Anyone have GERD? (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)

Yep, and it makes me paranoid as hell as the connection between gerd and eventual esophageal cancers is very real.

Take pantoprazole for it
There’s a link, but it’s still very rare, somewhere in the range of 1/10,000.

Pain in the ass. Constant uncomfortable pain right above my stomach, below my chest. Even the weight of a t-shirt makes it painful. The side effect from the medication isn't that much better.
I keep a thing of gaviscon in my desk. Does wonders. But if I avoid coffee without food in my stomach or something, everything goes okay. If I get really bad heatburn, I take a gaviscon and eat oatmeal and it's gone almost immediately.

interesting. I've been thinking about relocating my bedroom to the back of the house in order to be farther away from the street noise. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

The problems that I had with my throat started when I lived in a bedsit on a road near Hatton Cross station, which is right next to Heathrow Airport.

I could see the runways if I looked down the road from where I lived, the house would rattle every thirty seconds when planes landed and I had to walk under them when heading to work, which exposed me to deafening sounds.

If I were government, I'd have relocated everybody living on those rows of streets due to health concerns. Increased risk of heart disease, stress and respitory issues are well documented.

Mine is so bad I get nausea and have to smoke marijuana just to calm my stomach down.

I can barely eat sometimes because stress also causes irritable bowel syndromes of acid and tightness

Feeling like Kurt Cobaine and shit

Yep.
I have Gerd and EE
I choose not to explain everything.

Go to a doctor and get drugs. I didn't eat right for 15 years, crazy thinking back on that. Good way to stay skinny though.

prescription omeprazole, but it makes me dizzy

An Asian friend of mine has me drinking hot water first thing in the morning before anything else. I've been doing it for a few months now. It seems to soothe my stomach in the mornings, and is said to aid in digestion.

My father had GERD. He was able to stop the pain and with that stop taking the acid reducing medications after he cut way back on eating all dairy/milk products.

Some of those PPI GERD medications have been linked to several side effects, including heart attacks. That is what happened to be a friend of my fathers. He had a heart attack and suspects it was the PPI he was taking.

A little on PPI's causing heart attacks can be read here:

What causes heart disease part XXI

https://drmalcolmkendrick.org/2016/09/21/what-causes-heart-disease-part-xxi/

I got it when I tried bulking up while lifting. Unfortunately I suck at both so all I got was heavy and GERD. I went on keto and dropped to a good weight. Now it doesn't bother me at all. The chewable papaya tablets helped a ton if it was just a mild case. Plus they taste good.

Gerd is Acid Reflux

A lot of southerns have that, I have it but only minor it sucks when you regurgitate after eating a meal you can feel the stomach acid go right back up.

Ill get it once and a while.

I remember eating at a Southern style buffet and all these truckers with pot bellys had gerd they had Tums antacid on hand.

They probably got it from eating so much fatty and hard to digest foods.

Reported for prejudice towards Southerners. :rolleyes:

ermahgerd.jpg

Came here for this.

I have acid reflux but I just drink water when I have any discomfort. Seems to work for me.

Yes. The best thing to do is figure out what foods, drinks and habits cause it for you and not take the meds. I figured out that the worst things for me were coffee, hard liquor and smoking. If I avoid those things, I live pain free and if I have a bad day, I just take Zantac 150 and it works.

An Asian friend of mine has me drinking hot water first thing in the morning before anything else. I've been doing it for a few months now. It seems to soothe my stomach in the mornings, and is said to aid in digestion.

Warm water with a pinch of sea salt first in the morning, it helps big time, then Ill eat 30 minutes after.

Also try eating more soups and stews, avoid triggers like spices, caffeine, sugars, and avoid hard to digest foods like thick chewy breads.

people are so lazy and quick to go on meds, meds will fuck you up, I think a couple of those GERD meds over the counter cause serious health problems.

The best way to do this is if you start getting early symptoms is to go on a strict diet to heal the gut, control your appetite just force your self for a couple weeks to eat soups, and crackers, stuff that is easy to digest, you gotta heal the gut lining and there are natural things that help the stomach acid so you dont have to go on meds with hard sides.

Warm water with a pinch of sea salt first in the morning, it helps big time, then Ill eat 30 minutes after.

Also try eating more soups and stews, avoid triggers like spices, caffeine, sugars, and avoid hard to digest foods like thick chewy breads.

people are so lazy and quick to go on meds, meds will fuck you up, I think a couple of those GERD meds over the counter cause serious health problems.

The best way to do this is if you start getting early symptoms is to go on a strict diet to heal the gut, control your appetite just force your self for a couple weeks to eat soups, and crackers, stuff that is easy to digest, you gotta heal the gut lining and there are natural things that help the stomach acid so you dont have to go on meds with hard sides.

Sea salt?

Just thought about it and my problems got much less severe when I was about 16 and started smoking weed. I do get it occasionally from the result of a burp and it burns. Thats when I use some cold water and seems to solve it. I try to avoid using any extra drugs my body may start to depend on.

What meds are some of you talking about with "hard side affects", It usually can be controlled with antacids.
And I don't care if you want to believe some of the "potential" long term side effects that are almost always imaginary and never proven, but ignoring reflux, GERD, or similar can kill you in a very short period of time. It's not something to ignore. A fella I know started having trouble the past July and ignored it until it got real bad and a friend took him to the Dr around Halloween. They told him he had stage 4 esophagus cancer and 4 weeks later he passed away. He was 43. He went from fine to dead in 6 months, from something that can be completely prevented.

What meds are some of you talking about with "hard side affects", It usually can be controlled with antacids.
And I don't care if you want to believe some of the "potential" long term side effects that are almost always imaginary and never proven, .

Long-term Use of Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)
Common adverse effects include headache, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fatigue, and dizziness. Infrequent adverse effects include rash, itch, flatulence, constipation, anxiety, and depression. Also infrequently, PPI use may be associated with occurrence of myopathies, including the serious reaction rhabdomyolysis

Long-term Use of Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)
Common adverse effects include headache, nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fatigue, and dizziness. Infrequent adverse effects include rash, itch, flatulence, constipation, anxiety, and depression. Also infrequently, PPI use may be associated with occurrence of myopathies, including the serious reaction rhabdomyolysis

Underlined.
I'll take my chance with "may be" vs almost certain cancer if left untreated for too long. That's just me though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back