Anyone else surprised Black Beast gets a co-main event spot?

are you saying he doesn't deserve this spot due to his skin colour?

To answer your question in your title, Yes I’m surprised. To answer the question in your post, no I don’t think he deserves to be co-main. Back injuries generally don’t get better especially when you’re in the hurt business. I thought he got a stem cell treatment originally but he said in an interview that it was, I’m assuming, caudal steroid injections or facet blocks. He said his discs were intact and it was purely muscular impingement but it seems like an awful big risk putting him as co-main.

It has nothing to do with the black beast and everything to do with Volkov. They want a Russian heavyweight to co-main.

I'm honestly surprised Beast has an MMA career in the first place tbh.

HW is an embarrassment to the sport.

If his back issues are not resolved I do not want to see him fight. And I'm a huge fan!

This is called the akiyama effect. Black beast will keep having boring shitty oh fuck my back hurts fights until hes the main event on a conor card.

Yes and no. Not sure he deserves it after the last showing, but he is a big enough name to be useful and gets no PPV points.

So win win!

I have to agree with the other posters that this is more about Volkov than Lewis. HW lacks talent and Dana is trying to bring the guy who KOd Werdum into the spotlight.

I'm just surprised they they put him against Volkov of all people, the best point fighter in the HW division. He'll literally fight BB the same way he did Roy Nelson. We saw how that fight turned out..

he's generally very exciting, that was the only stinker in his career that I can think of

even though that fight was terrible he did more than Ngannou (though admittedly it still wasn't much)

His back has fucked up 3 of his last 4 fights so I'm a bit surprised that's not more of a concern.

He had 20 shots of rocket fuel in his back recently that will last for a year apparently. No excuses this time

are you saying he doesn't deserve this spot due to his skin colour?
th

Absolute joke.
The guy is pushing his body to do something it just cant do anymore for a paycheck.
Send him to Bellator.

Back