Anyone here quit breads?

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
I did a while back indirectly and not religiously. My gf refuses to eat it, and I only like it for when I binge eat grilled cheese or salmon melts.

Since radically decreasing my bread intake and substituting with other foods that have similar caloric value I have noticed I feel much healthier and have a lot less belly fat.

This is an anecdotal self study over the last 3 years roughly

I gave up breads after listening to that Joe Rogan podcast with Mark Sisson around half a year ago.

After looking up Mark's stance on diet I thought opinion was pretty divided, so I decided to just take the plunge with no expectations. Like an experiment to see what happens.

I lost a load of bodyfat quickly, mood and energy went through the roof.

So yeah, giving up breads and replacing them with eggs and vegetables helped me a lot. Maybe I was a bit lucky and have a body that responds well to it.

whole wheat bread

When I'm losing weight I definitely abstain from it for ~6 days a week.

Otherwise, it's a semi-regular part of my diet, because it's delicious. Maybe have a slice or two every other day.

Look at bread & look at wheat cereal. Shows how much processing has taken place compared to any other slice or cereal you can think of.

Unless im at the pub eating the jalapeno steak and cheese with a red velvet sippy, i don't eat bread. I notice a difference more so in my throat than anything (less coughing).

I've cut down on bread, but still have it sometimes (I like sandwiches). I feel tired and shitty if I eat too much flour.

No.

Bread might have been the problem, but it sounds like you weren't eating enough nutritious food to begin with, and started eating better stuff after cutting out bread. I could be wrong of course, but I'm guessing if you ate nutritious food regularly, having some bread wouldn't cause any problems.

I have been on the Atkins diet for awhile. I shred off my body fat, and I'm felling very confident with myself. However, My friends and co workers are telling me that it is unhealthy and that I will die. What are the dangers of not eating bread or sugar? I eat a lot of fat for energy.

Maybe my lazy friends are just jealous at my ripped body.

Last edited:
I quit breads just becuase of this thread. Gonna test it out.

I have been on the Atkins diet for awhile. I shred off my body fat, and I'm felling very confident with myself. However, My friends and co workers are telling me that it is unhealthy and that I will die. What are the dangers of not eating bread or sugar? I eat a lot of fat for energy.

Maybe my lazy friends are just jealous at my ripped body.

Been there, done that.

Just tell your loser friends to stay fat and cry more. There's more heinous than having idiots drag you down to their level. Fuck that crab bucket mentality.

Ive given up all carbs and I feel alot better. I can feel I'm losing weight by the day. I feel so tired when I eat carbs. now eating more protein I feel like a new man.

I gave up bread for about 5 years, until a few weeks ago. I'd often eat them at a restaurant with homies or when I'm at a family party.

Time is too short to be spending too much of it in the kitchen prepping food, so I have started making sandwiches during the weekends. During the weekdays, I cook 8-10 times per week and washing dishes and all that shit is .. well yeah.

I have eaten a lot of high quality bread in my lifetime and I am self-declared carboholic. I love pasta and breads. Nothing gives me more pleasure than going to town at french boulangerie.

Having said that, I have drastically reduced bread, rice, potatoes and pasta intake. It's not zero, but it's a fraction of what it once was. I think it makes a huge difference. I've always been very active, never ate junk food, and I started juicing about 3 yrs ago but until I cut down on sweets, bread, pasta, rice and potato, I was stuck on 185-188 in the winter. I'm sitting at 174 now.

IMO you can't just cut bread. You have to cut the other carbs and sweets.

Bread don't really work well when I'm on a calorie budget.
Still love sourdough and crispbread, and eat it as often as I feel I can get away with.
I've pretty much given up white bread. Mucho calories, and it started giving me heartburn. Plus I'm a bit neurotic when it comes to fast carbs.

Bread is sugar

Makes me feel bloated and its hard to digest but boy is it good lol

Back