Anyone else think Kelvin Gastelum has potential to be champ

He is not discipline enough in my opinion because if he was he would maintain a diet but he can't so he is not fully committed to being a champ. Because 170 would be his only shot being how he got his ass whipped by Chris Weidman at 185

Can't be champ if he can't make weight. Dude has had numerous chances to make weight. Not a champions mentality of discipline.

Not until he can make 170 at least 3 times in a row, which is something he has never done in the UFC. And for the title fight he would actually have to make 170, not the 171 that is allowed in non-title fights.

Hell, he weighed in at 180 for his WW fight against Woodley.

I think he has made 171 twice in a row ONCE.

He's to small for 185.. And not disciplined enough to make his body more suited for 170lb thus he'll never be a champ or be champ material

True, that could be what’s happening. If that’s the case though he’s fucked because at least if it’s a discipline issue he can fix it but if his body just can’t let go of the weight then there is nothing he can do.

kudos TS. the second i chalked you up to just another judgy sherdick who just insultingly bitches about fighters because he (anonymously and safely) can, you went and heard a good argument and acknowledged it as such. most asshat posters never do that.

i thought you were a cliche new sherdog member asshat, and evidence suggests i was wrong. cheers.

He has BigRiggitus, dude has a mean skill set but he can’t stop eating to keep his weight where it should be.

Not with Short Notice Bisping staring back at him.

Gastelum vs. Colby is he fight I wanna see. Mini-Cain definitely has the skill to be the champ at 170.

yeah hes got slick boxing a great chin and he has solid grappling.

he needs to cut to 170, he could be champ. his hardest fight at 170 is wonderboy imo. i think hes got the boxing skill and TDD to stop woodley and he can stop the takedown from all the other wrestlers there.

gas vs wonderboy or till would be lit

he does.. kinda in between weightclasses, but lay off the weed and he wont have so much munchies to eat

If I remember correctly Gastelum missed weight by a few pounds. As far as the fight goes if I remember correctly, Woodley didn't look overly impressive, he clearly won but it wasn't some amazing performance.
You guys are going to continually need to be reminded that Woodley had a broken foot? I'm beginning to think it's omitted on purpose.

Absolutely. His Woodley fight was a toss up and his striking has improved leaps and bounds since then. I would favor him in a fight with pretty much everyone at 170lbs if he can reliably and comfortably make the weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back