Anyone fired one of these babies?

Rankin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
m249-saw_ukarms.gif

Im going into the Marines and I wanna try to get to be the guy with one of these babies.

Anyone ever fire one before? If so how is it to keep clean and all the maintenance on it? I hear different things about reliability. Some say its awesome but some say it has its share of problems.

Anyone got anything for me?

I had to lug one of those fuckers around everywhere I went for a year in Iraq. Be careful what you wish for. With full ammo and most of the common addons that will easily be over 23 pounds.

With that being said, its an amazing weapon. Very little kick back, high rate of fire. Will fire dry, with dirt, and mud.

The 240B isn't bad either.

I had to lug one of those fuckers around everywhere I went for a year in Iraq. Be careful what you wish for. With full ammo and most of the common addons that will easily be over 23 pounds.

With that being said, its an amazing weapon. Very little kick back, high rate of fire. Will fire dry, with dirt, and mud.

The 240B isn't bad either.

Very true.

I ate, slept, lived with a Saw for 2 years. However, cleaning them after a sandstorm is one hell of a bitch.

And it can be reliable under suprising circumstances, but shit on you when it should be working perfect. It just depends on how well you take care of it and how old it is. And firing one from the hip is quite fun.

Ofcourse Ive fired one; but im glad I never had to lug that bitch around 24/7 like some of my buddies did. I was tasked with carrying the extra barrels and ammunition for awhile, could have been worse I suppose. My buddy Johnson was a big son of a bitch though, 6'4 240 easily.

The glamor of holding sufficient fire power quickly fades though, I can still remember being excited when it was time to pick up our M16s in boot camp.

Haven't fired the M249, but have fired our C9. Highly similar. It gets old quick. If you have it for extended periods of time, you'll learn to hate it. Just because it's not as small, agile and easy to carry as a C7 (service rifle). Firing it is pretty fun, though. High ROF with little kickback and pretty good accuracy. Cleaning and maintaining can be a bitch, though. They can be clean as fuck and jam like a cocksucker-even in the perfect scenario. Went out and shot last weekend, two out of 6 guns jammed on one relay, but then again, we were using normal mags instead of box mags, so that was probably the issue.

If you're up for struggle and annoyance, but would find laying down some good firepower rewarding, go nuts.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it

Agree with careful for what you wish for, we had some guys carrying these during training that were dicking around so their punishment was to ride the motorcycle with these. They had to sit in a squat position and use this as a the handlebar holding it straight out in front of them.Fun to shoot though, go all Rambo with it, but am glad I carry a baby glock on duty now!

240B is a best. I am a 249 (SAW) gunner and it is a love hate relationship. I don't have any issues with it jamming or double feeding so that is nice. IT is a blast to shoot. It is a bitch to clean though. With 2 saw drums plus one loaded it can get heavy. just gotta aim a little low and left and you cut your targets down with a 3-5 round burst.

Back