Anyone here use Kodi and what do you use it on?

I have the Pi 3 with a load of game emulators on it - can I have both that and Kodi on it?

Kodi I think has a way to add games\emulators to it. I've seen it setup before.

I haven't tried it in a couple of years but it was a bitch to setup in kodi.

Oh is it? I've never done it myself either. I thought about doing it just because but never followed through.

I've got it installed on two Sony Android TVs, a windows laptop, a Linux laptop, an amazon fire stick, an old android phone. It's a great media player and supports all the high end codecs, 4k, will pass through to a receiver.

I mostly use the laptop install because it's connected to my receiver via HDMI and passes through dts-hd and trueHD - unlike my TVs ARC which only pass the base DTS/DD signal, which is annoying.

As for Exodus/Genesis/specto/elysium - they're okay, useful for a quick viewing, or if you're not fussed about audio. But I prefer to download and watch with the best audio quality I can get.

Oh is it? I've never done it myself either. I thought about doing it just because but never followed through.

Yeah the rom browser stuff is maddening. You need to have an emulator installed somewhere else with all the cores downloaded and configured properly, then Kodi can act as a front end for your rom collection. I think there's another add in that can pull Rom's from an internet archive as well, but I've never got any of it working properly.

Sounds like it's not as great as it sounds for everyone. Netflix and Amazon has been good enough so far since I don't watch much TV to begin with. I think I'll focus on how to get the basic channels working in my home. I have one of those flat indoor TV antenna's, but I only get 1 channel with it hooked up to my TV downstairs even though my area supposedly should get good coverage for all the basic channels. I wonder if a simple bunny ear indoor antenna would work better?

I was using it on my Amazon fire tab but it was acting up like a little bitch recently and I couldnt seem to get any streams going so have reverted back to torrenting again for the time being.

I do. I have a Sony tv so I was able to download it straight to the tv's OS. It's great. I watch all the PPV fights now as well as movies I would have had to wait to see. I'm still not sure what Comcast is going to say about it. If they send me a letter, I will just buy a VPN service.

I use a Roku Premiere+ with Sling TV, Netflix, and Hulu.
Stopped using Kodi and all that other shit because of the shitty bitrate, buffering, and eventually became a pain in the ass with all the bugs.

Sounds like it's not as great as it sounds for everyone. Netflix and Amazon has been good enough so far since I don't watch much TV to begin with. I think I'll focus on how to get the basic channels working in my home. I have one of those flat indoor TV antenna's, but I only get 1 channel with it hooked up to my TV downstairs even though my area supposedly should get good coverage for all the basic channels. I wonder if a simple bunny ear indoor antenna would work better?

I use bunny ears for all the OTA channels and it works fine and in HD to you don't need a special "HD antenna". Kodi to me is great for streaming stuff you've downloaded yourself and organizing all your files and stuff. I don't use it for more then anything other than that.

I do. I have a Sony tv so I was able to download it straight to the tv's OS. It's great. I watch all the PPV fights now as well as movies I would have had to wait to see. I'm still not sure what Comcast is going to say about it. If they send me a letter, I will just buy a VPN service.

Your TV will run the OpenVPN client natively, if you want to connect directly without using your router's (assuming it has one).

lmao

get a VPN or VPN router. your talking abou the bastards of the cable world

I have Kodi, but have been using fmovies lately to watch movies and TV shows. What's cool is most of it already has subtitles, which I like using.

Was hoping a thread like this would pop up since two weeks ago Exodus and Phoenix were hit. Nothing streamable and saw all the articles talking about how they got shut down.

I watched Exodus a few nights ago (watched Power Rangers with my kids to be exact). Are you sure they are gone @thefirstemporer
They were at the time. Couldn't connect to any servers. Exodus may have migrated but I think Phoenix is gone for good.

Back