anyone ever had a home invader?

Some disheveled looking guy broke into the house I was living at 5 or 6 years ago. I lived on first floor and older married couple lived on second floor. I came home from work around 2:30 a.m. and saw this out of place stoned dirty guy walking down our deadend street and a neighbor outside telling him to get away. Then I saw the lady from upstairs out on the driveway with a frightened look on her face. Her husband had pulled a shotgun on him and he turned around and left the house. He never came in to my part of the house and had already left the house by the time I got home anyway. He was 6 feet tall very frail looking guy. I imaginine I would have stabbed him or beat the hell out of him if I was home and he came in to the downstairs part, but I dunno.

I find it funny that you post about how you don't see the need to own a gun for home defense but the reason the assailant fled was because your neighbor's hubby pulled a shotgun on him.

I find it funny that you post about how you don't see the need to own a gun for home defense but the reason the assailant fled was because your neighbor's hubby pulled a shotgun on him.

The guy was an emaciated stumbling fool. It didnt scare me really. I am not sure how I would have reacted if I encountered him in my house. I just personally don't think that in my current environment - I am likely to encounter somoene that I cannot handle (again, if necessary there are some hand to hand weapons close enough). I am not much of a gun person, but I have no problem with your opinion that gun is best. I am just making the point that guns are also dangerous, and I will take my chances without one. I live in a pretty safe area. The few criminals in Hawaii are not near me, and the ones that do wander into the nicer areas are usually skinny little ice heads that dont carry guns. Maybe if I lived in a big city with lots of guns, I would feel differently.

I often get people in my own back garden or neihbours, but there always gone by time i get outside, I need to get a bat again since how courts are in the uk im sure if I confront one of them and they fight even if a holding knife themselfs i'd go to prison if i stab them,
so a bat to the knee would be more appropriate.

Not worried about normal thiefs having guns here ofcourse, but if i got into violent arguemnts with some of the so called hardnuts/dealers in the local pubs and i came out ontop then i'd be worried about them getting guns involved.

Back