anyone ever eat duck or goose?

If so, did you like it? How was it prepared?
The only way to cook duck well is to give it to a Chinese guy, Preferably, Peking style, which involves alot of work.

or just roasting it, without the extra skin prep
Cantonese_roast_duck_in_Los_Angeles_Chinatown.jpg

What did you shoot them with, a 12 gauge? They were trying to attack my family, what the heck would you do!?
I think it was a 12 gauge... there was still some bird shot in the ducks we ate....

I dont think i've had goose, but I've eaten duck many Times.
last time I was in ireland I had this super tasty duck dish at a (I think) Thai restaurant

Duck is pretty common. You don't see goose very much in the States, which I think is a shame because they are tasty and fuck some mean ass geese.

Think I've only had goose once, in Germany. Was roasted and served with some of that awesome braised red cabbage, sauerkraut, and potato dumplings. Would definitely eat again.

Duck is good. The meat is a bit like chickens, but the taste, while similar, is a lot stronger.

Goose Foie Gras is pretty common in the UK, can't say I've ever seen Goose meat for sale though.

When I went on vacation to Jamaica I had these roasted duck burrito things with sweet duck sauce and they were absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
This is a popular way to eat duck in winter where I live.

0w314kzc6R.jpg

Basically, you braise or pan fry the duck first, then you prepare a soup with herbs and ginger, then you serve it in a hot soup, sometimes accompanied by duck blood jello.

Duck is good

Duck is pretty common. You don't see goose very much in the States, which I think is a shame because they are tasty and fuck some mean ass geese.

Think I've only had goose once, in Germany. Was roasted and served with some of that awesome braised red cabbage, sauerkraut, and potato dumplings. Would definitely eat again.
You just have to know someone that goes goose hunting. A few guys at my job go several times a year. They give some of them away.

3.jpg

Its the traditional christmas dinner here.
Duck & Goose taste pretty similar, at least the domesticated ones.
I've had wild duck recently and the meat is much more intense

Duck is good

best duck I ever had was pressed duck in beijing several years ago
roasted-duck.jpg

amazing flavor and texture

3.jpg

Its the traditional christmas dinner here.
Duck & Goose taste pretty similar, at least the domesticated ones.
I've had wild duck recently and the meat is much more intense

This right here. Mah gawd

I make it in my rotisserie. It's really good but the skin is so thick compared to chicken. It has a richer taste and a bigger price tag.

Can't go wrong with a well prepared roast duck or peking duck. I've had goose several times in Hong Kong including Peking Goose. It was good.

I've had both lots of times and love it. Grew up in a family of avid game hunters. If it's not human it is vulnerable to being shot by someone in my family.

Back