Anyone Else Really Excited about how this year is shaping up for Boxing?

Pretty good year so far. Let the hits keep rolling in.

We have seen some good fights this year...You know it's a good year when the Heavyweight division is starting to make noise.

Just gotta wait to see how next week plays out with Canelo Alvarez. But today was awesome!!!

Awesome year so far. I just hope Wilder-Ortiz gets done.

Amazing time for boxing. Its a damn shame that there hasn't been more hype for the ACTUAL competitive matchups we've had this year.

Amazing time for boxing. Its a damn shame that there hasn't been more hype for the ACTUAL competitive matchups we've had this year.

One of the best years in boxing, and it pretty much got hijacked by a freak show.

There's been BARELY any coverage on the Superfly card.
Minimal talk on the World Boxing Super Series tournament.
And HBO didn't even promote the Cotto fight which was on the same night of the freakshow.

Great year!! In the opening post the Gonzalez vs Rungvisai 1 has to be added as well as their upcoming rematch with Cuadras vs Estrada as undercard plus Naoya Inoue.
I expect this event almost as match as the Canelo vs GGG and Loma vs Rigo.

So this year so far we have had
Thurman vs Garcia
Frampton vs Cruz II
GGG vs Jacobs
Klits vs Joshua- Edit: Amazing Fight.
Canelo vs JCC Jr- A major event.
Kov- Ward II- Great fight.
Floyd-Conor- Joke of a fight but was fun to watch and a big buy rate

Coming up we have
MAJOR FIGHTS

Edit:
Canelo-GGG!!!!- Major Event

Joshua-Pulev- Big event for me. I think Joshua has all the tools to be a superstar in America

Wilder-Ortiz!!! Should be wild

Lomachenko-Rigo- Holy fuck this is gonna be great.

ON TOP OF THAT

AT HW
Tyson Fury is coming back: Edit Guess not lol
Hughie Fury vs Joseph Parker for the WBO Belt: Finally happening
Deontay Wilder is going to be defending again this year.
Luis Ortiz, Dillian Whyte, Bermain Stiverene and Kubrat Pulev are all in the mix
Edit:
Wilder-Ortiz!!! Should be wild
Joshua-Pulev
Appears Dilllian Whyte is gonna fight on Oct 28th

At MW
We have a sort of four kings thing forming with
Canelo
GGG
Lemeiux
Jacobs
I imagine we get some combo of the four by the end of the year.
with BJS, Andy Lee, Eubank Jr, and N'Dam looking also in the divison

As well as the debut of Jermall Charlo into the divison this year

Miguel Cotto is also looking for a fight it appears.
Edit: Cotto looked great
Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam vs Ryota Murata- Oct
Charlo looked good in his debut
Billy Joe Saunders vs Willie Monroe Jr- Sept 16th

My opinion: Why not do Andy Lee vs David Lemeiux?

At JMW
Lara is the man
But their is great prospects in the divison
Demtrius Andrade, Jermell Charlo, J-Rock, Harley, Lubin.
Could be an interesting divison this year.
Edit:
2 Solid fights in October
Jarett Hurd vs Austin Trout
Jermell Charlo vs Erickson Lubin

Lara vs Gausha Oct 14th

At WW
We have two great matchups in
Eroll Spence Jr vs Kell Brock for the IBF Welterweight Title: Nice Fight
Shawn Porter vs Andre Berto: Nice Fight

Danny Garcia and Keith Thurman just had their fight. i would imagine both fight by the end of the year. I assume Thurman wants the winner of Spence-Brook. Maybe Garcia can get the loser

We also have Tim Bradley, Jessie Vargas, Luis Collazo and Felix Diaz circling the divison looking for fights.

Edit
Bradley has retired. Great career
Spence will make first defense in Dec or Jan
Khan and Brook throwing jab at each other still. I dunno whats gonna happen there
Pac and Horn it appears the rematch is on hold but I think it will happen next year

Vargas vs Horn a possibility for Dec

JLW
Lomo vs Sosa

Lomo, Miura, Salido, Vargas, Gervonta, Berchelt and Corrales. all in the same divison
I imagine we get some combo of the 7 at some point in the year. Very exciting division.

Lomo vs Rigo
Mirua retires
Gervonta just fought on the may-mac undercard
I imagine Corrales and Castellanos are gonna rematch
Possible Vargas-Berchelt rematch

On top of all that
Mikey Garcia vs Adrien Broner- Decent Fight

It appears the Terrence Crawford is going to be making the move to WW, which is where he is going to be really making his legacy. Lets see what happens

Crolla vs Linares II- Another exciting fight: Linares won clean

Tony Bellew is suddenly semi interesting: He should probably fight soon

Linares- Campbell- Sept 23

Adonis Stevenson vs Eledier Alvarez should happen this year: looks like itll happen

Diego De La Hoya is fighting on Sept 16th? I guess I should start paying attention to him?

It looks like Mares and Cruz are on the same card, so I imagine they fight again after.

Kov I believe is gonna fight again in Nov

I think its going to be a great year

<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

<GinJuice><GinJuice>

{<RR}

Honestly I think every year for the past several years had fights that got me really excited. Of course Canelo-GGG is bigger than most though

Great year!! In the opening post the Gonzalez vs Rungvisai 1 has to be added as well as their upcoming rematch with Cuadras vs Estrada as undercard plus Naoya Inoue.
I expect this event almost as match as the Canelo vs GGG and Loma vs Rigo.
Inoue's American debut and Chocolito's redemption will definitely be highlights to start autumn with a bang. Cant believe TS left that out of his extensive list.

Inoue's American debut and Chocolito's redemption will definitely be highlights to start autumn with a bang. Cant believe TS left that out of his extensive list.
Yeah man. Plus Cuadras and Estrada are fighting for the place of the top dog of Mexico in the lower weights!
Estrada is so good some people like Marquez say he is the best Mexican boxer right now.
Even if Gonzalez beat Rungvisai someone of that bunch is gonna nail him sooner or later.
And the event is this week! September became the best month for boxing in 2017.

Yeah man. Plus Cuadras and Estrada are fighting for the place of the top dog of Mexico in the lower weights!
Estrada is so good some people like Marquez say he is the best Mexican boxer right now.
Even if Gonzalez beat Rungvisai someone of that bunch is gonna nail him sooner or later.
And the event is this week! September became the best month for boxing in 2017.
just added it

tenor.gif

Melindo-Budler IBF JFlyW this Saturday.

Back