Anyone else taking Bispings win over Rockhold more serious after seeing Rockhold fight again?

BjPenn2017

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Alot of people seem to say Bispings win over Rockhold was a fluke, I never did myself, but after seeing Rockhold fight this weekend there's no way anyone could think that was a fluke. Luke doesn't have good striking defense, dropped that first round to Branch and a better striker may have been able to capitalize and finish Rockhold that fight.. like Bisping did their rematch on two weeks notice

No, because I'm not a moron who believed that a professional, world class fighter only knocked out an opponent due to a "fluke" in the first place.

It looks to me like Rockhold thinks that if he acts relaxed at the start of a fight (doesn't put his hands up or be ready to use head movement when he is attacked) he will be relaxed. While he's busy focusing on that, his opponents light him up.

Dude needs to put his fucking hands up. Needs to go to Tarverdyan: "head movement!!! Head movement!!!!"

So yes, I am taking Bisping's win more seriously. He figured out he needed to pressure Rockhold early, & it worked. Branch obviously tried the same approach & found some success early. Credit to Rockhold for weathering the storm.

Last edited:
People seem to forget that they're 1 - 1, Rockhold beat the absolute shit out of Bisping the first time.

People seem to forget that they're 1 - 1, Rockhold beat the absolute shit out of Bisping the first time.
The absolute shit? Head kick then choke, it was a clean win but he didn't beat the absolute shit out of anyone.
I sometimes wonder if some of you even watch the fights

No one forgets the first fight happened or the result.
Rockhold did the same thing against Branch that got him knocked out against Bisping.
If he keeps doing it, he'll get knocked out again.

That's how Rockhold has always fought. Anyone saying it was a fluke in the first place or that he didn't take Bisping seriously is a fucking retard.

No, because I'm not a moron who believed that a professional, world class fighter only knocked out an opponent due to a "fluke" in the first place.
henderson-vs-bisping-knockout-o.gif

Good alot of people seem to think so though. I rooted so hard for Bisping that fight he has always been one of my favs, was one of the best moments ive seen in all my time I've watched mma. Seems to get overshadowed by the fact people think it was a fluke when it wasn't.

The absolute shit? Head kick then choke, it was a clean win but he didn't beat the absolute shit out of anyone.
I sometimes wonder if some of you even watch the fights
It was a thorough ass whooping. Bisping had little for him on the feet, got dropped, then subbed for the first time in his career.

His right sucks. He thinks his check right hook is some kind of ultimate weapon, he spoke about it after the fight in an interview as well. Dude needs to work on his defense for sure.

Idk I didn't think Bispings KO was a fluke per se but I definitely didn't expect him to beat Rockhold the second time. I literally jumped out of my chair when left hook Larry landed...

Back