Anyone else want to go back to when you were a kid?

I don't want to go back to my childhood my Mom was crazy

I hated being a child. I love my wife, my mental health is good and I have a job. I’m good.

Pulling stuff out of junkyards with my family under the judgemental eyes of my peers and their parents. Walking everywhere in the pissing rain because we couldn't afford a car. Eating scraps, wearing hand me downs and having to share bathwater. No way.
Oh, and how could I forget only using shampoo because conditioner was a luxury for my shitty bowl induced haircut.

Fuck that.

Last edited:
Go and buy a BMX and ride it to the park, when you arrive climb a tree. Then go home and watch some G.I Joe and transformers on youtube.

Hell no!

I’m 52 and these years are the best period of my life. Marriage still going strong, I’m just a few years away from retirement, son is married and doing really well. 50’s if where it’s at as far as I’m concerned!

Right there with you, buddy!
I dont envy children. I envy adults who still manage to maintain the mental whismy and carefree attitude of a child, while living as adults.
#lifegoals

FUCK NO!

Even though I didn't endure any physical hardship like those child soldiers in Africa, I wouldn't call my childhood rosy by any stretch of the imagination. I had strict teachers in school, and my father was breathing down my neck about my grades (Asian level over 9000). Even though I had memories of doing nice stuff as a kid, travelling abroad and playing sport at times, it's also filled with academic pressure at a young age and overbearing parenting.

Now in my mid 30s, happily married, managing my own company, no real financial burden, one can make the argument that I wouldn't be where I am if I didn't go through what I did. Sure, but I wouldn't want to do that again.

Nah dont want to go back. Enjoying my kiddo going through his childhood.

I would only go back if it was temporary and I ended up right back where I'm at now. I loved my childhood but I wouldn't want to take a chance on ruining the life I have now.

Fuck no. There's nothing great about being a kid. Bed time, a dollar felt like a million bucks, no car, no freedom, boring schoolwork surrounded by idiots.

If I get to keep my mind I'd do it purely because I could have a massive mental advantage over my younger self and probably have published several books by the time I'd be an adult. I'd also stick more with a TMA instead of jumping all over the place. But being a kid sucked. I'm not even going to talk about all the sex I'd not be having.

The only reason i would, would be to get myself to focus on tennis and basketball heavily instead of boxing.

I think i could have been able to make a career out of either if i applied myself. Got diagnosed with epilepsy later on so facey punchy became impossible.

Was talking to a tennis coach the other day, and he figures that you need to be in the top 150 or so in the world for the money coming in to be worth the expenses it takes to compete.

Unless you mean you'd take up coaching or something.

Not gonna lie. My life now is pretty damn good and satisfying.

For all I know I could go back in time to try to make it better, maybe dedicate myself fully to wrestling and somehow end up in a Pulp Fiction-style rape dungeon in someone's basement. You know, butterfly effect and all that shit.

I am happy with the person I am now, no need to wonder what could've been because we can never truly know that.

Hell no!

I’m 52 and these years are the best period of my life. Marriage still going strong, I’m just a few years away from retirement, son is married and doing really well. 50’s if where it’s at as far as I’m concerned!
That's awesome! Congrats.

Hell no!

LOL @ this guy. You must work for the government or something.

No hell no. I like living on my own, drinking a beer and having a motorcycle. And I hated school.

Nope. The past is the past and I live for the present and future. Had a lot of great experiences growing up but I don't need to go back and relive them.

Back