Anyone find mighty mouse interviews cringeworhty?

SSJ16

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just finished listening to him on the mmahour and I feel like in his past several interviews he has changed his persona, at least when he is speaking with Ariel, and he tries to come off as a badass or a rebel but imo it seems like he is trying to hard.

Anyone else feel this way or do feel MM is showing his true personality?

nah.

not a fan of MM but he doesn't really do anything cringey.

It's like when you see a news reporter with a lisp

Just like, why would you do this to yourself

These days delivering in the octagon isn't good enough for fans, so fighters have to put on a phony persona during interviews.

Not at all actually. He's becoming more and more himself on camera.

I've spoken to him several times during events and stuff. The guy is a potty mouth.

Anyone find Mighty Mouse hate threads cringeworthy?

I feel like when he relaxes on camera and talks like he's on stream (swearing like there's no tomorrow) he's pretty entertaining.

tenor.gif

he's a normal dude. so not really. but im cooler.

Not at all actually. He's becoming more and more himself on camera.

I've spoken to him several times on events and stuff. The guy is a potty mouth.

I guess I find it hard him actually speaking this way off camera but if acts like this in real life then I stand corrected. I feel like one day he switched his interview personality up from the nice, clean guy to the zero-fucks-given and I just started chalking it up to him trying to shape a more trash talking type character for himself bur truthfully, I was never sold.

nope. I think DJ is great.

he is finally starting to treat the UFC the way it deserves to be treated...like a business relationship.

This "talk to my management" position he has taken with regard to all questions about pay, contracts, etc. is fantastic.

UFC wants to do DJ *zero* favours, then he should do the same. Treat this 100% like a business, stop being a 'company man' when it gets him NOTHING in return, and prioritize HIMSELF over the interests of the UFC, fans, etc. who don't really care about him.

I just finished listening to him on the mmahour and I feel like in his past several interviews he has changed his persona, at least when he is speaking with Ariel, and he tries to come off as a badass or a rebel but imo it seems like he is trying to hard.

Anyone else feel this way or do feel MM is showing his true personality?

I find people who complain about Mighty Mouse to be cringe worthy.

These days delivering in the octagon isn't good enough for fans, so fighters have to put on a phony persona during interviews.
That is what fighters who promote themselves think. Fighters that can take real aspects of their persona and take them to the next level.

Does he kiss his mother with that mouth?!

Plus it's always hard to sound intimidating when you have a high-pitched voice and talk so damn fast people can't understand you.

Treat this 100% like a business, stop being a 'company man' when it gets him NOTHING in return, and prioritize HIMSELF over the interests of the UFC, fans, etc. who don't really care about him.

This is how ALL fighters should act.

No, just be interesting. Some "phony presonas" are interesting, others are cringeworthy. Other fighters are very entertaining just being themselves. Just don't be boring. Promote yourself. Its a part of the fight game. MM blowsssss at promoting himself.

Back