Anyone here ever try Athletic greens?

bjjcaveman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I first heard about it in Tim Ferriss' book the Four Hour Body, and then subsequently on a few other podcasts I listen to.

I'm just curious to know if anyone here has tried it and if they've noticed any tangible benefits...

I do a green drink most mornings, but have not tried Athletic greens.

That being said, lots of fitness/nutrition guys I follow tout that specific one. Romanellio, Ferriggia etc..

Have not done much of a price/ingredient comparison, I just went by taste.

Tried Greens+, tasted like liking a goats bunghole

If you are thinking about it you should go to GNC and sample a few different ones. Then leave GNC and go buy it someone else.
I use this PhdNutrition stuff. Tastes alright.

I do a green drink most mornings, but have not tried Athletic greens.

That being said, lots of fitness/nutrition guys I follow tout that specific one. Romanellio, Ferriggia etc..

Have not done much of a price/ingredient comparison, I just went by taste.

Tried Greens+, tasted like liking a goats bunghole

If you are thinking about it you should go to GNC and sample a few different ones. Then leave GNC and go buy it someone else.
I use this PhdNutrition stuff. Tastes alright.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!

Just an update, I was having a hard time finding the PHDNutrition Greens on a regular basis, so decided to try a different Green.

I don't have it every day, don't think I need it. More like 2-3 times a week.

Just recently tried Cyto-Greens and it seems good. http://www.cytogreens.com/
Ingredient profile is way better than everything else I was looking at. Better than the one I was using too.

Taste is decent. Not as good as PHD, but 1000x better than Greens+. Kind of like a brewed ice tea sort of taste, probably from the matcha & acai.

Its a little more expensive but id rather pay a bit more for something that does not taste like ass. I paid just under $50 for 60serve tub.

Ive been using that cyto greens for a few months now. Fucking amazing. The profile is way better than most green products out there, taste is ok on its own, like you said some kind of tea, i put some bcaa's flavored in there and it taste like candy.

Ive been using that cyto greens for a few months now. Fucking amazing. The profile is way better than most green products out there, taste is ok on its own, like you said some kind of tea, i put some bcaa's flavored in there and it taste like candy.

i take green vibrance taste is utterly nasty i put sugar in it to remedy that though its the same as cyto just has brociolo in it

Wonder if there’s any updates on this topic? I just saw an advertisement on Instagram for “athletic greens” which led me to start my research here and I found that “cytogreens” won out on the forum in 2013, wondering if there’s any news on this supplement for 2021?

Wonder if there’s any updates on this topic? I just saw an advertisement on Instagram for “athletic greens” which led me to start my research here and I found that “cytogreens” won out on the forum in 2013, wondering if there’s any news on this supplement for 2021?

Its what i currently use because it’s cheaper. $45 will last me for a while before that was simple greens. Athletic greens at $70 is “special”. Not much to say, you won’t “feel” anything on it. Do you have a vitamin deficiency? or not eat enough greens? (Like me) probably a good idea to take it for longevity and health.

fyi:they all taste disgusting

So no1's tried it yet? Keep hearing advertised on Pod save America one of the sponsors.

There's a 10% off code mentioned every podcast (cant remember off top of my head)

Its what i currently use because it’s cheaper. $45 will last me for a while before that was simple greens. Athletic greens at $70 is “special”. Not much to say, you won’t “feel” anything on it. Do you have a vitamin deficiency? or not eat enough greens? (Like me) probably a good idea to take it for longevity and health.

fyi:they all taste disgusting

I am on a medicine that suppresses appetite and as a result don’t eat that much lately, 1-2 meals per day. Thought maybe something like this would be good to get more nutrients. I do have vitamins, and I also have a vitamix blender though and I’m able to make vegetable smoothies. Maybe I should just make more of those. I guess the marketing campaign looked good and sucked me in.

I am on a medicine that suppresses appetite and as a result don’t eat that much lately, 1-2 meals per day. Thought maybe something like this would be good to get more nutrients. I do have vitamins, and I also have a vitamix blender though and I’m able to make vegetable smoothies. Maybe I should just make more of those. I guess the marketing campaign looked good and sucked me in.

I would go with cytogreens or even simple greens is a better alternative to athletic greens. It’s something you don’t want stop taking so your wallet will thank you in the end.

I would go with cytogreens or even simple greens is a better alternative to athletic greens. It’s something you don’t want stop taking so your wallet will thank you in the end.
Interesting, something you don’t wanna stop taking huh? That sounds exciting. Thanks for your input!

Back