Anyone else think Paulie Malignaggi is Underated?

He was really slick and achieved a lot for a guy who self-admittedly is feather-fisted.

I honestly think he's salty as fuck wrt Pacquiao, because Pac got really successful despite lacking some traits due to him having power, as opposed to Paulie who had really good textbook skills and yet his success was hindered due to lack of power.

Wow, you really think so? I think fighters with no power generally get overlooked.

I think it is both in a way.

I think they get overlooked by casual fans but romanticized by some hard-core fans in a way. Brittle hands would be a fighter's fatal flaw in a Shakespearean tragedy.

I don't know. Maybe I am imagining it.

Paulie was always losing the big fights that will keep him from any kind of wide recognition. He has such an immature hatred for Pacquiao and others that it takes away from his legitimacy as a colour commentator, even though I believe that he has some good stuff to say.

So here's a guy who literally has ZERO punching power. Like i literally don't think I have ever seen someone will less power p4p than Paulie.

And yet he has been extremely successful in the sport of boxing, about as much as you can be without punching power.
He had real boxing ability, nice footwork, good technique. Hes very active in the ring which made his fights pretty exciting. Multi weight world champion

Plus he has fought an absolutely murderous row of opponents.

Miguel Cotto
Lovermore N'dou
Ricky Hatton
Herman Ngoudjo
Juan Diaz
Amir Khan
Pablo Cesar Cano
Adrien Broner
Zab Judah
Shawn Porter
Danny Garcia

Crazy list of opponents.
Plus hes a pretty good commentator on top of it all.

I think hes underrated.
I agree. Glad someone else appreciates Paulie.

Yes, I do.

I also like joe Calzaghe a lot. I think Calzaghe gets sold short by American fans. Joe didn't throw with much power either, like Malignaggi. Idk if that's from caution due to busting his hands up early in his career or because he really just couldn't hit hard. I really like watching his style, though.

Don't get me wrong, I give Paulie credit for what he accomplished with his limited abilities, I am just making the point that sometimes guys that have no power are given bonus points in a way that other guys are not.

Having a lack of power is romanticized more than say, having a lack of speed.
Really? People seem to love guys who may lack speed but make up for it with footwork, timing, power, intelligence, etc. Just look at how much people (including me) love GGG.

Overachiever. I mean that as a compliment.

Complete shit fighter.

He attempted to counter his $hit skills by talking $hit and making baseless accusations of PEDs and steroid use of fighters he didn't like.

Just like in the UFC ye, no drug problem to see.
Wake up.

Maybe he was one of the only clean ones?
Maybe that is why he and Mayweather do not have that power?
Maybe horse meat doesnt really do deez things to you? what?

He claims he injured his hands a lot. You can find pics of him jabbing with an open glove.
It was his right hand that he hurt he had to have surgery on it and it breaks all the time. I'd say he was underrated on forums but he was a two weight champion with decent wins, a fight with broner that could have been a draw, him fighting other fighters with little power was really great to watch.

lots of boxers are underrated on forums like andre ward. or over rated like kovalev who can fight great for 6 rounds then gives up.

Paulie made Senchenko quit. He hurt Juan Diaz.

His style wasn't to try to knock guys out. Go back the the UFC forum.

Senechenko didn't really quit as smogger was asking him if he wanted to quit between rounds. Paulie took advantage of his closing eye and was hurting him. He hurt Diaz with a pretty good uppercut but also out boxed him in 8 or 9 rounds and only lost rounds because he was mocking diaz while he beat him.

Too bad he never got married or became a trainer. Paul Mal Jr would overthrown SRR.

Yes, I do.

I also like joe Calzaghe a lot. I think Calzaghe gets sold short by American fans. Joe didn't throw with much power either, like Malignaggi. Idk if that's from caution due to busting his hands up early in his career or because he really just couldn't hit hard. I really like watching his style, though.
Didnt he become hated after left hook Lacey destruction

Senechenko didn't really quit as smogger was asking him if he wanted to quit between rounds. Paulie took advantage of his closing eye and was hurting him. He hurt Diaz with a pretty good uppercut but also out boxed him in 8 or 9 rounds and only lost rounds because he was mocking diaz while he beat him.
I recall that when Diaz looked to be hurt, Paulie didn't seem to know how to respond. He was pretty shocked he hurt him I think.

I recall that when Diaz looked to be hurt, Paulie didn't seem to know how to respond. He was pretty shocked he hurt him I think.
He started taunting him. Probably to mask the fact that he didnt know what the hell to do

Didnt he become hated after left hook Lacey destruction
Probably, he fought lacy without a proper camp because he broke his hand, he was another one breaking his hands a lot.

Paulie should be the fights people watch and score to learn how to score fights for people who box. his 12 round fights generally have 10 rounds that are very easy to score. I think if people would watch a string of paulie fights that go the distance then watch ward vs kovalev they wouldnt have it so hilariously wide for kovalev

Back