Anyone find themselves no motivation to do liss?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
Well at least when you've already had developed a good base with RHR in mid to upper 40's.

Im at the point were im just training myself 4x week. Im not competing and not training in a gym setting atm.

I find myself doing shorter cardio sessions such as Threshold, light intervals and active recovery sessions.

Can anyone relate?

Last edited:
Do no cardio for 6 months, gain 10kg abs see how that feels, your motivation to develop endurance will magically reappear

Best liss activities are reading and video games. Sit on a recumbent bike and go to town.

Helps to get a dog, your fit/jacked ass might not need liss on top of your workouts but pooch sure will.

Mix it up to make it interesting, if its too boring you won't do it

You need both, but like you, I'm doing much much more intensity work. I just end up doing more of volume work. eg. My bouts are 3 x 2min rounds, so I basically do 2 min rounds and for 5-6 sets. I basically try to gas myself out.

Oddly it fucked with my head thinking I would gas badly because I would loose steam on round 3 (of the run) at around 1:10. Funny thing was, I ended up being able to go the entire fight no problem. Felt like a cake walk actually. Whereas before I would do stuff like mixing intervals with LISS on a 5km run, and I'd still gas then.

Mix it up to make it interesting, if its too boring you won't do it

You need both, but like you, I'm doing much much more intensity work. I just end up doing more of volume work. eg. My bouts are 3 x 2min rounds, so I basically do 2 min rounds and for 5-6 sets. I basically try to gas myself out.

Oddly it fucked with my head thinking I would gas badly because I would loose steam on round 3 (of the run) at around 1:10. Funny thing was, I ended up being able to go the entire fight no problem. Felt like a cake walk actually. Whereas before I would do stuff like mixing intervals with LISS on a 5km run, and I'd still gas then.

When I'm not competing, the motivation to do high volume work isn't there (at least for me).

Used to put in 8 hours of liss on top of threshold, interval sessions when I have upcoming bouts. The thought of feeling gassed out would ensure i put the work in.

Now, I just want it in and out lol

I lack motivation for any cardio this is why I go boxing and soccer.

When I'm not competing, the motivation to do high volume work isn't there (at least for me).

Used to put in 8 hours of liss on top of threshold, interval sessions when I have upcoming bouts. The thought of feeling gassed out would ensure i put the work in.

Now, I just want it in and out lol
I hear you, happens to all of us; Like @Ilk says, try to do some other forms of sports as conditioning. Personally, I like swimming

riding my bike to work was the healthiest thing i've ever done. it was 20 superhilly km every day, every season. i moved to my job in may. now i ride 15 minutes to work through the city. i think about walking there just to up my fresh air time again. my rhh also was in the low 40's back then.

i think moderate mountain biking is the best form of cardio. low impact, fresh air, nature, dirt. doing hill repeats if you need some intervals.
sadly, something on bikes always needs maintenance and i fucking hate screws and all that shifting system bullshit.

i should just walk to work.

Back