anyone ever eat duck or goose?

Had duck a bunch of times and have smoked several myself. If it's prepped correctly it doesn't come out super greasy.

A Thai place that we used to live by made amazing duck pad see ew.

Had duck on 2 different occasions, the first time I didn't like it really. Seemed like a weird more fatty version of chicken. Second time I had it at a Thai place, had some Thai curry with duck, it was pretty good, but that might have just been because the curry was good, don't know if it had so much to do with the duck itself.

Would like to try someplace that is considered to have good duck and see if I like it. Never had goose though.

Seeing as duck is all dark meat it will always have that texture of dark meat.

Unless your going to a high end butcher most duck you buy from the local butcher super market are gonna have a 1/8-1-4 inch of fat on the breast alone.

oh fuck yes. They are amongst my favorite kinds of meat, though ill say it's probably just because i dont see it around in the states often enough.

most the times ive had goose its been tea smoked

as for duck, the preparations with crispy skin are the best! beijing duck is a dish thats easily found in the US, though it is fairly expensive and to be honest is kind of wasteful, as the non-skin parts of the duck dont taste very good. a good quality roasted duck from a dirty butcher in chinatown is a good cheaper alternative.

duck fat is the bomb. i dare say its better than bacon fat.

I haven't had goose, but duck is by far my favorite type of poultry.

Duck is delicious. It's like Pork and Poultry mated and had beautiful, tasty children.

I had a duck curry at a thai restaurant yesterday. They fucked it all up. Half of the fat on the skin was raw but the duck was still overcooked.

Love duck used to hunt it lots . I prefer duck lorange but wish it had a more American name

Peking Duck 3 ways.

peking-duck-3-ways-fantastic.jpg

Yeh I only like it as Peking Duck. I cannot eat cantonese roast duck by itself for some reason.

The Chinese sure as hell know what they are doing when it comes to duck. Every time I have had it at a Chinese restaurant it has been delicious.

Never had Goose, but I had Duck many times, its delicious, its quite fatty and its super tasty.

I had duck tits a couple of times. Once was overly rich, the other really good. Foie gras as well. Best I had was a pate which was ridiculously good. Had some that was essentially cold spam at an inclusive in the DR. That was fucking terrible

and geese are dicks and will attack you, but i respect the ballsyness of it.

so i wont eat them.
<45><45><45>

too funny. geese are fucking dicks man.

I saw on the news today and it was posted here, that kid getting attacked by the dog and the cat chasing that dog away.

Made me start to think if I got attacked by any animals before. Pondering for a bit, I remembered this one time I got attacked by a mother fucking goose of all animals!

So here is my story. We were out of town on a family trip when I was around 2-3 years old, this was with my parents and sister, then my mums whole family (2 uncles, 7 sisters and all their children bout 14 in total) it was a big family holiday. We booked out a few houses with multiple rooms to accomodate like 3-4 families per house.

Me being the youngest always wanted to hang with the older cousins, the age range was me being 2-3 and the oldest being around 18-20. My cousins left me with my parents and the other aunts and uncles and they went to a jetty to go fishing in a kindda man made river. I was a bit bummed being left alone so I tried to go make my way to them. Now im just a little kid walking through some big tall grass making my way to where i can hear my cousins are, now i hadnt made it too far from the other family members I was with either. Out of no where, I hear this swooshing sound and I am knocked to the ground. I look up and there is this big mother fucking goose just honking at me, flapping its wings and trying to peck at my body. Well actually not trying to peck, it was fully just pecking me. This goose was a douch and wouldnt stop. I was crying and just laying on my back on the ground with it standing over me and pecking me relentlessly. The savage attack lasted for what felt like an eternity.

Out of no where I hear this loud thud and a bit of a startled squak, then a few more loud THUD THUD THUD's, and the attack stopped and the douche of a goose flew away. Laying on my back I look up to see what ended this attack. It was my nana that I saw standing above me with a rolled up newspaper in her hand. She had come over my way when she heard me crying like a baby and she belted the goose in the head a few times with a newspaper. It was awesome.

So sherdoggers, what stories do you guys have that you could share of a wild animal attack?

Make up your mind dude, you have to eat something

Whelp since I've had almost 40 years of health and athleticism so much so that I've made a career of it(acrobat), how about I just make up whatever whimsical rules I want for what I eat and don't

Whatdaya say?

duck is tasty, mom bakes it some times when I visit parents.

Back