Anyone else wish Bisping would have...

Should Bisping just have walked off into the sunset after the Hendo “win”

• Total voters
Nah. If every fighter decided to retire on top they would be robbing the fans and upcoming fighters in a manner of speaking. This sport lives on through the passing of the torch.

Fighters don't quit when they stumble. Besides, quitting at the height of your game doesn't really impress anyone... look at Rumble. Only lost to DC at LHW, plowed through Davis, Nog, Gus, Manuwa, Bader, Glover... last 5 wins by brutal KOs. But he quit because he didn't wanna do this anymore. Do fans even remember? Do they care? I think not.

Fighters don't quit when they stumble. Besides, quitting at the height of your game doesn't really impress anyone... look at Rumble. Only lost to DC at LHW, plowed through Davis, Nog, Gus, Manuwa, Bader, Glover... last 5 wins by brutal KOs. But he quit because he didn't wanna do this anymore. Do fans even remember? Do they care? I think not.
I’m honestly holding out hope that Rumble will stay in shape enough to make 205 once DC calls it a day... Gus v. Rumble 2 for the vacant title, maybe this time Gus’s corner will remember to instruct in any tongue other than English...lol
<JagsKiddingMe>

One things certain, Mike will be sorely missed once he’s gone. The British torch will be in good hands with young Till though
Agreed, I’ve got high hopes for Till, if the Thompson fight gets inked we will soon find out exactly where he stands... I think he’s going to surprise a lot of people, just turned 25 and likely isn’t even prime yet, that’s scary for the rest of 170

Agreed, I’ve got high hopes for Till, if the Thompson fight gets inked we will soon find out exactly where he stands... I think he’s going to surprise a lot of people, just turned 25 and likely isn’t even prime yet, that’s scary for the rest of 170

I hate this fight to be honest, but hats off to Till for campaigning for a fight against probably the best striker on the roster. Gonna be a burn barner if it gets signed though

Bispnig was on the best win streak of is career with his most significant wins and a belt. Pretty tough for most to step away in that spot. Especially when nothing about him said retirement or that he looked any less athletic or awkward. He was still fighting his game.

The GSP fight was a natural for him to take in terms of money and legacy and had he won that you can bet Woodley in a Super Fight would have been next and the MW division would be still held up even now. But he might have actually retried after a Woodley fight.

Nope, glad he got KTFO many times for his ducking. Karma is a bitch.

Nope, glad he got KTFO many times for his ducking. Karma is a bitch.
See. This guy would have lost his rag.
He would have cleared the table. It would have been glorious.

I voted I enjoyed seeing him KO'd mainly because I'm a huge GSP fan and Love seeing him become MW champ and finishing Bisping in impressive fashion .

He should have walked off after winning the belt IMO - won't ever get much better than that for MIchael.

Back