Anyone here really believe Mayweather will go toe to toe?

Are you Uncle Termite? The mods here are cool so even if you admit to being him they're not likely to ban you. You come across as a bombastic douche. Since you're the expert here, why don't you tell us how Floyd will/won't be able to land at will? I could answer your question in 60 seconds but I want to hear what you've got to say first. I promise what I'll be saying won't borrow anything from your "answer". Deal?

I doubt it. Uncle Termite's writing style is stroke inducing.

He very well could stand right in front of him all night frustrating the shit out of Conor. That is.....if his reflexes and vision are the same. At a certain point it goes to a boxing match like any other and Floyd forgets who he's fighting and starts doing what he does. Problem for Conor is, it's gonna be much easier for Floyd to heatseek his ass. Let's not forget Floyd's career connect ratio is the highest in history.

When hear toe to toe that doesn't mean feet planted throwing haymakers the whole night. What I do see is a more offensive Floyd to the style of the Cotto fight everybody that says Floyd runs and dances he didn't in that fight he beat Cotto's ass in a very exciting fight granted that was five years ago.If floyd fights like that then easy work Conor doesn't have the boxing Iq imho to handle an offensive output like that, he is going to do what all mma fighters do when a flurry of punches come shell up behind the gloves and maybe try to throw a hook only difference that shit ain't going to fly on Mayweather. Floyd but Tko whenever he stops playing

When hear toe to toe that doesn't mean feet planted throwing haymakers the whole night. What I do see is a more offensive Floyd to the style of the Cotto fight everybody that says Floyd runs and dances he didn't in that fight he beat Cotto's ass in a very exciting fight granted that was five years ago.If floyd fights like that then easy work Conor doesn't have the boxing Iq imho to handle an offensive output like that, he is going to do what all mma fighters do when a flurry of punches come shell up behind the gloves and maybe try to throw a hook only difference that shit ain't going to fly on Mayweather. Floyd but Tko whenever he stops playing
Yeah, whenever he stops playing, it's gonna be beautiful to watch.

I don't care for boxrec's latest update. That site sucks now.

I hate it too. They should give the option to go back to the old/classic format. It was fine the way it was before.

I doubt it. Uncle Termite's writing style is stroke inducing.

I just wanted to scare that guy off. It worked because right after I posted he was gone. Either that or he didn't want to answer my question.

You think so? I see it looking more like the Ortiz fight, before the hilarious ending. Floyds going to walk him down putting that straight right in his face, I think.

Conor thinks he's going to look like Maidana in there think.

Maidana strategy will work pefectly for Conor. Maidana is not a puncher. Conor has the hardest left straight in the history of the ufc

Maidana strategy will work pefectly for Conor. Maidana is not a puncher. Conor has the hardest left straight in the history of the ufc
Do any of you guys read what you say before you hit send?

Agreed. Maidana was a feather-fisted Willie Pep doppleganger.

I think Floyd is going to embarrass Conor just to show how big the gap is, and embarrass him by making him miss, a lot. Then once he's gassed he'll get after it a bit, but not sure it will ever be "toe to toe" in the usual sense.

To put things into perspective, I sometimes spar some of the less experienced guys (guys with only about 1-2 years training, maybe an amateur bout or two) and it still surprises at how much better I am than them even if they're bigger than me. I feel like Canelo against some of these guys and I've had about 7 years of training including about 3 years as a pro. Against some of these guys I have to scale back the intensity or I might hurt them or knock them out. I'm not a particularly big puncher either but the skill difference is just too big, I'm also taking into account conditioning and psychological acclimation to the particular environment. I'd wager the gap between McGregor and Mayweather is bigger than the one between myself and the newbs at my gym.

To put things into perspective, I sometimes spar some of the less experienced guys (guys with only about 1-2 years training, maybe an amateur bout or two) and it still surprises at how much better I am than them even if they're bigger than me. I feel like Canelo against some of these guys and I've had about 7 years of training including about 3 years as a pro. Against some of these guys I have to scale back the intensity or I might hurt them or knock them out. I'm not a particularly big puncher either but the skill difference is just too big, I'm also taking into account conditioning and psychological acclimation to the particular environment. I'd wager the gap between McGregor and Mayweather is bigger than the one between myself and the newbs at my gym.
ya, but the idiots don't understand that, i'll be glad when it's over.

Do any of you guys read what you say before you hit send?
No, he's right. Just think back to all the times Maidana rattled Floyd with that straight left.

What exactly is the penalty for doing something illegal in the match? Off the top of my head Ortiz, Judah, and Maidana all got frustrated and went for a foul.

Maidana is a murderous puncher.

I think a better question is if McGregor will even try to stand/hunt Floyd like his/mma fans think he will do.

The longer Connor makes it the more bragging rights he has while delusional fans can continue with the "Floyd is a runner not a fighter" , "if this was a a mma fight" , "boxing is boring" etc.

I dont think he would be able to pull it, but for Connor a boring Floyd decision fight is actually a pretty good result, he could talk himself in to another big boxing fight or return not losing face to mma.

Maidana is a murderous puncher.

Seriously. People should just be silent if they have no idea what their talking about.

He is also tough as nails, how many people have you seen get up from a bodyshots like he one Khan buried in his gut- I was thinking about that shot while watching Indongo, verrrrry few men get up from a clean shot like that.

The last time Mcgregor was tooled up a bit he seemed to give ground not bite down.

Anyone hear Nate Diaz's sub-verbal threat to boxers who mocked Conor's boxing warm ups?

Anyone hear Nate Diaz's sub-verbal threat to boxers who mocked Conor's boxing warm ups?

You'd think that a guy who probably gets his ass whomped by Ward on the regular would have a bit more respect for the sport of boxing.

He will if McG is still standing after 4-5 rounds, but I seriously doubt he'll have to. McG will either walk into a punch because he's too agressive or get knocked out while backing away in a straight line.

Back