but they might as well be for the amount Im actually willing to spend on headphones. 50-150 would be nice. 200 is pushing it.

If you like Bass these Scull Candy's are the shit. They take a battery and have a little sub-woofer that rattles your ears. They aren't Blue tooth, but they work good if you want to use them to plug into an XBOX One controller for gaming and movies. I paid $100 for mine at Best Buy, but Target has them for 70 right now. I have never heard a pair of headphones hit bass this hard.

http://www.target.com/p/skullcandy-...gclid=CNzakrjLqtICFQ6oaQodSq0JDw&gclsrc=aw.ds

upload_2017-2-25_1-13-41.png

Best Buy also has the Wireless version for $130

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skullca...ffcode=pg123924&ksdevice=c&lsft=ref:212,loc:2

CzRuldt.png

Last edited:
Mic, yes. Wireless or wired. Doesnt matter.

The cord with those skull Candies has a mic on it. I've been on the receiving end with somebody using one of those cords playing NHL 17 and I could hear them perfect, so they work pretty good.

I have the Corsair Vengeance 1500 headset but I think the Void is their flagship model now. Regardless I mention it because they use microfiber cloth on the ear cups. super comfortable for long sessions.

I'm a big fan of my Sennheiser Game Ones. Open backed, so if you care about sound leaking, get the Zeros. They sound good, the mic is great, and surround sound in VR is fantastic in'em.
818acEiJK3L._SL1500_.jpg

Very comfy too, I have worn them for 10 hours+ without issue in the past.

Got those giant ears, eh Dumbo?

Actually they're kinda small. But I have these new hearing aids that are super dope, but my headphones cause feedback. So I'm looking for ear pads that are as far away from my ear as possible.

Actually they're kinda small. But I have these new hearing aids that are super dope, but my headphones cause feedback. So I'm looking for ear pads that are as far away from my ear as possible.
I'm looking into hearing aids as well, hopefully something will allow me to hear music while subduing the tinnitus

I'm looking into hearing aids as well, hopefully something will allow me to hear music while subduing the tinnitus

That sucks man that tinnitus is no joke. I used to work with a guy that suffered from that. I feel fortunate to still have my hearing intact as I've been playing in rock bands since high school and have been doing carpentry work on and off since 1999. I just started wearing ear plugs a couple of years ago when running power tools too.

That sucks man that tinnitus is no joke. I used to work with a guy that suffered from that. I feel fortunate to still have my hearing intact as I've been playing in rock bands since high school and have been doing carpentry work on and off since 1999. I just started wearing ear plugs a couple of years ago when running power tools too.
It's beyond suck, into "considered throwing myself off a roof to make it stop" territory.
I wouldn't wish this on an enemy.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of my Sennheiser Game Ones. Open backed, so if you care about sound leaking, get the Zeros. They sound good, the mic is great, and surround sound in VR is fantastic in'em.
818acEiJK3L._SL1500_.jpg

Very comfy too, I have worn them for 10 hours+ without issue in the past.
This. The Sennheiser HD line is hands down the most comfortable headgear you will ever wear.

Awesome suggestions. Thanks, guys. Only crappy thing is I have no idea how to test them first. Sort of a roll of the dice.

This. The Sennheiser HD line is hands down the most comfortable headgear you will ever wear.

Another recommendation for Sennheiser. I have an older HD model (550 or 580 or something) and they're are pillow soft. I'm sticking with Sennheiser from here on out.

Awesome suggestions. Thanks, guys. Only crappy thing is I have no idea how to test them first. Sort of a roll of the dice.
Check reviews on headfi. Not a test, but probably as good as it gets.

Back