Anyone here that plays the harmonica?

Anyone else got any harmonica stories, experience or tips, hopefully you see this thread in the morning
I should edit the title to v1 - as there will be many threads on the subject

It's something I've always fancied learning, might buy myself one for Xmas. Will be handy if I ever end up in prison.

I already play guitar, so once I've added in harmonica I will move on to the drum on the back and cymbals between the knees, full one man band style. Awesome.

images

I play. So much fun. I'll even pull out the harmonica stand and play guitar at the same time.

TS, it doesn't matter if you consider yourself good or bad at any instrument. As with anything, it requires practice. Even if one is not naturally musically talented, the creative outlet and expression is the most important part.

Get a honher blues harp in G.

I believe G is the most common scale for blues, which is one of the things you might end up playing by yourself

I broke up with a girlfriend of 2 years because she interrupted this song

I have two minor key harmonicas but I think I need a full scale one. Never really got the hang of it, and I understand the notes. I've got 24 years of piano and guitar under my belt.

Tried learning several times, but was thwarted mostly by my dog, who would not flinch when i played guitar, bass, mandolin, had whole band practices, but as soon as I hit one note with a harmonica he'd start howling and wouldnt stop until i put it down lol...now that he's not here anymore maybe I'll try again. Been wanting to learn the intro to "Nada" by the refreshments for going on 20 years lol

Beatbox harmonica is where it's at

Thanks for all the tips @Reyesnuthugr
I doubt that there are many Dan Quinn fans that happen to have the harmonica as a hobby hahaha

I looked up that John Popper. Wow it is like he's playing the pan flute at times. Just crystal clear notes. Really freaky.

But is it as cool as Dan playing the clit like a swizzle stick flute?

The harmonica youtube videos blatantly show what is wrong with this world.
Some girl makes a video of her putting some make up on, she gets millions of hits.

A genius does a harmonica video in his car - Dan Quinn style - where he covers A Day in the Life with 2 harmonicas and he uses his nose on the second one... it gets under 1000 hits in 6 years

Is that dude going to end it after that? Why's he in a car in his garage?

Is that dude going to end it after that? Why's he in a car in his garage?
If you look closely, I think there is a hose from the exhaust pipe in the window

Obligatory...

and the genius follow up

The Mount Everest for mouth flute players

I just recieved Little lady.
The Hohner tiny four hole harmonica.

It is brilliant.
I was waiting in line to get the car for a little fix and I figured out how to play Guns of Brixton.

Best thing I have ever bought.

It sounds amazing

maxresdefault.jpg

I got the authentic one.
They have some crappy replicas around.

This one is neat

<5>

No but i always pretend like I am when I'm going down on my wife

The most sensual harmonica ever. It's like Anna Christina is making love the way she throws her hips into it.

I've just got a pro master in C, I've been willing to get one for a while

I honestly don't know what she was thinking.
She most likely bought it on whim while on a shopping spree

She told me last night she wanted to give you an iPad, but she was too poor. You can expect it in 6 months.

She told me last night she wanted to give you an iPad, but she was too poor. You can expect it in 6 months.
That really hurts.
At least I have my harmonica to cheer me up

Back