Anyone else think prime BJ would beat Khabib and Conor?

Watc
I certainly do.

The motivated BJ with 5 rd cardio that rekd Kenny and Diego should be favoured over current Khabib imo.

Now Khabib is great at what he does, but unless he's lathering himself with grease, I don't see how he'd be able to consistently take BJ down and do any sort of serious damage from top. BJ was incredibly flexible and had a wicked guard, better than anyone Khabib ever fought by a mile, and had some of the best TDD we've ever seen. The striking wouldn't even be competitive, BJ smashes him standing.

Iron chinned boxer BJ would take Conor's back easier than Diaz did and choke him out.

Ferguson would be an interesting fight though, Tony knows how to use his length on the feet and that may cause BJ some problems. Tony is similarly great on the ground as well so that'd be cool to watch.
watch bj gsp 2 for reference for khabib vs bj

giphy.gif

Khabib gasses out BJ then probably TKO's him or takes a lopsided decision

Conor catches him early and KO's him

Okey prime bj?
Yeah he could beat both of them, but only if it was the very green khabib who fought say, gleison tibau early in his carrer, maybe!

And prime bj would have a chance, astronomical one, to beat a Connor who is inefficient with his energy.

All other scenarios bj gets smashed and probably in these two also

I don’t know. Prime BJ would probably choke Conor out.

Not sold entirely on beating Khabib. He subs McGregor.

conor yea idk about khabib.

khabib could chain wrestle the heck out of him and wear him down

The only way BJ in his prime beats either fighter is if...

Khabob- Keeps that fight standing, though Khabob's takedowns are more of the chained/relentless kind that BJ had no issues stuffing...It would only take one for BJ to get flattened on the canvas. Khabob is huge for that weight and ape strong. Just because he isn't a BJJ world champion, doesn't mean he can't pass guard or put a beating on Penn. If Penn can keep this one up, even though he is the smaller fighter, he still has more effective/crisp standup. Khabob has some lethargy in his striking that would leave him open to Penn's fists.

Connor- I loathe the guy, but standing up is not where BJ wants this. Some people are saying because he stood with Machida that he should be fine here. I say FUCK NO. To deny how good Connor is standing just because you hate him...Doesn't make sense to me. The only reason Diaz was able to beat Connor in the first place is his recovery and stamina. Penn isn't known for recovery or stamina...He is known for having a brick head though. Brick heads can only get you so far in a fight with a guy like this. Connor has a bit too much going on standing for Penn to deal with. The leg and body kicks alone, apart from higher tier hands, are enough to make this a bad night for him.

On the ground though, given how smooth and flexible BJ is, he is taking something home with him. That's not saying Connor isn't competent on the ground himself...He is, no matter how much haters deny it...But BJ in his prime is on another level in grappling. There is just no 2 ways about this...If it hits the ground Connor better hope for a mistake in the scramble so he can pop back up...Or it's over.

BJ would wax Conor for sure.. BJ is Nate Diaz on another level...

Khabib is interesting though.. if BJ can keep it standing Khabib is in Trouble.

sorry but the game had evolved so much since BJ and Frankie reigned over 155, they’d be outsized, outmatched, and outskilled by either ConMan or Khabib.
Outskilled by Connie? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Nate Diaz is a 100th of the fighter prime Penn was.

He'd probably beat both (and I'm not even positive he'd beat Khabib), but he'd lose to prime Aldo though.

Yes he could beat Conor because bj had phenomenal hands and an awesome chin. Once on the ground it was almost certain to be over.
Now khabib is an interesting fight because his control from the top is crazy. Bj had some good balance which made taking him down hard.

Conor cant out pace BJ, cant Knock BJ out, cant sub BJ he doesnt have any strengths over BJ.
BJ will smoke Conor 10000000% bet my house on it.

Khabib is a different story... but styles make fights and Prime BJ is an absolute nightmare for Conor.

Khabib probably wins.

BJ beats Conor 99 times out of 100. Conor isn't knocking him out, BJ had deceptively good take downs and insanely good BJJ. I can't understand how anyone thinks Conor beats prime BJ, it's insanity. We've seen Conor against guys with titanium chins, he wears himself out and gets choked. BJ had one of the all time great chins and was fast as hell. He's arguably the worst match-up for Conor imaginable. The game hasn't evolved past BJ, the vast majority of fighters will never catch up to where he was. Conor certainly won't, not ever.

BJ would wax Conor for sure.. BJ is Nate Diaz on another level...

Khabib is interesting though.. if BJ can keep it standing Khabib is in Trouble.

It's almost as though the guys picking Conor never watched BJ fight during his reign.

I will see your BJ and raise you 1 Royce Gracie who in his prime would have toyed with Khabib, Conor and BJ - in a one day tournament.

sorry but the game had evolved so much since BJ and Frankie reigned over 155, they’d be outsized, outmatched, and outskilled by either ConMan or Khabib.
This.
Soon we will have a moron claiming that prime Royce Gracie would be Jon Jones.

Back