Anyone else think that uppercut KOs Floyd if...

It is apples and oranges. The reason I fell in love with mma is because it wasn't boxing. That is all there was back in the day. Now it has to be "better"? Foolishness in a "Miletech deleted" way.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.

a better practice would be to assume the opposite of what you are trying to see. Then, if what you see contradicts what you assumed, you can make your conclusion.

Maybe you did this, but from your description, it sounds like you were looking for this conclusion as you watched it over and over. Or maybe I'm misreading this whole situation. I feel obligated to mention that sometimes.

hahahahahahaha

Literally my reaction when I read the thread title.
I mean...

5YwuKHZ.gif

Conor's power is much more suited for mma...the way he throws punches in mma is far different than in boxing...he holds his hands differently cause his stance is different, his movement is different...how conor fought aldo is the perfect example of how his stance and footwork is different than boxing..also how he holds his hands and how he throws punches.

But that's exactly what his fans said would win him the fight (apart from the well known fact that Floyd was one-dimensional, 40 y/o with brittle hands).
What happened?

Stop acting like children for a second.

Im not a Conor lover.

90% of the punches thrown in MMA have chit technique, that's kind of my point.

Striking doesn't work with boxing gloves.

But why do we automatically thing Floyd would be himself with MMA gloves on though?...or even that his brittle hands would hold up to the damage?

Range is different, timing...everything changes when the gloves change.
Ok you're talking about two different things here.
Does smaller gloves change things? Absolutely especially on the defensive end, but as far as IMPACT goes, it wouldn't change a damn thing anyone who has sparred in both gloves know that the impact is practically the same.

Mma gloves leave more openings which means you have a higher chance of getting hit with a shot you didn't see coming, Floyd ate that uppercut like a cupcake changing the size of the glove doesn't change the impact, even McGregors coach was bragging about how small the 8oz gloves were

Lmmfao at any one who thinks getting punched with boxing gloves do not hurt.

If anything the glove adds to the power of the punch.

All you fuckers who say glove size this and glove size that must have never been punched with a boxing glove on...

Mayweather has survived prolonged offensive onslaughts from devastating punchers in his career. Compared to lighter weight MMA fighters, dude has a prime Mark Hunt level chin.

The fact that so many people legitimately thought that Conor had the ability to one shot KO Mayweather is simultaneously one of the greatest con jobs in history and evidence of the massive level of ignorance about combat sports.
Conor has a great ability to apply bro science and make it sound legit.
The way he was talking about Mayweathers small frame and how its not built to take his shots sounds pretty believable if you're just a viewer watching both of them face off, so it's not suprising that so many people believed it.

Mayweathers been perserving that chin his whole career, and his neck is also pretty thick in relation to his body, but most importantly he just sees everything coming, even if he gets rocked his recovery is 10/10.
He doesn't have a mark hunt level chin though

What is so funny about these gifs, is that Floyd is a fraction of what he used to be. He looked so old and unmotivated in that fight, like he woke up and decided to go have a sparring session. He didn't take it seriously at all.

Conor has a great ability to apply bro science and make it sound legit.
The way he was talking about Mayweathers small frame and how its not built to take his shots sounds pretty believable if you're just a viewer watching both of them face off, so it's not suprising that so many people believed it.

Mayweathers been perserving that chin his whole career, and his neck is also pretty thick in relation to his body, but most importantly he just sees everything coming, even if he gets rocked his recovery is 10/10.
He doesn't have a mark hunt level chin though

I said Mark Hunt level in comparison to lighter weight MMA fighters. Most guys who fight at FW or below in MMA would have been put out cold by the clean shots that Mosley, Castillo, Cotto and Maidana landed on Floyd.

Remarkable, isn’t it? Literally everything that he said in that clip and the entire run up to that fight was wrong, yet Showtime decided to give him a platform based on how he performed on camera.

I said Mark Hunt level in comparison to lighter weight MMA fighters. Most guys who fight at FW or below in MMA would have been put out cold by the clean shots that Mosley, Castillo, Cotto and Maidana landed on Floyd.
I agree most guys would be put out by those shots but I think floys recovery is the better asset to his durability then his chin, Floyd has gotten wobbled and avoided follow up shots due to his recovery, most guys get wobbled and anything that comes after shuts the lights off.
Floyd's chin hasn't been tested nearly enough to reach mark hunt status even for the lighter divisions.
Julio ceaser Chavez Sr is a better comparison when comparing to a legendary tested chin.
Floyds chin is good but its never carried him like hunt or chavez

Remarkable, isn’t it? Literally everything that he said in that clip and the entire run up to that fight was wrong, yet Showtime decided to give him a platform based on how he performed on camera.
I feel dumber after watching that video.

...Conor had on MMA gloves?

I keep watching the fight and I keep thinking more and more that the heavier gloves saved Floyd from getting rocked and then finished a few times.

If they ever fought in MMA, I have a feeling it would be a straight boxing match in the cage and Conor wins by KO to prove a point...no kicks at all.
Ha ha ha LOL! Conor wins in a straight boxing match LOL. Do you also believe Conor would beat Bolt in a 100m run and Phelps in a swim? Of course you do. Who created these fans? Jesus..

Back