Anyone here use Kodi and what do you use it on?

I use Kodi on my laptop and hook it up to the TV. Does your laptop have an HDMI output?
Yeah, I can do that. I think I'm just spoiled by the ease of having something already connected instead of having to set my laptop up every time.

But what if I wanna watch on TV?
Use an hdmi cable and set your device next to your tv.
You can use your cell phone as a remote or buy a cheap keyboard mouse combo. I use a Logitech k400 keyboard and it works great. There's other controller options, like using a Logitech harmony remote with a Flicr dongle, but they're harder to set up.
If you like to tinker, the wireless raspberry pi zero makes a great device because it's got Hdmi-cec which will allow you to use your tv remote to control kodi. The raspberry pi route isn't plug and play, you have to install the operating syste

Takes a little more work, but not too bad. I watch Sling with that set up as well. Wireless mouse acts as my clicker

So I've been using Kodi on my G Box Q2 for the last year and the beeyotch has been acting up more and more lately. I'm running Kodi v.15 and can't update because I'm stuck with Android 4.4 on this thing.

A coworker says she uses a Fire stick and is running the latest version of Kodi, and paid $30 for it. I really don't wanna pay another $80-90 for an Android box again. What do you guys use/recommend?

yes, Gbox Kodi 17.3

Seems I have to periodically wipe & reinstall the fucker to keep it running.

Give it a name.

Use an hdmi cable and set your device next to your tv.
You can use your cell phone as a remote or buy a cheap keyboard mouse combo. I use a Logitech k400 keyboard and it works great. There's other controller options, like using a Logitech harmony remote with a Flicr dongle, but they're harder to set up.
If you like to tinker, the wireless raspberry pi zero makes a great device because it's got Hdmi-cec which will allow you to use your tv remote to control kodi. The raspberry pi route isn't plug and play, you have to install the operating syste

I have the Pi 3 with a load of game emulators on it - can I have both that and Kodi on it?

On fire stick. I don't think it's all that great. Maybe I'm not using right.

i love the idea of Kodi but usually i spend more time searching for a working stream then actually enjoying the program. i'll just stick to downloading stuff i wanna watch.

Mine probably only works because I'm using an old-ass version of Kodi. A coworker called me last night saying she updated and Exodus was gone completely and she can't get it back.

Do you have a special box for it, or what do you watch on?

I updated to 17.3 last week and have a working Exodus addon

I have it on the firestick. I spend more time updating and trying to find a stream that works then I do actually watching something on it. I can't get any UFC events to work on it lately

I have it on the firestick. I spend more time updating and trying to find a stream that works then I do actually watching something on it. I can't get any UFC events to work on it lately

That's fucked up. What about TV shows/movies? Do you mostly stream live events?

Have Kodi on a Firestick. I don't really like it. It is unreliable and just not as awesome as I thought it would be.

I use it on a firestick on my upstairs TV it works fine. With that said for my main TV I built a small HTPC for $165 and it's worked amazingly well for over 4 years now. I would never want to use just a firestick for my main TV it's to slow for that.

IMO everything but a dedicated PC is to slow.

Last edited:
I ran it on a firestick but it became too much of a pain. Now I use a box but it's old and I had to resort to using a Kodi knock off that works pretty well. Overall it's much better than paying for cable or satellite.

Back