Anyone else scared of rollercoasters?

I'm all down for rollercoasters..

It's the rides at fairs that I can't do.

Something about rides that just spin you in a circle constantly get me bad..

But put me on something that shoots me all over the place at a high rate of speed and I'm fine.

I'm not scared of roller coasters per say. I just don't handle them as well as I did from ages 12-28. Still love 'em though.

Thread reminds me that I’m getting old and one day won’t enjoy going on rides :(

6 flags magic mountain was full of hipsters and wannabe thugs last time I went ...

Superman the ride, the riddler, Batman were all epic growing up though .

I never cared for them. I always liked thrills from non mechanical rides. Water parks, Action Park, climbing things, jumping off things, etc.

Funny story, when I was a kid we scheduled a small group of friends to go to a theme park for my birthday.

I had never riden a rollercoaster in my life up to that point.

Couldnt force myself on until the one girl that was invited just blank faced looked at me and said "come on....its not a big deal"
>>>>not being a pussy shown up by a 12 year old girl
>>>got on
>loved it

I can get myself on any rollercoaster or ride but I do wonder, every single time, how good has the maintenance been on this thing? How do I know Jack, head of the parks coaster repairs, hasn't developed a major opiate addiction and let his work go to shit?

I feel safer going 200mph in a car or on a sportbike than going 100 on a coaster because at least my life is in my hands

I absolutely can not and will not go down one of these though. I simply cant
Would-you-dare-take-on-this-waterslide-662047.jpg

I thought I was done with rollercoasters, but then I had to do my duty and ride along with my nephew, and rollercoasters turned out to be pretty much the same as back then: Great fun.

I absolutely can not and will not go down one of these though. I simply cant
Would-you-dare-take-on-this-waterslide-662047.jpg

Those actually I have little problem with or log flumes, its not one off drops but rather repeated shifts in direction(as with bobbing around on a rough sea) that gives me nausea.

Those actually I have little problem with or log flumes, its not one off drops but rather repeated shifts in direction(as with bobbing around on a rough sea) that gives me nausea.
its not the drop off for me either. I can handle anything in that regards. Its not being secured. I just imagine falling off somehow

No need for rollercoasters anyway when your flying in Nepal...

I'm a bit of a thrill seeker so rollercoasters and their failsafe mechanisms don't interest me.
Kind of same in that I just don't get a thrill from Roller-coasters but not because of the fail-safes. Just they are not thrilling enough.

Oh and...

Of course you always wonder if that particular one was worked on or maintained by dumbshit crackhead and if you'll end up on the 10 o'clock news.

I don’t like them, but for some reason I was ok with space mountain at Disney World. Perhaps because it’s dark and i didn’t get the full impression of heights.

nope. Love em. I seek out the fast ones. So far, its Goliath or X2 at Six Flags

I rode my first and only coaster about 10 years ago. The world famous Cyclone in Coney Island. Built in 1927.

Yes,i was terrified,as i knew i would be,but i did it.

The height didnt bother me,but the drop feeling was unlike anything i ever experienced. Closing your eyes doesnt help hahaha. I think i COULD enjoy it with experience,but not begging to put myself through that again. Maybe one day.

maxresdefault.jpg

I’d be concerned about riding a $5 rollercoaster, too.

It’s a high-velocity, thrill-inducing vessel...not a Subway sandwich!

Who in their right mind is not scared of rollercoasters? Pay $5 to be propelled at a high rate of speed with no control over your mortality. I can barely make it up a ski lift without jumping out.
It seems like a terrible idea until you actually go on one.
It's super fun.

Love/hate for me

I love theme parks and I never want to go on the rollercoasters, but then I get mad at myself for being a bitch

We're not too far from Alton Towers (look up what happened on the 'smiler' rollercoaster)

If you wanna be put off rollercoasters

My mate was there the weekend after the accident

tbh i have ridden the coasters a few times.cute girls are my kryptonite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back